Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #101
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
I'm not sure when Memorial Day and Independence Day started being observed on either Friday or Monday when those holidays fell on a weekend - I think some states started doing that in the 1930s.
From what I recall of the holidays for the major leagues, when Memorial or Independence Day fell on Sunday the Monday was the holiday; Saturdays were left as Saturdays. That means, if those holidays fell on Sunday, there'd typically be doubleheaders both Sunday and Monday.

Since Labor Day is keyed to a day of the week, it's fairly easy to get a schedule to have that holiday fall properly. (Minor league schedules, for example, are often arranged so that they close on the Labor Day holiday.)

Memorial Day was on May 30th of each year through 1970; starting in 1971 it was moved to the last Monday in May. Note that clubs in Boston also got the Patriot's Day holiday as well (April 19th of each year through 1968; the third Monday of April from 1969 onwards). Schedules that lasted longer saw clubs get the Columbus Day holiday (Oct. 12th of each year through 1970; second Monday in October from 1971 onward).

For those wanting to see what the calendar is for any given year, Google the term 'perpetual calendar'. (I have somewhere a printed version of a perpetual calendar that I got years ago.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #102
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Note that clubs in Boston also got the Patriot's Day holiday as well (April 19th of each year through 1968; the third Monday of April from 1969 onwards). Schedules that lasted longer saw clubs get the Columbus Day holiday (Oct. 12th of each year through 1970; second Monday in October from 1971 onward).
I've noted state holidays and Canadian national holidays for each schedule where appropriate. For instance, the PCL, for a long time, observed California Admission Day (September 9) by scheduling double-headers for that date, just as it scheduled double-headers for each of the other summer holidays. Southern states, especially pre-1941, often observed Confederate Memorial Day rather than Decoration Day, or else observed both. It's easy enough to factor in those holidays, since they fall on specific dates. Dominion Day/Canada Day, for instance, is always three days before Independence Day.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #103
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The last time I made a catalog of what I have available (which was many years ago) I had a total of 1,261 minor league schedule files in either paper, scan, or PDF form. (308 of those had been turned into either text or Excel files capable of being converted into OOTP's schedule format with a bit of work.)

I've added probably several hundred more minor league schedules to the collection since then. I've never sat down to update the catalog as it would probably take several hours to do...

Incidentally, some years back I went through all the online issues of The Sporting News and made a list of every minor league schedule I could find printed in it, noting the league, season, TSN edition date and page number. I can post that list if anyone's interested.
With historical minors becoming available and my silly tendency to want the real schedules, I'd like to see anything you have.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #104
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1957 PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE

Teams:

Hollywood Stars
Los Angeles Angels
Portland Beavers
Sacramento Solons
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Seals
Seattle Rainiers
Vancouver Mounties

Schedule Characteristics:

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G168_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="168" start_month="4" start_day="11" start_day_of_week="5"

Each team plays 168 games. Teams play each other either 21, 24, or 27 times during the season.

Season starts on April 11 and ends on September 15. Double-headers on Sundays and holidays - Victoria Day (5/20 - Canada), Memorial Day (5/30), Dominion Day (7/1 - Canada), Independence Day (7/4), Labor Day (9/2) and California Admission Day (9/10 - California). Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday and holiday double-header games start at noon and 3:00. Single game at Vancouver on British Columbia Day (8/5 - Canada) starts at 1:00. Weekday double-header games start at 5:00 and 8:00.

This is the last schedule for the "old" Pacific Coast League, before the Dodgers and Giants moved to the West Coast in 1958. It is also very likely the last 168-game schedule for a minor league. The AA and the IL both played 168-game seasons in the 1910s and '20s, but by the 1950s the PCL was the only league left that played such a lengthy schedule.

As in previous PCL seasons, the typical series features single games Tue-Sat and double-headers on Sundays and holidays. The schedule maker, however, evidently goofed by giving Vancouver home games on Memorial Day and July 4 and by scheduling a double-header in Seattle on California Admission Day. The league's all-star game was set for July 2.

Attachment 429497
Why 1957 vs 1956 when Oakland moved to Vancouver?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #105
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Why did I make the 1957 PCL schedule rather than the 1956 schedule? I don't know. Maybe because I felt like it.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #106
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why did I make the 1957 PCL schedule rather than the 1956 schedule? I don't know. Maybe because I felt like it.

You tell'em Joe...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:16 AM   #107
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Not in OOTP-compatible format, but the attached files do contain the originally published schedule for the PCL's 1956 season, as well as the revised schedule that unfolded during the season when the law preventing Sunday games in Vancouver was withdrawn.

Everyone is free to use that data contained in the files and use it for an OOTP-appropriate version schedule file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1956 PCL schedule original.txt (5.7 KB, 115 views)
File Type: txt 1956 PCL schedule revised.txt (5.8 KB, 139 views)
Old 03-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #108
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1937 COASTAL PLAIN LEAGUE

Teams:

Ayden Aces
Goldsboro Goldbugs
Greenville Greenies
Kinston Eagles
New Bern Bears
Snow Hill Billies
Tarboro Serpents
Williamston Martins

All teams located in North Carolina

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G100_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="100" start_month="5" start_day="6" start_day_of_week="5"

Each team plays 100 games. Teams play each other either 14 or 16 times.

Season starts on May 6 and ends on August 26. Tuesday-Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday games start at 1:00. Split home-and-home double-headers on July 5 start at 10:00 and 3:00. Split home-and-home double-headers on August 26 start at 1:00 and 7:00. No games on Mondays.

Published schedule (Sporting News 5/6/1937) has Kinston playing at Snow Hill on May 19. That should be May 29. The schedule does not indicate which teams hosted which games in the August 26 split double-headers, so I guessed.

Coastal Plain League 1937.lsdl
Old 03-18-2016, 08:53 AM   #109
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1942 VIRGINIA LEAGUE

Teams:

Lynchburg Senators
Newport News Builders
Petersburg Rebels
Pulaski Counts
Salem-Roanoke Friends
Staunton Presidents

All teams located in Virginia (of course)

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G130_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="130" start_month="5" start_day="1" start_day_of_week="6"

Each team plays 130 games. Teams play each other 24, 26, or 28 times. Teams play from 63 to 67 home games.

Season starts on May 1 and ends on September 7 (Labor Day). Weekday games start at 7:00. Weekend games start at 1:00. Holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00, except for split home-and-home double-headers between Lynchburg and Salem-Roanoke and between Petersburg and Pulaski, which start at 1:00 and 7:00. July 7-8 break in schedule likely intended for all-star game. No other off-days in the schedule.

Virginia League 1942.lsdl
Old 03-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #110
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Schedule

Quote:
1942 VIRGINIA LEAGUE

Teams:

Lynchburg Senators
Newport News Builders
Petersburg Rebels
Pulaski Counts
Salem-Roanoke Friends
Staunton Presidents

All teams located in Virginia (of course)

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G130_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="130" start_month="5" start_day="1" start_day_of_week="6"

Each team plays 130 games. Teams play each other 24, 26, or 28 times. Teams play from 63 to 67 home games.

Season starts on May 1 and ends on September 7 (Labor Day). Weekday games start at 7:00. Weekend games start at 1:00. Holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00, except for split home-and-home double-headers between Lynchburg and Salem-Roanoke and between Petersburg and Pulaski, which start at 1:00 and 7:00. July 7-8 break in schedule likely intended for all-star game. No other off-days in the schedule.

Attachment 442508
Is there a master file we can download? If so which file do you put the master file into in the game? Or is it in add ons central?
Thank you in advance
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #111
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Is there a master file we can download? If so which file do you put the master file into in the game? Or is it in add ons central?
Thank you in advance
No master file yet. I'll probably do that sometime, considering that people seem to be more interested in these schedules now that OOTP17 has historical minors. For now, you'll have to download each schedule file in this thread separately.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #112
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
people seem to be more interested in these schedules now that OOTP17 has historical minors..
That may be the understatement of the week.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #113
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Schedules

Quote:
No master file yet. I'll probably do that sometime, considering that people seem to be more interested in these schedules now that OOTP17 has historical minors. For now, you'll have to download each schedule file in this thread separately.
Thank you, one more stupid question, when I download a schedule which file do I put them in in 17?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #114
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you, one more stupid question, when I download a schedule which file do I put them in in 17?
Do you mean which folder do you put them in? Schedules actually don't have to be in any particular folder unless you want them to load automatically, and these schedules can't do that. For convenience, though, you might want to put them in the same folder along with all of the other OOTP schedules.

After downloading a schedule, you can import it into OOTP by going to League Settings/Edit league schedule/Available actions/import from file.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #115
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The last time I made a catalog of what I have available (which was many years ago) I had a total of 1,261 minor league schedule files in either paper, scan, or PDF form. (308 of those had been turned into either text or Excel files capable of being converted into OOTP's schedule format with a bit of work.)

I've added probably several hundred more minor league schedules to the collection since then. I've never sat down to update the catalog as it would probably take several hours to do...

Incidentally, some years back I went through all the online issues of The Sporting News and made a list of every minor league schedule I could find printed in it, noting the league, season, TSN edition date and page number. I can post that list if anyone's interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
With historical minors becoming available and my silly tendency to want the real schedules, I'd like to see anything you have.
Remind me of this with a forum thread or PM or something every so often. I've got other things on my plate at the moment, but if I keep getting reminders, it will at some point spur me to clear out a day or two and attend to it.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #116
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Do you mean which folder do you put them in? Schedules actually don't have to be in any particular folder unless you want them to load automatically, and these schedules can't do that. For convenience, though, you might want to put them in the same folder along with all of the other OOTP schedules.

After downloading a schedule, you can import it into OOTP by going to League Settings/Edit league schedule/Available actions/import from file.
Thank you sorry to be a pain eventually I will figure it out. Do you know, if I start a historical league are the actual schedules included in the game database?

Last edited by JaBurns; 03-18-2016 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 03-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #117
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do know if I start a historical league are the actual schedules included in the database?
Only for the major leagues and for minors after 2004.

Last edited by joefromchicago; 03-18-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #118
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Only for the major leagues and for minors after 2004.
Thank you again. I will look for your schedules to load as I start progressing with my historical league (starting in 1921).
Old 03-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #119
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1938 PIEDMONT LEAGUE

Teams:

Asheville (NC) Tourists
Charlotte (NC) Hornets
Durham (NC) Bulls
Norfolk (VA) Tars
Portsmouth (VA) Cubs
Richmond (VA) Colts
Rocky Mount (NC) Red Sox
Winston-Salem (NC) Twins

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G142_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="142" start_month="4" start_day="21" start_day_of_week="5"

Teams play either 140 or 142 games. Teams play each other 70 or 71 times. Teams play from 69 to 71 home games.

Season starts on April 21 and ends on September 7. Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday and holiday games start at 1:00. Split home-and-home holiday double-headers between Norfolk and Portsmouth begin at 10:00 and 3:00. No off-days.

Norfolk and Portsmouth play two double-headers against each other (the only double-headers on the schedule), so they are the only teams that play 142 games. The rest of the teams play 140 games (10h/10a), although Asheville plays only nine games at Charlotte instead of ten.

Piedmont League 1938.lsdl

Since this schedule is so easily converted into a standard 140-game schedule, I went ahead and made this modified schedule that eliminates the Portsmouth-Norfolk double-headers and moves the May 19 Asheville-Charlotte game to Charlotte.

Piedmont League 1938 (mod).lsdl

EDIT: I figured if this schedule could be easily modified for a 140-game season, it could just as easily be modified for a 142-game season. That meant scheduling double-headers for all teams on May 30 and July 4 and switching the opening-day Richmond-Durham game to Richmond. Each team in this schedule plays 142 games, split evenly home-and-away.

Piedmont League 1938 (mod2).lsdl

Last edited by joefromchicago; 03-20-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #120
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1955 INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

Teams:

Buffalo (NY) Bisons
Columbus (OH) Jets
Havana (Cuba) Sugar Kings
Montreal (QC) Royals
Richmond (VA) Virginians
Rochester (NY) Red Wings
Syracuse (NY) Chiefs
Toronto (ON) Maple Leafs

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G154_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="154" start_month="4" start_day="19" start_day_of_week="3"

Each team plays 154 games. Teams play each other 22 times.

Season starts on April 19 and ends on September 5. Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday and holiday games start at 1:00. Weekday double-headers start at 6:00 and 9:00. Sunday and holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00. Holidays include: May 23 - Victoria Day (Canada); May 30 - Decoration Day (US); June 24 - St. Jean Baptiste Day (Quebec); July 1 - Dominion Day (Canada); July 4 - Independence Day (US); August 1 - Civic Holiday (Canada); September 5 - Labor Day (US & Canada).

The International League became tri-national with the addition of Havana in 1954. The schedule makers, however, evidently weren't notified that May 20 was a national holiday in Cuba - that's a travel day for the Sugar Kings.

International League 1955.lsdl