Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
blackrussian
All Star Reserve

historical/fictional combo

Hi guys. I've been away from the game for a few years and I when I was reading the features for the new game, I read this: "for example, you can easily set up a historical league with teams from different eras, or create a fictional league with a historical player pool of your choosing."

I want to use 1982 as a starting point for a fictional league. That is, I want to import the 1982 season, using the real players and league structure but have the dynamically evolving league options available to it. Is there a way I can do this during league creation, or I do I have to resort to some sort of workaround?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure about fictional players, but you can set up this historical setup easily ...

Simply start a fictional league, then when you select the team names you have a button in the upper third that reads something like "switch to historical names" and there you can select historical year and team ...

But as I said, I'm not sure about the fictional aspect ..
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
blackrussian
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I'm not sure about fictional players, but you can set up this historical setup easily ...

Simply start a fictional league, then when you select the team names you have a button in the upper third that reads something like "switch to historical names" and there you can select historical year and team ...

But as I said, I'm not sure about the fictional aspect ..
Thank you, it took me a minute to find that. I think I was hoping for a one-stop shopping kind of deal during league creation where I could just dump an entire season into the fictional league creation and then start creating the appropriate minor leagues for it.

Basically, what I want to do is to take an MLB season, create the historical minor league structure for it (fill it with fictional players) and have the entire thing evolve as a fictional league would.

I suppose I can use the the switch to the historical names method, create the league without minors then add my own structure before starting the game.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Yes you can do that. And shameless plug my online league started off like that, but we started in 1986. We have 25% historical players and 75% fictionals in 1999. We're looking for new owners if you're interested in that.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
sprague
All Star Starter

suggest you test this out before you get too far...
in the past fictional players tend to be rated higher than what comes from real players in historical year esp on defense.

It might be different in 15, but I used to have to lower the Player Creation Modifiers for the fictional drafts to keep things equal
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

I'm in year 14 and it seems to be working okay so far. But yes, the defense does tend to tip the scales, but I find it's balanced nicely as they don't hit as well as the pros, or develop fully into their seemingly massive talents every time.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote