Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
greenrebellion
Minors (Triple A)

Player Development affected by Team Performance

If my minor leagues suck, is player development negatively affected. And if so, is this only the case with morale on or is it affected whether morale is on or off?

Tried to search for it but was unsuccessful, apologies if this has been asked a million times before.
greenrebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Qwerty75
All Star Reserve

My take: If Morale is enabled --

bad team record --> poor player morale --> poor player performance --> stagnation in development and/or reduction of potential

If you're seeing a bunch of your prospects on bad minor league teams have poor morale, stats below expected levels, and poor development, I would think there's some kind of causation involved.

Qwerty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

This has always been my worry when using ghost players for my minors. I like to only keep the real prospects that will make my team in my minors and let the rest be filled with ghost players but this will always lead to my minor league teams getting destroyed, and by that i meant i'll see countless no-hitters or 1-2 hitters to shutouts all the time when i use ghost players, so thereby cauing my real minor leaguers to have bad stats. I've always feared that this would just ruin thier devolpment, so i don't know what to do.

I would love to hear a definitive answer to this as it would affect how i would run my minors or even use them at all
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
J P Falcon the 3rd
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
This has always been my worry when using ghost players for my minors. I like to only keep the real prospects that will make my team in my minors and let the rest be filled with ghost players but this will always lead to my minor league teams getting destroyed, and by that i meant i'll see countless no-hitters or 1-2 hitters to shutouts all the time when i use ghost players, so thereby cauing my real minor leaguers to have bad stats. I've always feared that this would just ruin thier devolpment, so i don't know what to do.

I would love to hear a definitive answer to this as it would affect how i would run my minors or even use them at all
I would like to think that having top rated coaches in the minor leagues would help compensate for the team performance issue. If they don't, then why bother using them?
J P Falcon the 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I don't believe that morale has any appreciable affect upon performance. Personally, unless I'm trying to get a player to re-sign with me, I don't worry too much about morale.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
Qwerty75
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
I don't believe that morale has any appreciable affect upon performance. Personally, unless I'm trying to get a player to re-sign with me, I don't worry too much about morale.
I would like to know if this is true. Perhaps an enterprising gamer out there could set up a test.

Qwerty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty75 View Post
I would like to know if this is true. Perhaps an enterprising gamer out there could set up a test.
You're welcome to test it yourself if you'd like, but Markus has said in the past that if it affects performance at all, it's exceedingly slight. I doubt that you'd notice a difference.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote