Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Next Level Strategy

Rather than seeing visual animated graphics per say, I would rather see strategy implemented at the next level...this of course, would include some nice eye candy, and intuitive features to take OOTP to the next level strategically. My vision is this: a really fully implemented gamecast screen that is interactive, and informative...this would work in conjunction with player profiles.

Let me tell you what I am getting at. I would love to see a gamecast screen where all balls in play are accounted for, as well as the location of every pitch. Your gamecast screen may look something like you would see on the ESPN website, where you can view everything from play by play, to lineups, to stats, scouting reports etc... The current gamecast we have now I feel does not provide enough info at once, and wastes space. I would like to see spray charts for every player, and every ballpark. They should be viewable from this webcast, and also from the player profile pages. They should also mean something strategically. Pitchers and batters should have strengths and weaknesses. The outcome of each at bat should not just be determined from raw ability as it currently is. Batters should be have strengths and weaknesses determined by pitch types, location, speed etc.. Heat charts should be implemented for pitchers and batters. This will be bring scouting and strategy to a new level. Just as an example...in the game currently, why would you ever "guard lines"? How would you know which players you should really be doing this for? A spray chart would tell you. Same with an infield or outfield shift? Here are some examples?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Nice idea! They could get a whole sabermetrics system going within OOTP, like Pitch F/X.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Nice

Last edited by Bluenoser; 11-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
blasek0
Major Leagues

If this were going to be added, I'd also push for the include of a lot more of the "sabermetric" stats. Detailed grounball/flyball/line drive rates, K%, BB%, Swinging Strike rates, etc.

For more stuff, see this thread from elsewhere on the OOTP15 suggestions board.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

I am fully in favor of this. Especially the hit charts.
Sox2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasek0 View Post
If this were going to be added, I'd also push for the include of a lot more of the "sabermetric" stats. Detailed grounball/flyball/line drive rates, K%, BB%, Swinging Strike rates, etc.

For more stuff, see this thread from elsewhere on the OOTP15 suggestions board.
As I stated, I want it to actually mean something strategically.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
CatKnight
All Star Starter

I'd be very shy of a feature like this.

Baseball Mogul started trying to do this two years ago. In BM13 they ended up having to give players the option to turn it off because the pitch data took too long to load/ballooned the size of the save files. Allegedly going to this 'physics' engine allowed the game to be more realistic - I couldn't tell any difference.

BM14's issues are the stuff of legend.

I think we're well in the realm of "if it ain't broke" here.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
blasek0
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
As I stated, I want it to actually mean something strategically.
Those stats do mean something strategically, especially if you're playing stats only.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
I'd be very shy of a feature like this.

Baseball Mogul started trying to do this two years ago. In BM13 they ended up having to give players the option to turn it off because the pitch data took too long to load/ballooned the size of the save files. Allegedly going to this 'physics' engine allowed the game to be more realistic - I couldn't tell any difference.

BM14's issues are the stuff of legend.

I think we're well in the realm of "if it ain't broke" here.
I think this is a good point. It should be optional so people who don't want it and would never use could keep it turned off. I would imagine that this feature would take up mountains of disk space, too.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote