Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
awick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
When it comes to releasing minor leaguers the AI only seem to cut poor prospects (usually the fodder in the late rounds) around draft time.

I suspect the guy in question is not actually playing in the rookie but just stored there until his contract is up. Best way to fix this is to not have rookie league roster size to unlimited.

I too rather have AI cut older career minor leaguers instead of fodder prospects who were just drafted the year before.

Edit- seem that he actually played in the league. I sometimes see players playing a few games in a league where they exceeded the age limit but nothing close to 40+ games.
I do have rosters unlimited at the rookie level. Maybe I should have a fairly high limit (thinking 60 players) to help control this.

I only see the extensive use of too-old players occurring at the rookie level, not at higher minor league levels. In fact, I first noticed the issue when I saw a guy around 35 who was the MVP of a rookie league.

I appreciate the comments/suggestions I've had on this issue, particularly from SirMichaelJordan and RchW. And once again, I don't regard this as a big deal. It's a minor annoyance I can deal with or even ignore.
awick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #22
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Any way to prevent aging stars from being sent to minors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awick View Post
I do have rosters unlimited at the rookie level. Maybe I should have a fairly high limit (thinking 60 players) to help control this.

I only see the extensive use of too-old players occurring at the rookie level, not at higher minor league levels. In fact, I first noticed the issue when I saw a guy around 35 who was the MVP of a rookie league.

I appreciate the comments/suggestions I've had on this issue, particularly from SirMichaelJordan and RchW. And once again, I don't regard this as a big deal. It's a minor annoyance I can deal with or even ignore.

Unlimited may be the problem. Putting a limit on the lowest (try 50) may stop the AI from dumping these players on the team.

I had a similar problem with foreign limits

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 07-02-2015 at 02:30 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #23
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Unlimited may be the problem. Putting a limit on the lowest (try 50) may stop the AI from dumping these players on the team.

I had a similar problem with foreign limits
I have unlimited roster size at level A. My oldest player is 24 out of 41 players. At AA the oldest is 25 with a 30 player roster. At AAA the oldest is 33 on a 30-man roster. He is a minor league FA catcher. The next oldest is 29 but likely to be released. The rest are 27 and under.

It seems to me that for 30+ players to be hanging around the low minor leagues then there must be not enough young minor league FA. Occasionally I have major injury issues. I can typically sign 8-10 players between 18 and 22 at any time which restocks the A league team and pushes guys up the ladder.

Those who have this problem should check how many players they have. Right now between the WS and declared free agency I have 291 minor league FA. There are 114 30 and above. Wrong!

Edit:

I meant 291 minor league FA between 18-22 and 114 30 and above.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 07-04-2015 at 10:44 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Change your AI evaluation settings! Check the "Overall rating based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings" box in Settings, switch your AI evaluation settings to 10/60/20/10 or 0/67/22/11, and be sure and click the "Apply changes now" line in blue immediately underneath the AI evaluation settings. This should stop veterans who are still performing being demoted when their stats drop but their performance is still acceptable.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #25
awick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Change your AI evaluation settings! Check the "Overall rating based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings" box in Settings, switch your AI evaluation settings to 10/60/20/10 or 0/67/22/11, and be sure and click the "Apply changes now" line in blue immediately underneath the AI evaluation settings. This should stop veterans who are still performing being demoted when their stats drop but their performance is still acceptable.
Wolf -- I've always used the AI evaluation, not pure ratings, so that isn't an issue. My AI evaluation setting is 30/40/20/10 --and I am going to move in the direction you are advocating as I think that is good advice and not just related to this issue. (And again I'll say this is not a big deal for me.)

I don't think I have a problem with veterans who are still performing being demoted. It's generally an issue of veterans who are not performing who get demoted, all the way to rookie ball, rather than being released.

RchW -- I have lots of unowned players, so don't think that's problematic. My numbers on April 20: 3367 total free agents, 583 of them 30 or older, 931 of them 18-22.
awick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If they are not performing then that's a whole different fish.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote