Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-19-2018, 05:46 AM   #801
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
Just advanced to 1970 in my league and Keller appears for the first time. I think the image in the game looks great, especially the baseball card version. I for one would love to see facegens for any of the minor leaguers of the early to mid-70s you came find workable TCMA cards for.
The minor league sets did not really take off for many teams until later in the 70's. 74 ha one team, 75-76 just a few. 1977 had many more sets issued and with images. Even with bad images or small in sme cases I am able to get a facegen though. The 1980 Mike Barnes was selected in this demo to demonstrates all that I need to get a facegen created - most of tcma's images have larger headshots that work very well. The only feature that did not transfer well were the eyes - the brows, head shape, mouth, nose and chin came out very good. I was almost going to put a set of eyes on this photo for the facegen from another player's card. I do a bit of manipulation on some images to get a good facegen. Look closely at the Michael call image on the previous page. The original image had the sun bleaching out about half his face - my solution was simple. I copied the image twice, mirrored one and created a new image blending the two face halves together. From the phot itself it is not noticeable now, but if you look closely you will see the face is too perfect, both sidesare identical (no ones face has to perfectly equal halves(.

Here is an example of what I can get, this images was first placed on a 54x81 jpg. Is the facegen perfect - no, but it does get the players main features well. When reduced to in game sizes the facegen looks good even though the photo was grainey. I did not use the 180x270 phot9 for the facegen - I used a much smaller image. The 180x270 are used by me to evaluate the facegen output with the player's features and shapes.

Sorry that there is just not enough there for the earlier years and very few images found with google searches.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg mike barnes.fg (5.7 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 08-19-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #802
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
No Sitting Around the House

Once again, BR Bullpen furnishes a fairly-comprehensive biography of Bryan House. Theirs is a little dry, however, so I'll throw in a quick summary:

Originally from Lockport IL (where he might have been watched by a young Dave Wrona), House was the Cubs' 9th-round pick in 1984, out of Illinois State. Speedy, he stole at least 30 bases in all six of his full pro seasons, and had at least a 2-1 success rate in every year but 1987. (The BR sketch talks about his being in the leaders in caught stealing, but that's just volume; Rickey Henderson was caught a record 41 times in 1982, when he stole the 130, after all.)

He was good at getting on base, although it took him time to adjust to his level. He posted a .394 in his second A-ball season (1986) and .398 in his second crack at AA in 1988. His major problem seems to have been defense.

Not that he wasn't good at defense, just where he was playing. You see, House was a second baseman, and the Cubs already had one of those. Wore #23, in the Hall of Fame, etc. So they toyed with the idea of moving him to the outfield, playing him in RF for half the season in 1987 and 1989 and in CF for most of the year in 1988. (The AI in my game has made a CF of him, also.) After all, given his speed, he should have caught lots of fly balls, right?

Except that…he didn't. Never an outfield Range Factor over 2. I don't know if he had trouble picking up the ball off of the bat or if he was only fast for the 90 feet between 1B and 2B and not so much for the longer distances in the outer garden or what. In frustration, the Cubs traded him to Texas after 1989 for Rey Sanchez (whom I never knew might once have become a Texas Rey-nger), but when House failed to develop in his second year at AAA as he had with his second tours at A and AA, the Rangers cleaned House, cutting the 28-year old from Oklahoma City.

Still, he had a career .360 OBP, was a very good base stealer and a skilled middle infielder. Seems as though some big league team could have found him a home…

Name:  Bryan House.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  18.5 KB
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #803
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Bryan House

Bryan House -
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg house-001bry.fg (6.9 KB, 78 views)
Old 08-20-2018, 03:01 PM   #804
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I would like to thank Amazin69 for helping me stay active on my facegen creation library. We have reached the milestone of 50 facegens created since I started doing these. Congrats Amazin69 - "If you will request them, they will come" I have truly enjoyed doing this for you.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #805
Orioles123
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I would like to thank Amazin69 for helping me stay active on my facegen creation library. We have reached the milestone of 50 facegens created since I started doing these. Congrats Amazin69 - "If you will request them, they will come" I have truly enjoyed doing this for you.

How you make a facegen can I use blender its a 3d modeling program etc...
Orioles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #806
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles123 View Post
How you make a facegen can I use blender its a 3d modeling program etc...
I don't think blender will work, you would need to use either the facegen modeller or facegen artist programs Modeller has a few more options but is $299 and Artist is a bargain at $49 (but does not have an option to output jpg or bmp images of your facegen). They have demo programs, but they place a wordmark on the image. If you plan on doing a lot of facegens or plan on doing them for a long period of time I highly recommend Modeller (even with 2 years useage that only comes out to about 40 cents a day.)

James
Old 08-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #807
Orioles123
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I don't think blender will work, you would need to use either the facegen modeller or facegen artist programs Modeller has a few more options but is $299 and Artist is a bargain at $49 (but does not have an option to output jpg or bmp images of your facegen). They have demo programs, but they place a wordmark on the image. If you plan on doing a lot of facegens or plan on doing them for a long period of time I highly recommend Modeller (even with 2 years useage that only comes out to about 40 cents a day.)

James
How would it work and the link please?

Last edited by Orioles123; 08-20-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Orioles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #808
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
I am finding many players on the old TMCA sets with shading issues. I have gone back to 1974 and I am looking at doing the PCL set for the 1974 issue and find the images not so perfect - but workable.

This player was really never good - having one year (1974) in AAA with the Dodgers organization with the remaining years of his career in A ball other than a short stint at AA. I found it interesting only because I find a lot of TCMA cards with this shading issue and if the facegens are acceptable I feel I can do some interesting team sets from the 1974-into the 1990's when TCMA covered minor league baseball with their sets.

I would like any opinions if the following facegen is acceptable, due to the shading. At first I hated it but then when I looked at it in game it just looked like his cap was keeping the sun from his eyes and I kind of liked the look. I worked on this image to make sure that all facial features are seen so that the facegen accurately looked like the player.

Opinions please appreciated.

James
I spent way too much time yesterday looking up how to cure the shadow problem. It does come up way too often.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #809
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if the quality is good enough for a facegen of this guy but Don Olexio became a star pitcher on several World Series winning teams in my current historical league.

In real life Donald Hugo Olexio pitched just 2 seasons of minor league ball. He was 9-4 for the 1950 Butler Tigers of the Mid-Atlantic League and followed that up by going 5-3 in 17 appearances for the Durham Bulls of the Carolina League the following season. From there he would vanish from professional baseball. The image of Olexio comes from a team picture of the 1950 Butler club where his last name is mis-identified as Olexic.

In my replay he has had a much better career, finishing with a 122-70 career record for Detroit while going 2-1 in 5 post-season starts.
Attached Images
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #810
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
Not sure if the quality is good enough for a facegen of this guy but Don Olexio became a star pitcher on several World Series winning teams in my current historical league.

In real life Donald Hugo Olexio pitched just 2 seasons of minor league ball. He was 9-4 for the 1950 Butler Tigers of the Mid-Atlantic League and followed that up by going 5-3 in 17 appearances for the Durham Bulls of the Carolina League the following season. From there he would vanish from professional baseball. The image of Olexio comes from a team picture of the 1950 Butler club where his last name is mis-identified as Olexic.

In my replay he has had a much better career, finishing with a 122-70 career record for Detroit while going 2-1 in 5 post-season starts.
I am not surprised that he did well within the OOTP environment. He appeared to be above average at a young age and maintained that level in OOTP. I am now curious as to why he did not pursue more of a professional career.

I think this turned out well. I did have an issue with one eye with the cross-hair of facegen never quite getting it right, after 4 attempts I decided that this was the best I can do. I have uploaded the facegen file as well as the facegen output and a 180x270 image for those that like photos.... enjoy

James
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg olexio001don.fg (8.7 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 08-26-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #811
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Could you please do Sharnol Adriana?
Attached Images
Image Image 
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #812
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Could you please do Sharnol Adriana?
This guy was fun to do. He was good player, who got to play for a long time. Played because he obviously loves the game - not for the fame. Love hearing about these players, because it is hard just to go through the reference files and find these guys. Well here he is - I used the second photo because I could get more of his facial features in the facegen - I may use him some where in one of my leagues, altering the fg to skew him younger and having an actual history of him in my league..
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg adrian001sha.fg (9.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #813
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Thanks outlaw. I started a league back in 2015 that i play every game as the Yankees. Im now in 2020. I've added missing minor and foreign league stats to create accuracy. Adriana had a really nice LMB career, top 20 career stats for most offensive categories. Two other players who were stars in the LMB i dont have facegens for are Roberto Mendez and Willie Romero. If you could find time to do them, i would really appreciate it.
Attached Images
Image Image 
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:01 AM   #814
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Thanks outlaw. I started a league back in 2015 that i play every game as the Yankees. Im now in 2020. I've added missing minor and foreign league stats to create accuracy. Adriana had a really nice LMB career, top 20 career stats for most offensive categories. Two other players who were stars in the LMB i dont have facegens for are Roberto Mendez and Willie Romero. If you could find time to do them, i would really appreciate it.
I happen to be up fooling with facegen and saw your request, so I gave them a shot. You might want to post their correct ID's if you think these are acceptable.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg Roberto Mendez.fg (8.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: fg Willie Romero.fg (7.7 KB, 68 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #815
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Mendez/Romero

I think the facegens reflect the images on the photos very well. Romero looks great in game at the smaller size - great job. I did make changes for my own collection on Mendez. I do not criticize any ones work and will say that the image does look like the source. For my use the image appeared too red in game and I made one for myself. My goal was to soften the colors a bit so that the image looks good in game, and I also wanted to see the facial details without the redness. I edited the source image a bit and redone the facegen. I hope no one minds that I post it here. In game the Mendez image looks pretty good and the teeth are more visible. I did have to make on concession - Mendez probalby has a darker skin tone than my version., It was difficult to balance the tone with the redness and still get the features I was hoping to get.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg mendez002rob.fg (6.8 KB, 70 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #816
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this one has been done, I've looked and have not found anything. Wondering if you're willing to give it a shot.

Tim Tebow

He may be older and a long shot to ever do anything in the Majors but at least he's hitting at a respectable level at AA.

Have been previewing your FaceGens and they are very well done.
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:33 PM   #817
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodoMojo View Post
Not sure if this one has been done, I've looked and have not found anything. Wondering if you're willing to give it a shot.

Tim Tebow

He may be older and a long shot to ever do anything in the Majors but at least he's hitting at a respectable level at AA.

Have been previewing your FaceGens and they are very well done.
I had these two in my files - looks like they are from your image posted. I did not create either of these.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg tebow-000tim (2).fg (8.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: fg tebow-000tim.fg (23.9 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 09-05-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #818
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

My Tebow...

Did a Tewbow from the image posted - I like it - a more mature looking Tebow. Also it was only 6.7 kb.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg tebow-000tim.fg (6.8 KB, 66 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 10:53 PM   #819
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

A smiling Tebow in a Mets uni

This image looks photoshopped but I want to put it out here anyway - added it to my Mets database.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg tebow-000tim (2).fg (6.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #820
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Did a Tewbow from the image posted - I like it - a more mature looking Tebow. Also it was only 6.7 kb.
This one is perfect. Appreciate you taking the time to do it.

The others you found (while good) were just a tad too high on the template...yours is perfectly placed and looks the most realistic.

Thanks!
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote