Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 01-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Ancona Red Elephants Logo, Jerseys and Caps Needed for EC's Islandian Pro Alliance

Honorable Pawn asked to start off the IPA project, but others are welcome to do it as well.

Ancona Red Elephants
Team Colors: Crimson and Gray

non-shiney logos preferred... home jerseys in white... road jerseys in gray... if you want to get fancy, an alternate jersey is fine, too.

This is the current Ancona Red Elephants logo
Attached Images
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Cornfed
Minors (Single A)

Seriously, you should just make one thread for all your teams instead of multiple.
Cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
Seriously, you should just make one thread for all your teams instead of multiple.
Is this what the Modders prefer?

It would be fine for me... I want to do what is best for them.

Modders: please let me know if you want it all in one thread.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
Cornfed
Minors (Single A)

Pretty sure it is.
Cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Just for your information... a little bit about the town of Ancona.

Ancona Red Elephants

Owner: Golden Hill Insurance Company
President of the Board: Dimitrios Vakros
GM: Nick Yakis
Manager: Manny Mickens

Ancona, a town of 68,000 is situated on the west coast of Valdar Island, on the banks of Valdar Bay in the nation of Ruthlandia. In terms of topography, it is an area of mostly flat land with rocky soil, coupled with occasional stony bluffs and hills. It is a chilly, rainy and foggy climate, especially in the winter. Founded by Greek settlers in the late 1870s, who set up the town as a supply port for whaling and cargo ships. They named the town Ancona, because the harbor was shaped like an elbow. "Ancona" is similar in meaning to the Greek word "ankon" for elbow. Ancona still has a thriving Greek community and they make up about a fourth of the town's residents.

When whaling began to decline around 1910, the town sought other revenue streams. The Ancona Whaling Cooperative expanded into maritime insurance and started the Golden Hill Insurance Company. By the late 1940s it had become the largest insurance company in Ruthlandia. The company motto stated, "Golden Hill For Life".

The company also owns a IPA baseball franchise, the Ancona Red Elephants, who have an interesting history of their own. Originally founded by Jay Loman, an American emigre stock trader during the Roaring '20s. He was an alumnus of the University of Alabama and was a big fan of the Red Elephants athletic teams. So he named his company team the Red Elephants. Loman spent a fortune on his expensive hobby, building a new ballpark and going to the mainland to sign up the best players he could get, illegally paying his "amateurs" exorbitant salaries. Valdar Island was bypassed by many early immigrants because of its inhospitable topography. No one wanted to live there. Big salaries were the only way he could get the best players to come and play in the Valdar Island league. The Ancona Red Elephants were a very dominant team for a decade and were huge fan favorites in the local industrial league. They won the coveted Silver Whale Cup nine years in a row, which is given annually to the Valdar Island League Champion. Like many speculators, Loman lost everything in the Black Monday crash of 1929, including the Red Elephants, who were sold at auction and purchased by the Golden Hill Insurance Company.

Jay Loman Park still stands today and is considered a timeless classic, with its high-arching bleachers in left and right field offering excellent sightlines. Out beyond center field, the immense gold building that houses Golden Hill can be seen, along with some of the old historical buildings of the town, many of which date back to Ancona's whaling days.

The chief food attraction at the stadium is the Catch of the Day Special, a succulent fish and chips meal whose seafood component is never the same thing for two home games in a row. A hot cup of delicious seafood chowder goes good on a chilly Anconan afternoon at Jay Loman Park. Traditional ballpark fare is also available. You will also be entertained by Eddie and Ellie Elephant, the team's mascots. They lead the fans in dances, songs and cheers at each game. You will hear "The Elephant Trumpet" regularly at Elephant games and especially whenever Ancona hits a home run or wins a game.

Ree Ree Ree!
Elephants on parade!
Elephants on parade!

You think you can beat the best
But you're just like the rest
When pachyderm power strikes!
When pachyderm power strikes!

So goodbye ball! (if a homer)
So goodbye (opponent name)! (if a win)
Three cheers for the Elephants!
Three cheers for the Elephants!

Ree! Ree! Ree!

After the game, fans often go to The Mudbath, the unofficial Red Elephants sports bar to talk about the game, knock off a cold brew or two and listen to live music from a local band.

Speaking of local bands, there's a thriving music scene in Ancona and none is more popular than the world-famous Manatees, a best-selling musical group who sings sea chanties and other traditional songs that hearken back to the city's initial whaling days. They, along with the rest of the local groups, are often found playing in the town's equally popular taverns, especially on cold winter nights.

The Ancona Red Elephants GM is Nick Yakis. He has been a player and manager for over 30 years in the Valdar Island League. And keeping everything in the family, Yakis hired his son-in-law, Manny Mickens, as manager. Mickens was a 16-year old phenom in his playing days in the company league. He was a centerfielder who could do it all on the diamond. After retiring as a player, Mickens was quite successful running the baseball program at Ancona University.

Jay Loman Park (1922)

Capacity: 8,899

LF Line 332
LF Line 352
LCF 375
CF 415
RCF 375
RF 352
RF Line 332
Attached Images
Old 01-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
Pretty sure it is.

If several of them want the IPA project all in one thread, it's fine with me.

Hopefully, they will state their preferences. I will go with the majority.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #7
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

I would think one thread to keep it all together. Perhaps a master list of all your franchises (maybe with preferred color schemes in brackets and any other pertinent information), and then we can start picking them off one by one.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
I would think one thread to keep it all together. Perhaps a master list of all your franchises (maybe with preferred color schemes in brackets and any other pertinent information), and then we can start picking them off one by one.
You guys know the process much better than me.

I will use one thread... will post the master list and include the current logos, which will give the team colors.

That way you can pick and choose what you want to do. It will be up to me to keep track of what has been complete... no problem.

I'll let Tuckanarra and Ancona go as single threads, thereafter I'll post all the teams in one thread. I'll send Honorable Pawn and knuckler emails and explain the change.

If you do Ancona or Tuckanarra, post your logos, jerseys and caps in the main "EC Introduction to Modders" thread. That way everything will be there for the interested parties.

Thanks for your opinions. Much appreciated.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-08-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #9
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Assign me about 15-20 teams EC. No preference.
Also any specs like colors, pinstripes, multiple panel caps etc, you will want to minimize the rework and corrections

If you can do that we should be good to go...

Oh and just one more thing, I am doing these on a 55 inch flatscreen so if something is hard to see in game let me know on that too.
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknfire7 View Post
Also any specs like colors, pinstripes, multiple panel caps etc, you will want to minimize the rework and corrections

Oh and just one more thing, I am doing these on a 55 inch flatscreen so if something is hard to see in game let me know on that too.
rocknfire7, I will post a master list of the 64 teams listing pertinent team info in the originial thread entitled "Eugene Church Introduction to New Modders".

It seems that the Modders prefer a project to be in just one thread.

I will include the current team logos and nicknames so you can see the colors.

Team logos should be non-shiny and in a variety of styles... circular, hexagonal and whatever other styles are available... just choose a style that shows up well in the game... that's the bottom line for me and the most important thing... I like simple designs... complex designs might look good in a large size, but when downsized in the game, they don't look so good.

It's your choice on specs like pinstripes, multiple panel caps etc,... just do a variety and spread out the styles... I would like you to use my colors.

I like 1950's-style jerseys and caps... home unis should be white... away unis should be gray... that is primary team colors on white unis for home... and primary team colors on gray for away unis... if you want to make an alternate jersey set of your own choosing, that would be fine, but not in place of the home whites and away grays.

Home jerseys would have team nickname as in "Yankees"... Away jerseys would have team name as in "New York".

I will keep my change requests to a bare minimum... mainly having to do with how visible the logos are in the game.

Please let me know if my requests are too nitpicky. When it takes you a lot of time to make a change, I do not want you to do it... just say "EC, this would take too much time to do." That would be sufficient for me. I have no idea how long it takes you guys to do a logo, cap, and jersey for a team.

You guys are doing me a huge favor in doing this project. I would never want to impose on your kind generosity with time-consuming petty requests.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 AM   #11
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

This thread will be ended. The modders prefer to have just one thread for the whole project.

It will be continued in this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...n-modders.html
Old 01-09-2015, 03:11 AM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknfire7 View Post

Just go to the list in the thread "EC introduction to Modders" and do the ones you want to do...and as many you like.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...n-modders.html

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-09-2015 at 03:13 AM.