Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 07-01-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Coiler's Created Combatants

So after much fun with Title Bout 2.5, I've decided to start making and sharing my own "eccentric" combatants. These will include fictional characters and non-boxers.

First up is a what-if hypothetical, a real mixed martial artist who I did in the style of bear's Chuck Drazenovich/Doug Harvey fighter conversions. I give you Felicia "Feenom" Spencer, who I gave high defensive numbers based on her ability to go the distance against stronger opponents (Nunes/Cyborg).

I know boxing and MMA are apples and oranges and that the MMA fighter rankings here would be too good compared to really plopping them in a ring, but this is just for fun. However, my MMA conversions will err on the side of lower control factors (to symbolize being used to a different sport), a tendency to fight inside (grappling instinct lol) and lower endurance (used to a sport with a shorter max fight length).

I got a 6 for Spencer, which suits her status as a fringe contender in an admittedly very shallow division. Enjoy!
Coiler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #2
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Felicia Spencer B-6.

(OUTDATED: SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED RATINGS)
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Spencer_Felicia.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Coiler12; 07-02-2021 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #3
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Good stuff Coiler, I look forward to these!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:09 AM   #4
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

So, here I have an update to my previous post and two new boxers.

-Felicia Spencer has been updated to make her cuts rating more realistic, which in turn knocked her overall rating down to 5.

-Justin Gaethje, another strike-heavy MMA fighter, has been added. I used my MMA Guidelines but was more generous with the stats. He's a walking tank at JMW (the closest to his actual UFC weight class) and a lesser but still capable boxer at MW.

-And my first goofy novelty fighter, one of the most infamous basketbrawlers of all time. I made Bill Laimbeer of Bad Boy Pistons infamy, used the general athlete guideline of "hitting power isn't so bad because of their strength, everything else is", took into account that most basketball fights are clumsy slapfests, and generally didn't take it too seriously. While not an absolute dud, he's still a deserved 0.

Felicia Spencer WW Either 5
Justin Gaethje JMW/MW Either 9/6
Bill Laimbeer HW Slugger 0
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Gaethje_Justin.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Laimbeer_Bill.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Spencer_Felicia.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 07-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #5
boshran
Bat Boy

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiler12 View Post
So after much fun with Title Gloves Bout 2.5, I've decided to start making and sharing my own "eccentric" combatants. These will include fictional characters and non-boxers.

First up is a what-if hypothetical, a real mixed martial artist who I did in the style of bear's Chuck Drazenovich/Doug Harvey fighter conversions. I give you Felicia "Feenom" Spencer, who I gave high defensive numbers based on her ability to go the distance against stronger opponents (Nunes/Cyborg).

I know boxing and MMA are apples and oranges and that the MMA fighter rankings here would be too good compared to really plopping them in a ring, but this is just for fun. However, my MMA conversions will err on the side of lower control factors (to symbolize being used to a different sport), a tendency to fight inside (grappling instinct lol) and lower endurance (used to a sport with a shorter max fight length).

I got a 6 for Spencer, which suits her status as a fringe contender in an admittedly very shallow division. Enjoy!
Absolutely. I really enjoyed those moments..
boshran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #6
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
So, here I have an update to my previous post and two new boxers.

-Felicia Spencer has been updated to make her cuts rating more realistic, which in turn knocked her overall rating down to 5.

-Justin Gaethje, another strike-heavy MMA fighter, has been added. I used my MMA Guidelines but was more generous with the stats. He's a walking tank at JMW (the closest to his actual UFC weight class) and a lesser but still capable boxer at MW.

-And my first goofy novelty fighter, one of the most infamous basketbrawlers of all time. I made Bill Laimbeer of Bad Boy Pistons infamy, used the general athlete guideline of "hitting power isn't so bad because of their strength, everything else is", took into account that most basketball fights are clumsy slapfests, and generally didn't take it too seriously. While not an absolute dud, he's still a deserved 0.

Felicia Spencer WW Either 5
Justin Gaethje JMW/MW Either 9/6
Bill Laimbeer HW Slugger 0

LOL - Bill!
Old 07-02-2021, 08:33 PM   #7
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
LOL - Bill!
Yep. I had a lot of fun making him.

Now for another women's MMA fighter, Amanda "Lioness" Nunes herself. I erred on the high side for her stats, and it was both fun and interesting to test her against an actual opponent-Spencer, who she fought in June 2020.

(And it worked! Nunes almost always won, but had few KOs, which matches her actual lopsided decision win in that bout.)

Amanda Nunes WW Either 12
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Nunes_Amanda.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-03-2021, 09:08 AM   #8
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Time to take a trip to Baltimore, because I have some characters from The Wire.

There's two genuinely boxing-linked characters. Past amateur boxer and early-season antagonist Avon Barksdale and ex-enforcer-turned-gym-owner Dennis "Cutty" Wise.

I've also added another fun what-if where I have Chris Partlow, Marlo Stanfield's head enforcer (and not technically a boxer in the show), as a high-ranked middleweight. Wanted to make him as dangerous in the ring as he was out of it.

Avon Barksdale LW Boxer 0
Dennis "Cutty" Wise LHW Slugger 2
Chris Partlow MW Boxer 8
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Barksdale_Avon.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Wise_Dennis.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Partlow_Chris.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-03-2021, 10:51 PM   #9
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

These are awesome Coiler. Thank you for posting them
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #10
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Another female UFC fighter.

Konklak "Loma Lookboonmee" Suphisara (the file uses her birth name) FLY Slugger 6.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Suphisara_Konklak.tbdx3 (1.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #11
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Now for two very out-there fighters from an old strategy RPG I love. From Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, I have antagonists Lloyd and Linus Reed. As befits his swordmaster class in-game, Lloyd is an agile boxer, while the more direct Linus is a brutal slugger in the upper weight classes.

Linus Reed LHW/CW/HW Slugger 10/9/7

Lloyd Reed WW Boxer 7
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Reed_Lloyd.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Reed_Linus.tbdx3 (2.1 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Coiler12; 07-08-2021 at 03:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:11 PM   #12
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Another goofy non-boxer (kind of-he was an amateur Golden Gloves boxer). New York Mets third baseman and 1986 World Series MVP Ray Knight, whose fighting abilities Eric Davis learned about the hard way.

Ray Knight CW Slugger 1.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Knight_Ray.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-07-2021, 03:05 PM   #13
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Now for one of the greatest mixed martial artists ever-with a skillset that doesn't lend itself the best to standup boxing. I give you the legendary Khabib Nurmagomedov. This was also a lot of fun to make.

Khabib Nurmagomedov JMW/MW Boxer 5/3
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Nurmagomedov_Khabib.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #14
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now for one of the greatest mixed martial artists ever-with a skillset that doesn't lend itself the best to standup boxing. I give you the legendary Khabib Nurmagomedov. This was also a lot of fun to make.

Khabib Nurmagomedov JMW/MW Boxer 5/3

Nice, this guy might get a title shot in my uni!

BTW, I used your Bill Laimbeer, he got a title shot against Steve Helenuis (my WBO HW champ) & Bill was dropped & then knocked out in the 2nd round.

Many wondered how/why Bill got a title shot?
Old 07-07-2021, 05:57 PM   #15
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Glad to see you're enjoying and using my boxers.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:06 AM   #16
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Glad to see you're enjoying and using my boxers.
yes thanks again!
Old 07-08-2021, 02:53 AM   #17
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

So I decided to make another athlete with a legendary arm-who wasn't a boxer. I give you: Roberto Clemente. Boxer Roberto Clemente is an agile glass cannon.

Roberto Clemente LHW Boxer 1
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Clemente_Roberto.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #18
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

After reading that Doc Louis, the corner-man in Punch Out, was a heavyweight champion in his day, I made stats for him as a pugilist.

(Also I manually made corner-man stats for him as a trainer: Both, Discipline 7, Motivate 10, Strategy 8, Reduce Swelling 7, Close Cuts 10, Training Offense 7, Training Defense 7, Training Average 7)

Jerome "Doc" Louis HW Either 10
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Louis_Jerome.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Coiler12; 07-09-2021 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #19
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

I turn a beat-em-up enemy into a boxer with Graham Oriber, one of the big fat enemies in the old Final Fight video game. He has some strength and purely physical durability, but not much else.

Graham Oriber HW Slugger 2.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Oriber_Graham.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 44 views)
Old 07-10-2021, 06:54 AM   #20
Coiler12
Minors (Triple A)

Two more fighters from an obscure video game, in this case the "infamous" Violence Fight. The game supposedly takes place in the 1950s (despite numerous anachronisms) and features the following deep (and well-translated! ) story:

"In the early part of the 1950's in the USA, a game called "Violence Fight" was in vogue among mafia, reckless drivers and general businessmen. The "Violence Fight" was the game to struggle for "No. 1 Quareller" with fighters who were gathered from all parts of the USA speaking boastingly of their strength. And of course a lot of winning money as well as the honor were given to the "winner". Here in a downtown in L.A., a young fighter "Bat" and his manager "Blinks" seek for the winning money eagerly. As a matter of fact, can Bad take the no. 1 place of the USA?"

Stats for the two bosses/antagonists of the game, portly Texan Ron Max and Mr. T knockoff Tony Won.

Ron Max HW Slugger 5
Tony Won HW Slugger 8
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Won_Tony.tbdx3 (1.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: tbdx3 Max_Ron.tbdx3 (1.7 KB, 46 views)