Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Josh Gibson/Using the Lahman DB

Using the Lahman DB for a historical sim, will Josh Gibson and other negro league players be available when the time comes?
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Using the Lahman DB for a historical sim, will Josh Gibson and other negro league players be available when the time comes?
They appear when they made their MLB debut I think.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

He never made a Major League debut, which concerns me.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

I think you'll have to use a 3rd party database from the mods forum to get the Negro Leaguers.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Kelric.

Will I be able to change databases in the middle of a league or will I have to start all over again?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

I think most everybody would suggest starting all over again.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

I went ahead and made a new league in the year it states Gibson should enter the majors using Gambo's DB. He's not in the amateur draft! I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I extracted everything that was in the .rar into the stats folder.

Help!?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Look in Free Agents, he might be there.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Look in Free Agents, he might be there.
I just did a search for him. He's not popping up anywhere in 1933.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
I went ahead and made a new league in the year it states Gibson should enter the majors using Gambo's DB. He's not in the amateur draft! I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I extracted everything that was in the .rar into the stats folder.

Help!?
Hmm...sounds like you extracted everything into the OOTP Baseball 10/Stats folder??

Unfortunately, not what you wanted to do. That stats folder is part of the regular database that came with the game. If you said 'Yes to all' when asked to copy over files within that folder, you copied over and lost the original Lahman info. However, if that's what you did, then Gibson should be showing up - so maybe you didn't.

The correct process is this:
Create a new folder somewhere on your computer and call it Gambo or whatever you like.
Go into the OOTP Baseball 10 and find the stats folder and Copy and Paste the entire contents into your new Gambo folder.

Now open the new folder you downloaded, and select and drag them all into the Gambo folder. It will then ask if you want to copy over files, say yes. Make sure you select and drag them in, don't copy and paste them.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar25 View Post
Hmm...sounds like you extracted everything into the OOTP Baseball 10/Stats folder??

Unfortunately, not what you wanted to do. That stats folder is part of the regular database that came with the game. If you said 'Yes to all' when asked to copy over files within that folder, you copied over and lost the original Lahman info. However, if that's what you did, then Gibson should be showing up - so maybe you didn't.

The correct process is this:
Create a new folder somewhere on your computer and call it Gambo or whatever you like.
Go into the OOTP Baseball 10 and find the stats folder and Copy and Paste the entire contents into your new Gambo folder.

Now open the new folder you downloaded, and select and drag them all into the Gambo folder. It will then ask if you want to copy over files, say yes. Make sure you select and drag them in, don't copy and paste them.
Good thing I made a back up of the stats folder, huh?

I'm trying what you said to do now... I got my fingers crossed.

It's still not working. I can't even find Gibson in the .csv files. If you, or anybody else, has a datebase I can use to import him, that'd be great.

Last edited by Storm; 06-08-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Good thing I made a back up of the stats folder, huh?

I'm trying what you said to do now... I got my fingers crossed.

It's still not working. I can't even find Gibson in the .csv files. If you, or anybody else, has a datebase I can use to import him, that'd be great.

go into your new database folder and DELETE the historical_database.ODB file. Then you should be good.

Also, make sure you have neutralized stats selected, that's a must or the ratings come in goofy.

Last edited by pbar25; 06-09-2009 at 02:44 PM.
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote