Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
Lee
Global Moderator

In regards to the commentary thread

I deleted it, as it was just getting out of hand. If a request is not officially logged as I requested the term will remain in the game as I will take it to mean the poster was just trolling.

I am sure nobody has any objections to a fighter being on "dream street" correct?
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #2
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Lee
As long as you don't put about Joe Frazier being a great Hooker in the game. I put this in again just to show how ridiculous it all seems now

One expression i hate to read Lee is -- *Fighter PLODS forward* This sounds ok for a modern overweight clumsy HW, but used say in the case of lighter fighters like Roberto Duran or Packman. It really does look a little out of place my buddy. Even a simple *Duran moving forward again* would sound a little better i feel.
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
I don't think it should be removed because one guy doesn't like it ... maybe a poll if he does log the protest ... I imagine about 85% would vote to leave it in.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I deleted it, as it was just getting out of hand. If a request is not officially logged as I requested the term will remain in the game as I will take it to mean the poster was just trolling.

I am sure nobody has any objections to a fighter being on "dream street" correct?
I like "boulevard of broken dreams" better and I can't remember who I stole the expression from.

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
bear
Global Moderator

The Oxford English Dictionary has, world-wide acceptence, as the arbitor that establishes the usage and meaning of words in the English Language. They sited this term itself as having a very specific meaning with a history that is two centuries old. The term has a tradition and also still has current usage. It is not an antiquated term. Nor does the term have any socially unacceptable conotations. That an individual or two, may think that the term has some other meaning will not change or dictate it accepted usage linguistically. A significant number of people "using" the term differntly will. That is why dated quotations are provided. For example, when I was a young adult "impact" was not a verb. Enough people used it as such to establish this.

I'd be billing to introduce those who do not understand this with each of the twenty large heavy volumes of the OED, one by one, but the end result would likely be pugilstic dementia from the repeated whaps to the head.

bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Ric915
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
I like "boulevard of broken dreams" better and I can't remember who I stole the expression from.
I know this is a Green Day Song. Maybe that's were you heard it?
Ric915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
I don't think it should be removed because one guy doesn't like it ... maybe a poll if he does log the protest ... I imagine about 85% would vote to leave it in.
I wish people would treat OT like a brief place to hang out after discussing the games on the site rather than a GRAND HAVEN FOR POLITICAL DISCUSSION ROAR. I also hope that this is only a 90 day vacation. mh was one of those guys whose political views I mostly ignored because I respected what he had to say about the boxing game. Now we won't be able to talk boxing with the guy for at least 3 months...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

Yeah,I avoid the urge to talk politics as it got me into a pretty heated debate on here some time ago. Although when I see little snide remarks that irk me...it is hard not to respond..LOL.. Anyway,lets just stick to boxing or the game and thats it. Plenty of political forums out there for people to rant away in. As for leaving it in or out..doesnt matter in the least to me. I dont think it was intended as the guy thought but I also dont see the harm in replacing it either. Really doesnt matter to me. Well,thats enough of that. Peace fellas.

Coach of Left Jab Inc (You have to be great to be consistently mediocre)

Title Bout devotee since 79

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
FDR
lethal liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal liberal View Post
Yeah,I avoid the urge to talk politics as it got me into a pretty heated debate on here some time ago. Although when I see little snide remarks that irk me...it is hard not to respond..LOL.. Anyway,lets just stick to boxing or the game and thats it. Plenty of political forums out there for people to rant away in. As for leaving it in or out..doesnt matter in the least to me. I dont think it was intended as the guy thought but I also dont see the harm in replacing it either. Really doesnt matter to me. Well,thats enough of that. Peace fellas.
I actually teach courses related to politics, and I hate to discuss the topic outside of the classroom. Whenever I'm at a social gathering, I avoid any discussion of politics whenever I can. Why? All you do is raise the heat in the room and create bad feelings. Now I'm very big on the First Amendment and the exchange of ideas. But there's a time and a place. There is a universe of political blogs for that sort of thing. I agree with you, let's just stick with boxing and TBCB---we can have enough battles on those topics without injecting politics into the mix.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #10
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Agree 110% with you.
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
rockmedic109
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Something I noticed and I think it came with the newest patch.

Isn't Hindurance supposed to be spelled Hindrance?
rockmedic109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #12
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmedic109 View Post
Something I noticed and I think it came with the newest patch.

Isn't Hindurance supposed to be spelled Hindrance?
This is definitely an insult to Hindus and needs to be addressed.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
David Ball
Minors (Triple A)

Am I the only one whose old card set used to have Jack Sharkey's name misspelled? For twenty years or more now, whenever I see his name anywhere I always think "Jark Sharkey."
David Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #14
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ball View Post
Am I the only one whose old card set used to have Jack Sharkey's name misspelled? For twenty years or more now, whenever I see his name anywhere I always think "Jark Sharkey."
And how can we forget 'Tong Sibson' or an 'international head but'
Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #15
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
In Sweden a head butt is known as a "danish skull" (word for word). That actually is somewhat international.
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #16
hamed

Quote:
Yes I recall Tong - sounds like someone Jean Claude would fight in one of his movies.
hamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #17
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

One quick thing... Abe Goldstein under the referee section was probably meant to be - RUBY Goldstein.

Abe, Mad Bomber, pointed out recently, was a boxer who may have refereed a handful of bouts (at the most). Ruby, on the other hand, was the third man in the ring for many well-known match-ups.
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #18
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ball View Post
Quote:

Mavin Hagler . . can't forget Mavin!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #19
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey-Jim View Post
One quick thing... Abe Goldstein under the referee section was probably meant to be - RUBY Goldstein.

Abe, Mad Bomber, pointed out recently, was a boxer who may have refereed a handful of bouts (at the most). Ruby, on the other hand, was the third man in the ring for many well-known match-ups.
This was corrected for 2.5 by someone on the beta team who appointed themselves the Minister of Minutiae . . . . . Hey, someone had to do it
Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #20
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed View Post
Yes I recall Tong - sounds like someone Jean Claude would fight in one of his movies.

I love the avatar. Smokinnnnnn....
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote