Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
HipolitoPichardo
Minors (Single A)

Historical Player Development

Question concerning historical leagues. If I import 1995 for example, I get ratings that reflect 1995 performances. However, when the league advances to 1996, I notice that the '95 ratings stay the same for veteran players.

Is there any setting or other means by which I can get player's ratings to change year-by-year to reflect real-life performance while progressing in the same league and not having to create a new file and import 1996 players?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
HipolitoPichardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Nope, once players are imported the game becomes a simulation and players will develop/improve/decline depending on the game engine without any correalation to historical results.

FTB: andymac
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
HipolitoPichardo
Minors (Single A)

Oh, too bad. When creating a historical league, would you recommend I set the "Talent Ratings based on" setting to Whole Career or Remaining Career to better reflect real yearly production? I'm rather unclear on how these talent rating changes affect veteran performance moving forward.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipolitoPichardo
Oh, too bad. When creating a historical league, would you recommend I set the "Talent Ratings based on" setting to Whole Career or Remaining Career to better reflect real yearly production? I'm rather unclear on how these talent rating changes affect veteran performance moving forward.

For veterans, if you go by "entire career" it will set their talent to their peak. Basically, this will give them a small chance of "re-finding" their lost abilities although it is still unlikely that they will. If you choose "remaining career" it will set their talent ratings using only what the player did after the year they were imported. I don't think it really matters all that much which one you choose, just depends on what you are looking for.

FTB: andymac
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
HipolitoPichardo
Minors (Single A)

Ok, great, thanks for the help!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
jm47048
All Star Starter

I think if you want something a little more realisitc go with "remaining career." But if you are looking for say a fantasy draft league (which I know you are not but it is interesting) you would go with "whole career." I mean, in this way, you would import Ruth '27, Maris '61, etc. Again, it depends on what you are looking for.
jm47048 is offline   Reply With Quote