Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-24-2016, 04:14 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingxX View Post
Could you speak more in depth on the non obvious new features and AI improvements?
We have improved the trading AI, the depth charts AI, the in-game pinch hitting AI, the in-game defensive ordering AI, in-game pitcher change AI, contract AI etc. Also, statisctical accuracy has been improved in historical simulations.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #22
Arquebus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ah, so torn on this. Might buy it, at least to support development, but I'm 100% sure I will never play it, since I use Splashtop to tunnel into my desktop Mac running OOTP16, and am therefore able to get the full game on my iPad.
Arquebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #23
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The game has updated 2016 rosters and AI improvements. Other than that is does not yet have any obvious new features, however keep in mind the game is already extremely solid and is not really intended to get overblown with features.

We will continue to provide free upgrades throughout the year which will add a couple of new features But for next year we have some massive changes in the pipeline, essentially merging MLB Manager 2017 with OOTP 18, so stay tuned!

Thanks for your support!
Markus

I just bought the new game just to support the company, not sure how much I'll play it... but are you saying that next year we may be able to play our OOTP 18 saves on MLB Manager?

Kind of like the PS4 & Vita versions of The Show? That would be HUGE for me..
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #24
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingxX View Post
Could you speak more in depth on the non obvious new features and AI improvements?
Yes, we need this. It's the tiny annoyances that have been quietly fixed that help make the difference.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:58 AM   #25
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Just to let you know Markus, i just purchased it for my galaxy note 5.
I had MLB 2015 also.
Although i prefer OOTP17, MLB MANAGER 2016 is still awesome.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 03-24-2016 at 08:59 AM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #26
Bsf2434
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the hard work and I'm sure I'll appreciate the AI improvement. I can understand why some are unhappy with the game but remember there is no other game like this out there and it's only 5 dollars. Not to mention it's a pretty solid game too. So lets support these guys and enjoy the game.
Bsf2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #27
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsf2434 View Post
Thanks for the hard work and I'm sure I'll appreciate the AI improvement. I can understand why some are unhappy with the game but remember there is no other game like this out there and it's only 5 dollars. Not to mention it's a pretty solid game too. So lets support these guys and enjoy the game.
I agree and it is only out of a love of the game and the OOTP series that we are hungry for MORE !!

$5 is not a lot to ask for continued support for the mobile platform and continued development.

It would be hard to create any game that would satisfy a real fan's thirst for more and more detail - these games offer so many hours of quality baseball sim it's hard to be dissatisfied.
mwb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #28
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
But for next year we have some massive changes in the pipeline, essentially merging MLB Manager 2017 with OOTP 18, so stay tuned!
OK, fair enough--that's the direction the game needs to go, even if it's in a somewhat streamlined form. (Compare what SI did with Football Manager and Football Manager Touch--essentially a merging that omits some of the features of the PC/Mac product, but gives the tablet user an experience that's pretty close to the full-blown version.)

I'll re-purchase this new version, with a little disappointment, but with hope for next year's edition.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #29
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The game has updated 2016 rosters and AI improvements. Other than that is does not yet have any obvious new features, however keep in mind the game is already extremely solid and is not really intended to get overblown with features.

We will continue to provide free upgrades throughout the year which will add a couple of new features But for next year we have some massive changes in the pipeline, essentially merging MLB Manager 2017 with OOTP 18, so stay tuned!

Thanks for your support!
Markus

Any shot we can get some detail into the couple of new features you are hoping to add to this years version and an overview of the massive changes you are referring to?
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #30
alkeiper
Minors (Single A)

If there's one update I would love to see in a future edition, it's an exhibition/tournament option. I would love to try out different teams/seasons, but it's intimidating to start a 162 game season each time on a mobile device.
alkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:02 PM   #31
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
Even if there is no new features I'm going to buy it because if sales falter then we won't get any new games. Its times like these where we all need to shell out the tiny $5 for this game in order to continue the game so maybe they can focus on it more next year. They seemed to focus a lot on FHM and OOTP 17 last year. Hopefully they redirect their attention to mobile next year
It is not 5 dollars if you play Historical only, I would have to spend 30 dollars to rebuy all the seasons that I already have and therefore there is no reason for anybody who plays historical to buys this years version. I have been a loyal customer since 2003 I have bought every issue of OOTP including this years, I have bought 2 FHM games, inside the park,
even the boxing game, But I just can not support this years MLB Manager
so I will wait until next years new version that Markus said is coming out...
I have no complaints MLB manager from last year will do me fine when I'm on the road....
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #32
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
It is not 5 dollars if you play Historical only, I would have to spend 30 dollars to rebuy all the seasons that I already have and therefore there is no reason for anybody who plays historical to buys this years version. I have been a loyal customer since 2003 I have bought every issue of OOTP including this years, I have bought 2 FHM games, inside the park,
even the boxing game, But I just can not support this years MLB Manager
so I will wait until next years new version that Markus said is coming out...
I have no complaints MLB manager from last year will do me fine when I'm on the road....
You my sir, are 100% incorrect. You do not have to pay for the seasons if you bought them before. There's a pinned post about it.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #33
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No, that is something that we cannot easily do because of some stupid Apple restrictions.
Then at least revert back to the folder system of iOOTP14 so I can import stadiums using a third party app?

I have hi-res stadium images I've been wanting to import for 2 years now, and would gladly share them with the community here, if only there was a way for me to import them into the game.

Has to skip MLB 15 because of this, would really prefer to not skip '16, also.
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespungo View Post
Then at least revert back to the folder system of iOOTP14 so I can import stadiums using a third party app?
Apple does not allow this
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #35
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
We have improved the trading AI, the depth charts AI, the in-game pinch hitting AI, the in-game defensive ordering AI, in-game pitcher change AI, contract AI etc. Also, statisctical accuracy has been improved in historical simulations.
Just as an FYI, which I found a little strange I received 3 trade offers on the same day from the same the same team, each offering me the same player in exchange for one of my relief pitchers and in each offer he was coupled with a second player who was different in each offer. I rejected them all and got 3 more the next day, rejected them and got three more. I had to make the relief pitcher they were after untouchable to stop the offers.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #36
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xepicx2729 View Post
You my sir, are 100% incorrect. You do not have to pay for the seasons if you bought them before. There's a pinned post about it.
I am actually 100 per cent correct because you can not carry over your seasons on android apparently. But if you can i'm on board.

Last edited by bosunmate; 03-25-2016 at 06:15 PM.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #37
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
I am actually 100 per cent correct because you can not carry over your seasons on android apparently. But if you can i'm on board.
Ah, sorry. Thought you were on iOS. Not sure about Android. Have to ask Markus about that.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #38
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Apple does not allow this
Apple doesn't allow you to decide how to arrange your folders?

I just want a system similar to iOOTP14 so I can upload my own stadium images? Are you telling me that is never going to happen?
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:48 AM   #39
Kent814
All Star Reserve

This game ABSOLUTELY need a not interested button because ill try to sim the offseason and then get 20 offers for crappy players that no one wants. Please im begging you, put this in the next update or MLB manger 17
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #40
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
This game ABSOLUTELY need a not interested button because ill try to sim the offseason and then get 20 offers for crappy players that no one wants. Please im begging you, put this in the next update or MLB manger 17

You can disable trading. Not sure if checking do not disturb me but I think it does also.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote