Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Free Agents vanishng

ok this is a little odd and maybe someone can help. I am in the 50-51 season and am at the Free Agency part of the season, actually at the 2nd of July and there is a limited amount of free agents.

The problem is, there is a lot more, they are just not showing up. Any ideas as to why?

Doug Harvey didn;t want a contract and went to FA. He was not listed with the Free Agents part of the list but when I searched for him, he was listed as a FA so I signed him back. Then I started looking for other free agents that have left my team and they are not listed with that part of the list either. Any reason why I cannot view them as Free Agents? I left a lot of guys to go there and was hoping to make a few big moves but I can't find anyone.

If anyone can help, please message me or leave it here. I was enjoying that league and wanted to get as far as I could but I am kind of stuck right now.

Thanks in advance!
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Welcome to the world before free agency. The players that are out of contract are still owned by their former teams. If you go team by team and check the protected list they should be there. Unless a team explicitly releases the player they are never able to sign with other teams. To the best of my knowledge this accurately reflects the NHL from that era. To work around this you can go into commissioner mode and change the rights for each player to make them actual free agents.
CalgaryCannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
Welcome to the world before free agency. The players that are out of contract are still owned by their former teams. If you go team by team and check the protected list they should be there. Unless a team explicitly releases the player they are never able to sign with other teams. To the best of my knowledge this accurately reflects the NHL from that era. To work around this you can go into commissioner mode and change the rights for each player to make them actual free agents.
I posted this problem in the bugs forum. If you are correct, and I have no reason to doubt you, they will have to modify the game to let free agency work in the pre-free-agency years. It should work just as the baseball game does. You can't have players who won't resign and then they just sit there in the never-never land of the protected list.

If you don't want free agency, that's fine. If you want it, you have to make the game work with it.

Your logic for the reason is sound however there is no logic in what they are doing now. And of course I will retract that statement if this is just a stop-gap measure on the way to perfection. Okay, not perfection but a pretty good game.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
If this is the case however, where exactly did the players go to? they are not listed with me, they are not under the free agency so that is the major issue.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
If this is the case however, where exactly did the players go to? they are not listed with me, they are not under the free agency so that is the major issue.
Well, at least I managed to find them. They are listed as Unsigned Prospects or whatever that is and that's where they are.