Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
aaronhelman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

GM's Daily To-Do List?

Looking for users who are more involved in the day-to-day management of your teams... What does your to-do list look like day-to-day? Is your scout scouting 365 days a year? How much do you micromanage your minor leagues? What do you do in a day before you click FINISH TODAY?
aaronhelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:12 AM   #2
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

check waiver wire
move players throughout minor league system (injuries, promotions, demotions)
check free agents available
check minor league box scores
look for potential trade targets
check mail
check injuries
check from office (budgets, payroll etc)
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:27 AM   #3
Tashtego
Minors (Double A)

This might help.

None of what follows is my work. I copied this off the form a few years ago. If I knew the author’s name I would cite him, but I can’t remember. At any rate, it’s all someone else’s work.
For the exact dates of events in your specific league, see the "League Events" screen available from the league drop-down.

-----Beginning of pre-season (late January):
Review position ratings, to change player position/role when beneficial.
Review pitching role to see if any bullpen can start or starters need to move to bullpen.
Review long term contracts ("Salaries" page) to see payroll in future seasons.
Review league finances on "Front Office" page to see if we can take on or need to dump salary.
Start negotiating contract extensions with players I know I want to keep long term.
Trade players or sign free agents as desired.

-----Before spring training starts (February):
Review batters for secondary positions they want to learn. Play them at those positions during Spring Training.
Selectively promote players from the secondary (40-man) roster to the active major league roster (avoiding automatic promotion).
Waive & DFA players on the secondary (40-man) roster that I don't want to go to spring training.
If player is not on 40-man, consider remaining options before calling up for spring training, to avoid a player without minor league options being forced through waivers after Spring Training.
Set pitching chart for Spring Training.
Set Lineups for Spring Training.
Be sure extra players are available during spring training so that players aren't overworked and become injury prone.

-----After Spring training (early April):
Move players off of the expanded (40-man) spring training roster to prepare for the regular season Active (25-man) roster.
Set team strategy for the coming season.

-----Before First-Year Player Draft (mid-June):
Make draft list if necessary (online leagues)

-----After First-Year Player Draft (mid-June):
Negotiate signing bonuses with drafted players
Set player positions and pitching role if change is desired.

-----Before Trade Deadline (end of July):
Consider strengthening current team or gearing for future by making trades or trading away older players in return for youngsters to play in future seasons.

-----Before the roster expansion (mid August):
For teams contending for a play-off spot, be aware that the playoff roster is restricted to players who were on the active roster on the day before the roster expansion.
If considering promoting a minor league player to the active roster, keep in mind that players with no remaining minor league options may need to be waived to be demoted back to the minors!
Promote additional players to the expanded (40-man) active roster as desired.

-----Near End of Season (end of September):
Adjust pitching order (7 day lineup in online sim leagues) to reserve the best pitchers for the initial games of the playoffs.

-----After playoffs, before Salary Arbitration Hearings (November):
Handle player options (respond in lower left of in-game email sent to manager).
Adjust player arbitration offers (special screen from the team drop-down).
Move players from active roster down to minor leagues to avoid league minimum salary next year.
Make long term contract plans/considerations (extensions, trades, sign free agents ....) for the next several years.
Hire new personnel if necessary.

Before the Playoffs, in order to make sure all the teams are on even ground, reset all player fatigue.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:33 AM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

quick question while we are here guys...if you bring a player up during september call ups, does it start the clock on his contract? In other words, are you purchasing the contract, or is it related more like spring training?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #5
Noone_Uknow
Minors (Single A)

You are purchasing the contract and the clock officially starts.
Noone_Uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 AM   #6
TomVeal
All Star Starter

One modification to Tashtego's very helpful list: OOTP now allows one to add players to the spring training roster without putting them onto the 40-man roster.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote