Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Watching a game play out

My suggestion would be, for your own sanity, to never do it. I'm sure lots of people like to watch games play out. Maybe more so in the playoffs to build up the drama. I've found after doing it quite a bit it has almost destroyed my desire to play the game. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game, the process and the kid in the candy store mentality opening packs but watching the game leaves little to be desired with how unrealistic the game play can be. If you just looked at the box scores and or game logs your playing experience will be much more enjoyable. I get game play is likely a back burner fix to things like tournaments and collections but it definitely needs work.

Game play fixes needed:

Balls coming in from the outfield to the cutoff man just outside of the infield with a runner half way to 3rd, no throw to 3rd to try and get him out, then the runner just keeps running and heads home all the while the cutoff man just holds onto the ball. (frequently happens)

Fly balls to the outfield with the outfield overrunning the ball just to have it bounce in front of him. (frequently happens)

Fly balls to the infield with the infielder overrunning the ball just to have it bounce in front of him. (infrequently happens)

Ground balls to the pitcher with the batter just getting out of the box and no throw to first and the batter gets a single. (frequently happens)

A lazy fly ball to the outfield shouldn't have the outfielder stop running and it land well short of the warning track just to watch it bounce next to him, ricochet oddly to the left and go through the wall for a ground rule double. (seen once)

A ball down the left field line into the corner shouldn't have the outfielder going through the left field wall to go find it while the running runs around for a triple. (infrequently happens)

Minor things like cutoff men almost always being out of position. Lollipop throws to the plate from the outfield and runners not advancing. 2nd and 3rd no outsides in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th or later and not walking the next guy to have a force out at the plate.

AI pitching needs to be more realistic. If a starter is up 5-1 in the 8th inning with a fully rested bullpen of perfect, diamond cards available 3L/3R and default pull starter 50% gives up 3 straight hits he should not be hung out to dry to blow the game and give up 6 consecutive hits that late in a game.

If your hook reliever bar is over 2 to the quick side and your right handed closer comes in to save a game, he should not be pulled for a left handed middle reliever to face a right handed batter after getting 1 out then giving up a hit.

Those are the things that come to mind. I'm sure there are more. I'm not sure if these would be considered bugs but things if fixed would make my experience more enjoyable.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
oldcatcher
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: Virginia, USA under a bridge in a van down by the river
The flyballs bounce thing kills me. The first time it happened to me I actually thought "What????" lol.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #3
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

The players aren’t messing up on these kinda things, I think it’s just the game engine running at a mismatched speed to the play sometimes.