Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-07-2002, 06:45 AM   #1
A.J. Holz
All Star Reserve

Post 4.0c import problem (Lahman 4.5)

Strange problem attempting to create a historical league with the 4.0c patch of OOTP4.

Extract Lahman 4.5 files to C:\STATS. Create a new historical league and choose to import year 1984 from C:\STATS.

When the import finishes, I take a look at the real life stats for a few teams. Most look fine, but Chicago (NL) has problems with the pitching stats for some members on the staff.

For example, Rick Sutcliffe, who went 16-1 in 1984 for the Cubs and 20-6 for the entire season, is listed as having 40 wins (!) and 12 losses, 70 games, 488 innings, etc. (it seems like every pitching stat is DOUBLED). Other pitchers on the staff have the same problem (ex. Dennis Eckersley went 14-12 in real life but is listed as 28-24 in OOTP).

It looks like some other pitchers on other teams have the same problem (their stats are all doubled for the year) - ex. Salome Barojas of Chicago (A) has an 18-14 W/L record when in reality he went 9-7 split between Chicago and Seattle.

Got it narrowed down to IF a pitcher spent the year with more than one team, then when that pitcher is imported from Lahman 4.5 into the 4.0c version, their stats are doubled. If a pitcher spent the whole 1984 season with one team, then there is no problem with importing the stats.
JOBL - Grand Forks Varmints (former owner)
FIBB - Chicago Fire
TMBU - Tulsa Tomcats (former owner)
ACL - Oakland A's (former owner)
ACB - Rockville Superbas
A.J. Holz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 06:58 AM   #2
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

This is a known error and does not effect game play, will be corrected in the next patch.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 12:25 AM   #3
asamford
Banned

it's pretty simple to fix. open the pitchers file in excel, sort data by teams, delete all of the TOT lines (where those extra stats are coming from), then re-sort the data by 1)year and 2)team (this is how it was orignally sorted.) save. all fixed.
asamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:03 AM   #4
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

In fact I've already fixed this in the database, and I'm trying to correct a few others (like filling in some missing bio data for players debuting 1998 or later) I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Current status:

-Removed all Pitchers TOT entries
-Added Bio data for all rookies debuting in 2001
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote