Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #1
bogieman
Minors (Double A)

Trounament Round Robin Tie Breaker

Could someone please explain the tie breaker to me. 3 teams were tied with 4 win in the Daily Double RR tournament, one of them my team. we split with each other and swept the fourth team. My team, Mankato Cougars, did not move forward.

Looking at the scores I had the 2nd best run differential against the other 2 teams as well as overall. It looks like it picked alphabetically.
Attached Images
Image Image 
bogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Man, you lost by 1 run, man. And possibly an M if you're right. Pfft. Sorry.

There ain't enough info here man, for me to tell you what else it may have been. Maybe someone else can help.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:41 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Team names have been the tie breaker elsewhere, so this would at least be consistent...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:35 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like it's currently only taking the last matchups between teams as the tiebreaker. So in your case, that's annoying since your big win vs Humboldt gets thrown out since you played them again after.

Doesn't feel like that should be the tiebreaker, though, so we'll think about this going forward.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

To me a 16 man RR should be playing all 8 teams in your half with the top 4 playing the top 4 from the other half in another round robin (with playoff games to break ties). Turning it into a do-or-die after 3 games seems kind of ridiculous.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote