Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 12-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #361
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
Thank you for answering i will wait patiently for your announce, and then i will see what i will do. I like what I've seen already of FHM 2015.
And to finish about what i don't like in FHM 2014, well i 'm not interested in Historical play or Custom play, i just want a enjoyable normal NHL game with realistic trade/Waiver system, and other basics that for me didn't work as it should . We will see if the new match engine will change my mind !
Can you go into a bit more detail about the bold part?
Old 12-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #362
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Well sorry i think i didn't make myself clear, the trade system is working but i feel that i don't get what i should through trading, sometimes my players are underrated, and sometimes they are overrated. At least it was when i last played, which was a long while ago. The AI never offered me trade pics either for instance. As for the waiver system, I'm just referring to what I've red here and there, nothing that I've experienced myself.
What i mean in fact is that the basics were not polished enough for me to enjoy the game. I guess that if i was more interested in Historical/Custom play i would have enjoyed it more, who knows. The new match engine might change that for me, i hope so anyway.
I'm not giving up yet on FHM series
Old 12-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #363
Renegade11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a force trade option yet?
Renegade11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:12 AM   #364
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade11 View Post
Is there a force trade option yet?
Commissioner mode
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 AM   #365
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Commissioner mode
It is only in FHM 2015.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #366
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It is only in FHM 2015.
What do you exactly mean? AFAIK in FHM 2014 with commissioner mode you can edit players...
Old 12-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #367
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
What do you exactly mean? AFAIK in FHM 2014 with commissioner mode you can edit players...
Yes but the OP asked for a "Force Trade Option" and that one exists only in FHM 2015.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #368
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes but the OP asked for a "Force Trade Option" and that one exists only in FHM 2015.
I see. Well, at the end of the day with the "Commissioner Mode" you can achieve a very similar result.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #369
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

the waiver system is not right....I can attest to that. At one point...right before beginning a season...Detroit waived like 7 players...all stars or starters...

I picked up Gustav Nyquist...I mean who wouldn't...but I felt guilt, like I was taking advantage of the game.

The game waives players that would never be waived in real life. This issue has got me not playing the game, waiting for the update...hoping it will be fixed.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #370
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
the waiver system is not right....I can attest to that. At one point...right before beginning a season...Detroit waived like 7 players...all stars or starters...

I picked up Gustav Nyquist...I mean who wouldn't...but I felt guilt, like I was taking advantage of the game.

The game waives players that would never be waived in real life. This issue has got me not playing the game, waiting for the update...hoping it will be fixed.
The game will do this to your own team as well, regardless of what settings you have for "AI" assistants.

For me this is a deal-breaker! If I have told the game NOT to make roster changes then it should bloody well NOT make any.
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #371
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the team run into salary cap problems, I saw that during testing especially with up to date start roster. The Waiver system works good, just in extreme situations a team might waive player it would normally not waive.

It would help greatly if we get saves with such situation to look into it.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #372
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
The game will do this to your own team as well, regardless of what settings you have for "AI" assistants.

For me this is a deal-breaker! If I have told the game NOT to make roster changes then it should bloody well NOT make any.
It is the first time I hear about it. Do you have a save with such a situation you could upload?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #373
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It is the first time I hear about it. Do you have a save with such a situation you could upload?
No I don't, I haven't played the game since the last update because of this "bug".

It's mentioned several times in this forum so I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it before.

Here's one such post http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3662477

Last edited by IvanIvanovich; 12-20-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added link
Old 12-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #374
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
No I don't, I haven't played the game since the last update because of this "bug".

It's mentioned several times in this forum so I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it before.
It was not brought to my attention. I will ask Malte about it as soon as possible as this is something that of course should never happen.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #375
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It was not brought to my attention. I will ask Malte about it as soon as possible as this is something that of course should never happen.
The post I linked to talks about it happening after trades. For me it happened every single new season on 1st of July.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #376
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
The post I linked to talks about it happening after trades. For me it happened every single new season on 1st of July.
I double-checked with Malte and he said it is impossible that the moves are made for you with "CPU Roster Management" disabled.

Do you have a save on June 30th that you can upload or can you make a screenshot from your game with that happening so we can investigate deeper?
Old 12-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #377
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, did the AI-controlled teams pick up any of the other stars who had been waived? In real life, if players of that quality were somehow waived the waiver wire would be burning up with claims. Did that happen in the game or were these players allowed to slide on by? Were other teams also waiving quality players to free up cap space or was this isolated to one or two teams?
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #378
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Just out of curiousity, did the AI-controlled teams pick up any of the other stars who had been waived? In real life, if players of that quality were somehow waived the waiver wire would be burning up with claims. Did that happen in the game or were these players allowed to slide on by? Were other teams also waiving quality players to free up cap space or was this isolated to one or two teams?
I'm pretty sure the user used the "up to date" roster as it has some teams with bad salary cap problems (they have player at the start of the season that they got mid-season in reality -> salary cap problems). The only way for them to resolve this problems is to waive player. FHM 2015 will not have updated roster anymore so this problem will go away from alone. Or someone gives me an idea how to handle this problem in the future.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #379
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I double-checked with Malte and he said it is impossible that the moves are made for you with "CPU Roster Management" disabled.

Do you have a save on June 30th that you can upload or can you make a screenshot from your game with that happening so we can investigate deeper?
Well, then Malte is wrong!

I just opened a saved game and simmed from the 26 of June to the 1st of July and the AI waivered 2 of my players (Tim Erixon and Richard Panik). Both of them on 4-5 year contract and 24 years old.

The only things set to "Assistants" are tactics, training and scouting. EVERYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with rosters are set to ME.

I'll work on a screen-grab for you.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by IvanIvanovich; 12-21-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #380
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Well, then Malte is wrong!

I just opened a saved game and simmed from the 26 of June to the 1st of July and the AI waivered 2 of my players (Tim Erixon and Richard Panik). Both of them on 4-5 year contract and 24 years old.

The only things set to "Assistants" are tactics, training and scouting. EVERYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with rosters are set to ME.

I'll work on a screen-grab for you.
The save would be even greater!