Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-06-2004, 01:39 AM   #1
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Weird Bug - PLEASE READ

This doesn't happen in every league I run, but when it does, it certainly slows down the sim.

I tend to run a lot of historical replays in God Mode....meaning no teams are under human control. I just enjoy seeing the results of various setups.

Since 6.01, I have had various leagues stop play with pop-up messages that look like the messages that appear when a team is human-controlled or when in manager mode. It usually appears as a bunch of random characters, followed by the question, "Stop sim?" As I said before, all teams are run by the computer, so I shouldn't be getting any pop-ups at all.

Eg: "@(*&())^$>)M *0&^$##75##%%& 3+:&:*&^&&%32%, Stop Sim?"

If I click YES, the game freezes and I have to reboot my computer.

If I click NO, the sim continues, but I get another similar message about 10-15 games later.

Needless to say, I stopped clicking YES....but it has become quite the nuisance.

Has anyone encountered this bug? I'm on 6.03 now, and the bug is still there. I've reinstalled the game a couple times....no change.

Please help.

109 seasons and still running strong!!!

Last edited by metsgeek; 07-06-2004 at 02:00 AM.
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:13 AM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

have never seen it, that is strange

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:41 AM   #3
Henry
Hall of Fame

I doubt it's a game bug only becasue I've done the same - simmed hundresd, maybe thousands of seasons under the same conditions and never saw that.I would have to guess it's something specific about your machine.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #4
Vris
Hall Of Famer

That is quite the thing. I, too, have never seen anything like that. If you find out the cause metsgeek, I would be interested in knowing what it was.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #5
cknox0723
All Star Starter

Pete, I've read of others having similar problems - under your 'sim options', do you have it checked off to stop at all? I know there are no human teams, but if you've got it set to stop for human injuries/e-mails, maybe that's where it's getting crossed up. Let me know if this works at all.

Craig
cknox0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #6
jouiskc
Bat Boy

Same problem..different variation

I to am getting this bug as described only it does not crash the whole game when I click "yes". It is more annoying than anything, but I do know it started only after I installed the latest patch. I will re-check my settings, but does anyone have any other ideas if this doesn't work?
jouiskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #7
jouiskc
Bat Boy

update

Hello again,

The suggestion to check the sim options worked. Even though all of my teams were under computer control, the sim options still were set for notification for human owned teams(injuries etc.) I simply turned all of them to no and it took care of the problem.

Jeff
jouiskc is offline   Reply With Quote