Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #21
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Sporr, I'll retest the "money left for contract extensions" calculations reset concern over the next few days and post that in the tech forum with more details.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #22
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Missed this one earlier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
There used to be an option that could be checked to allow or disallow teams making their own releases, but I can't remember off hand if that's still in there or not.
I looked & there is not a checkbox for that option in v2007. That means the game won't prevent online league owners from releasing players, so if a league has rules about this their commish will have to enforce them manually after importing the other owners roster files each sim.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #23
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
I believe there used to be an OOTP financial engine limitation/feature that prevented teams from going below -$10 million in cash after the "proceed to next year", basically a cash loss cap. Any idea if that is still in the game, and if so, whether that has bearing on this conversation? If the game artificially limits the amount of money a team can lose in a year with a loss cap wouldn't that be a financial engine loophole?
I had forgotten about the negative cash cap as well, and I think you're right that it was $10MM. Most of the leagues I've ever been in were awash with cash, so it never got to that point, but you're right that it is an exploitable loophole. If an owner signs a player to a bad contract and is floating at break even from a cash standpoint, he could potentially turn what should be a $50MM hit (or more) into only a $10MM hit.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #24
battists
Hall Of Famer

Moving this over to the logged issues forum.

Let us know if you find anything else!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #25
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This was claimed fixed in the first patch and verified by the beta testers (though the fix was to put the cap at -$25M instead). If you continue to have trouble with this issue, please contact a moderator to reopen this thread.
Closed Thread