Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #141
Loeffle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros33Resurrected View Post
This is my Angels dynasty I had going for a while. Started in San Fran and did good till Barry retired. Ended up with the Angels and managed 7 hall of famers and one guy was in the 500/500 club.
Im sorry to ask, but where can I find such information like "basic skill, special skill" etc.?
Loeffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #142
frogger6
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geiiga View Post
So, how old do the kids have to be before they start showing baseball potential? Ambrose is three, and he's starting to worry me by being more into artsy stuff than the bat and the ball.
Well, I'm not sure. My son was hitting off a tee when he was a little past 1 yrs old. He's 2 now and hitting underhand pitches real good. he also pitches to me (overhand) so I can hit. I think maybe it's a bit ummm.... not normal, but I'm not complaining.
The only thing he really can't do at all is catch the ball, but he loves wearing his glove and we're working on that.
I have a video of him hitting and pitching on break.com...

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=354560
frogger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #143
houheffna
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Maybe you all can tell me:

What if I don't want to GM and I just want to manage? How do I change the settings so that I can do that?
houheffna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #144
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

I am wondering the same thing how do I go about getting into this seemingly Extensive Manager Mode in OOTP 8 I cannot seem to find the button that does it.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #145
Andy
Hall Of Famer

I only manage my team, no GM duties at all. I am not at home, but I believe you go to the Manager Options screen and set all to AI except for setting the Depth Charts and Lineups.

Edit - And Manager Mode as it was in OOTP 6.5 no longer exists, no more getting married and all that stuff.

Last edited by Andy; 03-13-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #146
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Edit - And Manager Mode as it was in OOTP 6.5 no longer exists, no more getting married and all that stuff.
Well I think that should return for OOTP 9,as a completely seperate game mode that you can select on the main menu.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #147
SamP
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Confused

I'm seeing all this jibber jabber about married and children and what not and I get the impression that everyone's getting married as a manager in their game and stuff and I have no idea how to do this. Anyone wanna splain this to me? I seem to understand that it was only in 6.5 (which I didn't have)? I had ootp8, not 2007, if that makes a difference. Also, I would like to do manager only as well, no GM, or at least try it, too. Did anyone find this possible? It would also be kinda corny to still be a GM but set all the GM stuff to AI because then you're still responsible for trades and whatnot even though it's the comp doing it.

On point, I tried to bring the Pitsburg Pirates back to fruition for whatever reason and found that a majorly flawed experiment. Before year 2 I made this major 20-player trade with Arizona (firesale: LaRoche and Freddy Sanchez--couldn't afford them) and thought it would begin the major turn around. So much for that. Year 2 was the final of my tenure with the Pirates. Luckily the Red Sox had fallen out of grace and signed me. Whoever their AI GM had been before me was a nutjob. I came into some crazy rosters.
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #148
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

I don't have a screen shot, but I played the Mariners for 13 years and then went to the Diamondbacks for 10. I won 2 with the Mariners, and 3 with the Diamondbacks. Definitely my best, but I haven't really had a season like that since then.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #149
gollum65
All Star Reserve

In case anyone hasn't noticed, there is a "manager mode" in OOTP9. If you create yourself as an unemployed GM/manager, then check job openings, you'll see all the minor league teams. If you apply as a manager of a minor league team, the parent MLB team controls all the roster moves, trades, etc...
gollum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #150
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

If you want to just manage and not GM, set all the roster options to AI.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #151
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Figured I would try to revive this thread.

This is from my time managing the Royals. I was only doing GM duties.
Attached Images

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #152
Vatechfan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Figured I would try to revive this thread.

This is from my time managing the Royals. I was only doing GM duties.

If i may ask, how did you get your team to win over 100 games so many times? Did you sign a bunch of superstars?
Vatechfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #153
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatechfan View Post
If i may ask, how did you get your team to win over 100 games so many times? Did you sign a bunch of superstars?
Pitching was the biggest reason. I had the same top 3 starters for 15 years, all 3 went to the hall of fame. Most of my salary was tied up in those guys so I was never able to sign the best free agents. My team was always the youngest to because when a star of my team got within one year of free agency.

Pitching to me is the most important position. I will make sure I have pitchers that have great endurance because then I don't have to spend much on relievers. My 3 starters would pitch 275+ innings a year and then my main reliever was my closer.

As far as offense, all I care about is speed and batting avg. My only home run threat is my first baseman. Most of my players, except catcher and first base, avg about 25+ steals a season.

One other thing I made sure to do was make sure I got a manager that also believed in pitching and a speedy offense. If you play with coaches on and want a speedy team then there is no reason to have a coaches that believes in the long ball. A lot of ppl don't put much stock into the manager they choose but I have found it to help out a lot.

Also my scouting budget is set to look for a lot of international prospects and the rest is set to draft. I live and die by my draft mostly. If I have a bad year in the draft then I would be screwed. In 2027 my draft was horrible and it showed in my last 2 years. All my good players had to retire or needed big contracts and I had no one to replace them with because of my 2027 draft.

Anyway this is my strategy for teams that don't make much money. Pitching, speed, and avg is all I need to win most of the time.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #154
rrrozz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I totally agree about pitching.. excellent pitching wins championships, in this game and beyond..
rrrozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #155
conradspride04
Minors (Single A)

My History

Starting with all normal settings, besides drug suspensions and i changed the AI trade difficulty to hard. Coaches and scouts are on as well, all i do is the regular GM duties, I let the coaches do the rest and it has worked out pretty good...
Attached Images

Last edited by conradspride04; 01-16-2011 at 12:07 AM.
conradspride04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #156
dj_morton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradspride04 View Post
Starting with all normal settings, besides drug suspensions and i changed the AI trade difficulty to hard. Coaches and scouts are on as well, all i do is the regular GM duties, I let the coaches do the rest and it has worked out pretty good...
Impressive...I haven't played this game in a couple years. Might have to wipe the dust off.
dj_morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #157
johnsonkid
Bat Boy

I was watching a fictional league develop and decided to start a manager mode. I chose the worst team that would let me manage, and tried my hardest to build for the future. I traded off some way overpriced players for the best prospects in the league, but the owner got impatient and fired me less than two years in. That team went on to win a couple of world series, but the bottom fell out when it was time to resign all their stars.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #158
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Can we somehow revive this thread?
soxfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #159
boblight24
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan34 View Post
Can we somehow revive this thread?
I'll give it a go.

I've been playing OOTP since version 6 and while I've thoroughly enjoyed it all the way to v14, I've never been able to create/play a 'universe' that kept my attention and passion for very long. I've spent the past few weeks reading Orcin's absolutely riveting dynasties and it's inspired me to try something that I've been tinkering with for a while. I think the bread and butter of this game is the immersion into fiction and all the ways that YOU can create a game based on your 'perfect' baseball world. So that's where I started, intitally a 24 team league with AAA, AA, A, and short-season A minors. 2 Leagues, 2 divisions - 162 games, interleague play, and 2 wild cards (4 teams from each league make the post-season). Something I never did, but realized how important it is (for my own selfish semantics) was simulate multiple seasons. This way there is a history, a benchmark. Records that you strive to break, streaks that you attempt to break - it's a whole new dimension.

I also created myself as an 18-year old amateur from high school, 'ready' to make the leap to the pros. I created a below-average to average 2B with good speed, a good eye, and a lot of heart! This was/is going to be part of my backstory when I begin the write-ups. My vision is to go from player to manager to GM in the Show.

For the 20th anniversary of the league I decided it was time for expansion. We went from 2 Divisions in each league to 3 when 4 new teams were added. Denver, Vancouver, Toronto, and Charleston. It was around this time that my 'career' as a player fizzled out and I created myself as a coach.

I was recently hired (to my delight) as the manager of the Vancouver Mounties AA-affiliate Alaska Goldpanners. This will be only the 3rd season in the club's existence and that actually fits into my plan better than if I'd thrown a dart at a board and picked a team at random. I had intially wanted to take over the worst team over X amount of years, but I like the idea of the randomness, hopefully I will be asked to be the GM of the Mounties in the future (at this point I may/may not turn on the 'Cannot Be Fired' option).

For now, I'm a AA-manager. In OOTP there's not much to do as a minor league manager, but I wanted to slow down the speed at which the league was moving thanks to me simming for the sake of creating history. It also gives me a chance to look back at the history of the league, and more importantly get to know some of the players, the owners, and work on in-game strategy without it really 'hurting' me. My goal as AA-manager is to keep the players healthy, give everyone on my roster opportunity to show that their ratings are well-deserved (or not), entertain the fans with some good baseball, and like any level of baseball - play for a championship. The team's GM is in his first year in this position (at any level) and he seems to have an itchy trigger finger because after every game I get a message that X player has been promoted, but I will receive Y player from Single-A. Why indeed?!? Therefore, I won't be writing up individual games since the players move at a high rate of frequency, once I get comfortable with this I will probably start a dynasty (hopefulyl lengthy in duration and high in entertainment) involving my backstory as a player, some tidbits about the league up to this point, and my career as a minor league manager.

Stay tuned....
"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

"Good is not good enough, when better is expected." ~Vin Scully
boblight24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #160
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

My question is, if you start of as being hired by one of the available minor league clubs to manage, will you eventually be offered MLB MANAGER jobs, or just GM jobs still like it is in commish mode?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote