Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2014, 02:38 AM   #1
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Stitched Cap logos

Here are all the Major League logos done in a stitched/embroidered style.

For the Baseball Megapack click the link below. This contains all the logos from the single links.

Baseball Megapack
NFL Stitched Logos
Major League Logos
Quote:
Cap Logos
These have been updated and contains a folder of alternate cap style logos as a bonus.

I am now open to requests also but the stipulation has to be a logo of medium/large good quality logo. Medium means a logo above 500X500 pixels in size. Anything less than this makes it hard for the program to pick out certain points in the logo. Also it will be a request of two logos per post. I dont want anyone sticking about twenty images on one post then expecting them to be done right away.

Last edited by thecrunchtackle; 05-24-2014 at 07:36 AM.
thecrunchtackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pacific Coast AAA League

Download Link

Old 04-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Very nice... What did you use the give them the embroidered look?

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Very nice... What did you use the give them the embroidered look?
I use this DRAWings embroidery software - Embroidery Effect
plus Photoshop, Illustrator and Corel Draw which are needed as well in the process of making the logos.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Yes, nice indeed. Some work better than others though.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Yes, nice indeed. Some work better than others though.
Thanks. The problem I have had is that I dont have any input into the stitching style used by the embroidery program. It determines what it thinks is better for the image. I then have to use Photoshop just to tidy up what it has given me.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
mghurst
All Star Starter

can you do the texas league
mghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:11 AM   #8
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghurst View Post
can you do the texas league
Next on my list after I finish the International league.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

International AAA League

Download Link

Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #10
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Texas League AA

Old 04-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #11
English_Ray
All Star Reserve

These look absolutely brilliant. Nice work.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #12
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Southern League AA

Download Link
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Eastern League AA

Download Link

Old 04-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #14
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Florida State League A

Download Link

Old 04-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #15
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Carolina League A

Download Link

Old 04-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #16
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

I downloaded the DRAWings software. Just curious, what do you have the settings at when you import a logo?

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
I downloaded the DRAWings software. Just curious, what do you have the settings at when you import a logo?
Ok time to share the magic. I will give you a step by step guide to making the stiched logos as easy for everyone to follow as I can.

Step 1: Photoshop. I use CS5 version

Once you have found a logo that is suitable make sure you delete the background if the logo has one. It is worth finding a large logo to work from. The quickest way is using the Magic Wand Tool to do this. Tidy around the edge of the logo if you need to by going to LAYER, MATTING, DEFRINGE. Choose between 1 or 10 pixels and press enter. This just gets rid of any thin lines left over from the magic wand tool. Click on FILE and then NEW. Choose image size at 150X150 Pixels. Sometimes it is worth saving another at 200X200 pixels. Drag the original image into the new window. Click EDIT and then FREE TRANSFORM. Hold down SHIFT and from the top left corner of the black lines click the mouse and drag inwards. The image will shrink down. If you do not hold shift the image will be pulled out of shape. Once the new image is the middle of the new window just keep resizing it so it does not go completely to the edges. Always leave a little to work with. Save image as a .png. You can now discard this saved image but KEEP the ORIGINAL.

Step 2: Adobe Illustrator. I use CS6 version.

Load up your .png image and then go to WINDOW and look down the list for IMAGE TRACE. A window will appear with some settings. Where it says PRESET click on that and then on LOW FIDELTY PHOTO. Click on ADVANCED and move the CORNERS option up to 100%. Reduce the NOISE option all the way down to 1. Click SAVE AS and save as a .ai file.

Step 3: CorelDRAW. I use X5 version.

Load up the .ai file and then save it as an Enhanced Windows Metafile. (This is the only way you will get the next step to work properly. If there is any programme that can turn .ai file into a EMF then that will probably work)

Step 4: DRAWings Embroidery Effect.

Load the EMF image.
Change the DPI setting to 600. Click the Multisample option and change the fabric type to HEAVY. Click GO.

Step 5: Photoshop again.

Load up the effect image. Now you will have a coloured stiching effect on a grey/white fabric background. You might find that you have some coloured stitching crossing the image to another of the same colour. Use the SPOT HEALING brush tool or the CLONE TOOL option to remove these (I wont explain how these work so will let you work it out as it is quite easy to get to grips with or just use google for how these work) Move the original image from the start over the top of the image effect. The original will be a smaller size that the effect image. Use the FREE TRANSFORM option again but this time manipulate the image so it overlays with the image effect below it. Turn down the opacity of the image to see how close you are and then line it up exactly. When you feel it is exact turn the opacity back to full. Next look at the layers panel on the screen on the right hand side with the little thumb nails. Click on the top image and drag it below the image underneath it. Then right click on the new top thumbail and choose CREATE CLIPPING mask. Right click on the top thumbnail agin and click MERGE DOWN. What you should be left with now is a single image of your logo with a stitched/embroidered effect with no background. Click NEW and then make another window using the 150X150 pixels like before. Drag the Stitched image into the smaller window and use the FREE TRANSFORM tool with SHIFT to resize down into the smaller window so it fits in the middle just like when you started in step one. Save image as .png

Sometimes the image does not work exactly as you want it so that is where you can repeat the process using the 200X200 pixel .png to see if it looks better than the first time around. Nine times out of ten you wont need to do this as the 150X150 .png will work.

Finally just a word about images which are only coloured white like the Yankees cap logo. Illustrator will not pick this colour up and when you go through the whole process above you will have just an image with grey/whitish stiching. Save this as a .png and rename it BLANK. This way you can then just use an all white image on top and then use the create clipping mask. Resize it down and mess with the bevel and emboss options to give it a slight edge to see the image better. This is the only way I can make an all white logo look any good like the example shown.

Thats it really and that is probably the easiest way I can explain how to do it. It might sound a bit complicated and daunting to anyone who has only a little/no knowledge of the above software but I self taught myself to make these and can get one done within a couple of minutes now. If someone does have a crack at these and finds an easier way then please share it for others.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Holy Toledo that is a lot of work. They come out looking amazing but I fear I do not have the patience for the many steps involved. Maybe i'll just send you the 1000 or so logos I have saved and you could whip them up for me by the end of the weekend

My older mods-

Old 04-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #19
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

A quick question; how do they show up in game? Do you notice much of a difference?

My older mods-

Old 04-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #20
thecrunchtackle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
A quick question; how do they show up in game? Do you notice much of a difference?
They show up pretty well. Well I think so but I am biased as I make them. In all fairness they look good. Some show better than others. If people like them then they can use them.