Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:07 AM   #1
Cowscrazy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cool Promotion Erases team record

I'm doing a Promotion / Relegation League

I've got 4 leagues moving up and down. Its great. I'm happy with it.

One problem though. When I do the Promotion or Relegation at end of the year it will erase the teams record. So when I look back on a teams history it will say they were 0-0 that year.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit upset to lose that stat so I can't see in future why they were promoted or relegated
Cowscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowscrazy View Post

One problem though. When I do the Promotion or Relegation at end of the year it will erase the teams record. So when I look back on a teams history it will say they were 0-0 that year.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit upset to lose that stat so I can't see in future why they were promoted or relegated
I think if you check team history, it will still show the record that your team had that warranted the promotion or regulation.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
HuachucaThunder
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowscrazy View Post

I think the problem with this would be since the team is essentially switching leagues, everything would be converted to the new league and the AI would think it is a NEW team and the history (team record and such) would reset in the league the team moved to
HuachucaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:04 AM   #4
Cowscrazy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That is exactly the problem... so how do I avoid it?

When I look back at records its nice to see they were promoted but what recorded did they have to earn that? If its erased to 0-0 that just sucks. There must be a way to fix this
Cowscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
ChromEagle
Minors (Triple A)

I think promoting the teams when the preseason starts kind of fixes it, because when it’s preseason all the records are reset to 0-0. I also have a fictional pro rel league but I promote the teams before free agent filing so the newly promoted teams can have more money to sign better players.

Last edited by ChromEagle; 01-07-2018 at 02:47 PM.
ChromEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:03 AM   #6
Bloodshot Blue
Bat Boy

I had this working with the league history showing their place and record before pro/reg. So i'm in the same boat with the new teams at zero.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
Bloodshot Blue
Bat Boy

Solution: Wait until after the awards are given out at the very top tier league (the other leagues playoffs should be over by the end of the top tier's regular season) to do a manual Promotion/Relegation as comish. They will show blank records all off season until the preseason; then fix themselves with the proper records and positions BEFORE everyone moved. Worked for me.

Last edited by Bloodshot Blue; 10-17-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Bloodshot Blue is offline   Reply With Quote