Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 05:27 AM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Update?

Been almost 7 weeks since we've had an update. Can we expect one anytime soon? And can we expect it to include anything other than just bug fixes?
Old 01-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

/signed
Old 01-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #3
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

I'm hoping we get a whack of bug fixes soon. New features would be too much to ask at this point (though I do still hope they come through on some once the major bugs are worked out).
Old 01-11-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
tward13
All Star Starter

Let's get all the problems fixed first.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:29 AM   #5
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Sometimes it doesn't feel like this game is from the same company as OOTP. I can't imagine Markus going so long between updates or communications. It's disappointing.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:05 AM   #6
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

I have this game on my radar guess i'll have to wait for version 3 (like i did for version 1)
Old 01-13-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
Sometimes it doesn't feel like this game is from the same company as OOTP. I can't imagine Markus going so long between updates or communications. It's disappointing.
We're not publishing an update every week. We just finished through the holidays at the end of December and are working on things. The more updates and communication there is, the more it takes away from Jeff/Malte and Sebastien's time from working on the game (tweaks, bugs, new features). They'll communicate when the next update is ready.

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
Old 01-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #8
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
We're not publishing an update every week. We just finished through the holidays at the end of December and are working on things. The more updates and communication there is, the more it takes away from Jeff/Malte and Sebastien's time from working on the game (tweaks, bugs, new features). They'll communicate when the next update is ready.
It literally would take like less than a minute to come on here and make a post saying that exact thing and alleviating people's concerns about things that have developed. Hardly taking away much time from working on things.

When one of the problems with the first version from what I understand was a lack of communication with people who bought the game, it's not a good look to even appear like it's going down that same road again.

It would do wonders if somebody would come on here and let the fans who spent money on the game know what's going on.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #9
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
This might help with the programming aspect of things, but it hurts the company as a whole, as people begin to get pissed off at the development team.

This is not the first time we've been down this road-- we've had long periods of radio silence before, and it does absolutely nothing to encourage people to a) tell their friends to play this version; b) write reviews to tell strangers to play this version; or c) buy and play the next version of the game.

Cole and Jeff put a lot of work into rehabilitating the company with the community during the last year-- it would be a shame to throw that work away and alienate the community yet again.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #10
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

It shouldn't be long before there is an update. Work continues on the Database and a new test build has been getting tested for a couple of days now. Probably not my place to say that but if it helps allay some of your frustrations then it can't entirely be a bad thing

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 01-13-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #11
tward13
All Star Starter

With the amount of trouble your customers are having with the game, the mess it makes of online leagues, etc a quick hello would have been nice.

People have been extremely patient with your product.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #12
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
With the amount of trouble your customers are having with the game, the mess it makes of online leagues, etc a quick hello would have been nice.

People have been extremely patient with your product.
We (and especially I) understand the frustration when you feel your voice is not being heard. That is not the case here though. The developers have heard and are working on a new patch, but the end of the year brought a great deal of change (including bring in me).

I have been busy with a variety of things (as slightly touched on in my introduction on the forums - and including getting a new PC), so I hope to be on the boards more.

Please know we are listening.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #13
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Burnett View Post
We (and especially I) understand the frustration when you feel your voice is not being heard. That is not the case here though. The developers have heard and are working on a new patch, but the end of the year brought a great deal of change (including bring in me).

I have been busy with a variety of things (as slightly touched on in my introduction on the forums - and including getting a new PC), so I hope to be on the boards more.

Please know we are listening.
While at certain times there were answers to bug reports (mostly by Jeff), it would be nice to have them more regularly again. For weeks no one responded to bug reports and I have the feeling that - once again - a lot of things get lost around here.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #14
Spirits
Major Leagues

Jeff has been on a vacation and he's usually the one sorting, communicating and delegating tasks. The other devs seem to focus on working on the game itself.

Coincidentally, the community manager seat was just switching owners, so there probably wasn't anyone to report to the community. Someone should have, though.

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD
Old 01-24-2016, 11:45 PM   #15
BigBen
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
I have this game on my radar guess i'll have to wait for version 3 (like i did for version 1)
At the pace they fix the game I'll wait till version 6 or 7 to have a decent game.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #16
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
At the pace they fix the game I'll wait till version 6 or 7 to have a decent game.
It´s very, very enjoyable - the most important thing, the match engine, is already way ahead of the competition and the remaining flaws will get ironed out

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 01-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #17
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
It´s very, very enjoyable - the most important thing, the match engine, is already way ahead of the competition and the remaining flaws will get ironed out
Totally agree

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Closed Thread