Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Is this a forum for N00bs or for long-timers? Guys, post your comments in other threads. I think you are taking advantage of Markus being available to answer questions in this forum.
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #22
Hellion9
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by statmeister
If this works the way I think it does, where the hard drive will not be accessed by OOTP except when opening and closing your league, isn't there a danger of losing data should the computer crash, or suffer a power outage and the league/universe file is not closed properly. Your file would not be corrupted, but any game play that took place would be lost.

Markus mentioned auto-safe options. Will the program periodically update the files while game play is going on?

-SM
The hard-drive is accessed pretty regularly in the FM system - the bulk of the processing is performed in RAM but the entire database may well require disk accesses during updates. The save game is only updated explicitly. You are right on, however, that any power interruption means losing everything you've done from opening the savegame up to the point your computer shut down. I have had (stupidly on my part, to be sure) five or six hours of play lost because I got too involved to save.

I'm assuming that the game will also feture the FM option of performing automatic monthly backups, rolling saves and the like, which can minimize any loss incurred due to an interruption.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #23
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic
Is this a forum for N00bs or for long-timers? Guys, post your comments in other threads. I think you are taking advantage of Markus being available to answer questions in this forum.
I think long-timers are welcomed here, to answer questions. Also, I don't see where you take that Markus is available to answer comments.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #24
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiterFanatic
They are related to the first question. No reason start a new thread when there is already one on the topic.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #25
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

no problems... more power to you all if you get a response. It is just that when Markus responded to the first post, then all the long-time posters jumped in to ask him follow up questions. I was just following the spirit of Marc's post that this forum was for lurkers and n00bs and the other forum (OOTP General Discussions) was for the Rest of Us. Sorry, not trying to be a traffic cop or anything. Just commenting
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote