Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Broad Street is back

Hello I'm PhillyBoy19 and I decided to purchase Franchise Hockey Manager 2 since it was on sale for $20 and I have decided to rebuild the Flyers. My goal is to build a very stout defensive team with solid goalie play.

The Flyers right now are middling team in the NHL who need a few upgrades. While they probably could make a playoff run they would not go far, because their forward depth is weak, and the defense is extremely lacking. I plan to build around Brayden Schenn Claude Giroux, Jacob Vorachek Wayne Simmons and Sean Couturier. Those will be my 5 mainstays with Mason probably joining them. I also signed Mike Richards because he was a free agent, and he brings back good memories. Also he adds to our depth, which as I've already pointed out is lacking. I like to build through the draft and prospects, as some of you may know if you've read my Phillies thread. I believe this may be challenging because I know practically nothing bout hockey and the East has some very good teams like the Lightning and Rangers which will be tough to overcome.

Thank you all and I hope to start this soon.

Last edited by phillyboy19; 11-30-2015 at 10:38 PM.
phillyboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

10/8/15 Opening Night 2015-16 Season

Tonight the Flyers open up their season against the Tampa Bay Lightning, a top contender in the league. We have a solid offensive attack led by Giroux and Vorachek. Our defense will be one of the worst units in the league because we don't really have that Zdeno Chara type guy who is just an in your face dominant defender.
Name:  Flyers 2015-16 lines.png
Views: 317
Size:  36.1 KB

My prediction for the season is a 6th or worse playoff spot, but I would't be at all surprised if we missed the playoffs all together. We have a good offense and a top goalie, but I think our defense will be the Achilles heal of the team.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

this should be fun. It will be interesting to see how the rivalry with my beloved Sabres goes with your replay.

Funny....I signed Mike Richards in my first season with the Sabres (my dynasty is "saving the sabres"....and he mostly worked on the 4th line. Only lasted the one year, lol.

Looking forward to this.

p.s. I signed Luke Schenn as a free agent when his contract with the Flyers was up and he's been a very solid member of my clubs defense ever since.

Last edited by Rasmuth; 12-01-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
this should be fun. It will be interesting to see how the rivalry with my beloved Sabres goes with your replay.

Funny....I signed Mike Richards in my first season with the Sabres (my dynasty is "saving the sabres"....and he mostly worked on the 4th line. Only lasted the one year, lol.

Looking forward to this.

p.s. I signed Luke Schenn as a free agent when his contract with the Flyers was up and he's been a very solid member of my clubs defense ever since.
Yeah I just read through your Sabres dynasty earlier today, I actually wanna acquire some of those peices now XD. I was shopping around Schenn but he did solid for you so I might keep him around this year, although I might tank if I'm out of it at the break.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

2 Minor Signings

Name:  Janis Jaks.png
Views: 311
Size:  231.1 KB

Jaks is a solid young defenseman who could be a solid contributor in the future.

Name:  Marcus Power.png
Views: 234
Size:  225.5 KB

We see Power as a solid depth guy, as he will never be a start, but will still be a very good player.

Last edited by phillyboy19; 12-01-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #6
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Trade 10/11/15

Name:  Tampa Trade.png
Views: 240
Size:  8.3 KB

We made this trade mainly because we needed to cut a lot of cap, and he's a good young defender with upside. With that move being made, we sent down Petr Straka to get more playing time in the NHL and called up veteran winger Colin McDonald to the roster, although he'll be scratched most of the time. The reason I did that because I'd rather have a 31 yer old who wont get better not ever playing than a 23 year old with up side sitting on the bench not playing. Our new lines will be as shown.
Name:  2015-16 Lines 10,11,15.png
Views: 251
Size:  40.1 KB

Last edited by phillyboy19; 12-01-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #7
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

You guys have any advice

Hello people, I'm not a huge hockey fan, as I really just watch the Flyers and I've never played FHM before, so I 1. Don't know mamy of the top prospects and 2. Don't know who progresses well. So I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could recommend me some guys. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #8
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Update

*I also posted this to my OOTP 16 dynasty*

I have decided to change up how I do my dynasty's. In the summer I was able to just post it as I go, because I had as much time as I wanted. Now I don't so this is my plan to post regularly, I'll play when I get to chance and post everything to my google drive. I will then alternate between posting to my FHM2 and this. For the next few weeks it will probably be mainly FHM2, because I just got that but I'll still post OOTP. Thanks, bye.