Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
artod4789
Bat Boy

Problems with Depth Charts and Pitchers

Depth Chart Issues:
Where is the Depth Chart located? I can find the area to change the lineups, but not the depth charts.

Pitcher Issues:
I took a new team and drafted several good starting pitchers. I ended up edited one of those starting pitcher to make him a closer. The profile page says that he is a closer. I then go to the pitcher lineup page and I put the closer in the closers role and fill the starting pitching with my other 5 pitchers. But when I get to play a game, it is starting my closer as the starting pitcher.

How do I get my closer to stay in the closers role instead of moving to a staring pitcher?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Depth Chart Issues:
Where is the Depth Chart located? I can find the area to change the lineups, but not the depth charts.

Choose the lineups tab in between games; right next to the lineups are the depth charts. Depth charts cannot be seen while playing a game.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
artod4789
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
Choose the lineups tab in between games; right next to the lineups are the depth charts. Depth charts cannot be seen while playing a game.
Thanks! I did find them, so that's one issue out of the way. Now I just need to figure out why my closer is being seen as a starter instead of the role I want him in.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Is one of your starting pitchers injured or are they all very tired? Your closer might be your best candidate to spot start.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
artod4789
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Is one of your starting pitchers injured or are they all very tired? Your closer might be your best candidate to spot start.
Nope. This is at the very beginning of the first season I'm playing. No games (including spring training) have begun. Basically when I began the game, I took control of my team and did the draft. I had 6 starting pitchers. I then took one of those pitchers and turned him into a closer.

I had the manager (I believe) create the pitching rotation to start out. In that, the manager put my new closer into a starting roll. So I took him and manually put him into the closer roll and put the 5th starter in to fill up my rotation.

I closed it and went back in just to make sure he was still a closer. He was, so I moved onto my first game. And low and behold, who was starting the first game? My closer. No matter how many times I go in and manually push him to the closer roll, he still starts that game. I've had to manually edit my starting line up to not have him pitch every time I play that game.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Under your manager options, are you set to control your pitching staff, or is the AI?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
artod4789
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Under your manager options, are you set to control your pitching staff, or is the AI?
Well, son of a b! That was it. It's always the stupid little things that you miss, isn't it?!? Thanks so much for the help!!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I'm glad that we got this figured out for you. Enjoy the game.
Closed Thread