Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
TBirdEvans
Bat Boy

Creating an Online League

How do I get started?

I've already read the manual and I can do everything until I get to the FTP settings and the server settings and I just get terribly confused.

Could someone dumb it down for me?

Thanks!
TBirdEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

There are some videos on you tube that may help you, just search OOTP online or I'll post the links later when I get time.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Hi TBirdEvans,

Have you ever been in an online league yourself? If not, it can be pretty difficult to grasp as a first-time commissioner. However, it's not impossible. Things you need...

1. Webhosting that supports FTP and the ability to create MySQL databases. FTP means "File Transfer Protocol" and is just fancy wording for being able to connect directly to your folders on your account with your webhost. MySQL databases are holding bays where you can upload and store league reports(standings, teams, news, and player pages generated by the game).
2. Once you have hosting that supports the above, you need to create folders for your OOTP stuff, usually /lgreports, /lgfile and /exports. Then create "FTP accounts" to access each one of them. Note all usernames and passwords.
3. Create a MySQL database and a database user that has access to it. Note the user, database name and password.
4. In OOTP's online setup, input all of the FTP accounts and database account info accordingly. The manual may show this with some screenshots.
5. Test all of your connections. If you don't encounter any errors, then you should be good to go.

Anyway, that is just a summary of the technical setup. You should familiarize yourself with the day to day running of an online league by participating in one. That is THE BEST way to learn the ropes.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
TBirdEvans
Bat Boy

Is Zymic a good free webserver?
TBirdEvans is offline   Reply With Quote