Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #61
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
No interest at all here.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #62
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Not sure if it was mentioned because i didn't read all the posts but bringing in the ITP mode into OOTP18 or later versions would be welcomed kind of like Road to the Show on MLB the Show. That would bring a new bread of people who only like the idea of playing as 1 player.
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #63
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Make ITP a stand alone and have it link with OOTP, like it was always meant to be. I think an RPG programmer would have to be on board though.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:10 PM   #64
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

I still play ITP when i get sick of Road to the Show. Love that game.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #65
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Online is something I would never use.

I've tried a couple of online leagues with other text sims and from that experience I would think that for OOTP, as others have stated, the only practical use would probably be for playoffs and maybe then only the World Series.

Card packs? No.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #66
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

None of the proposals interest me.... I just play solo leagues.

I always buy the new version just to support Markus... new features are not important to me... fix bugs that are in the game... that would please me... refine and perfect the game as it is.

I want Markus to include features that enhance his income so that one day he will be able to produce good 3D animation, where I can just watch my games unfold, like I was at the ballpark.
That's my ultimate dream.

Just give me the options to turn unwanted features off.

All the following are petty requests and petty gripes:

For OOTP18, I wish he would fix all of the scoring errors (RBIs and earned runs)... giving a player a double when a single brings in the winning run from third... this must not be an easy fix.

The scoring errors are minor irritations in a great game... but after 17 versions most of them should have been fixed by now.

I hope it has been fixed in OOTP17... I don't have an All-Star Game as I have just one 8-team league... but in the past I cringed every time the game would say, "The All-Stars are ahead 7-5"... which All-Stars?... there are two All-Star teams playing... like National League All-Stars and American League All-Stars.

Refer to the managers' name in the PBP... or in game recaps... or in news stories.

Markus, you really need to work on the game recaps... they are poorly constructed and are way too repetitious... the player and manager comments are clichéd and a little silly, too... they would be better left out of the game recaps... fortunately, I write my own recaps.

If you need help with expanding the number of recaps variations, I would be glad to help you.

One last comment: OOTP17 is really, really great!

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-06-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #67
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Okay, maybe a FUT draft mode would work.
*cough, cough* Thoughts?

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:44 AM   #68
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
I still play ITP when i get sick of Road to the Show. Love that game.
How do you download the full version for free?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:23 AM   #69
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Okay, maybe a FUT draft mode would work.
I don't even know what FUT means
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:05 AM   #70
CMH
Hall Of Famer

Would OOTP Developments be able to host a library of teams and players that users would have access to when playing in option 1?

This way there is no editing. The rosters come from the Internet. And since a reliable network connection would be required, any concerns about data or connection drops should be similar to the requirements to play head to head.

Of course this ignores what activity could do to that server. Might be a cost. But I admittedly don't know a lot about that.

Regarding option 3. Anyone that says people don't buy Madden for a card game is delusional, or me from three years ago when I refused to accept it.

Well, I've now seen the direction of video games. 2K and The Show have now entered the realm. They understand that this is how gamers game now. It's the most used feature in these games.

Can a text sim attract that sort of crowd? Real tough. Has OOTP Dev received enough requests for such a feature?

How would OOTP go about advertising this? It's hard enough to get gamers to give text sims a shot. So you'll probably still need to sell them on the style of game because given the option to play with players or sim players, we all know the majority of gamers are going with the joy sticks.

I think it would be a very interesting venture. It would either be extremely rewarding for the company and game, or a huge waste of resources if the card gamers ignore it for the flashy graphics.

Maybe as 2d models continue to improve and the pawns can start animating like shaded baseball figurines or something, there would be broader appeal.

Hard to say right now.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #71
byzeil
All Star Starter

I probably wouldn't use any of these personally but I'd imagine there would be some that use item 1.

I play almost exclusively in online leagues and I know of some people that would use option 2 but that wouldn't be me. I'm not crazy about even using it for playoffs or WS. I think it would change the dynamics of the games from what got teams to the playoffs (the AI managing the games as opposed to a human managing them) and I think there should be consistency throughout the whole season including the playoffs.

Last edited by byzeil; 10-06-2016 at 09:37 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #72
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I don't even know what FUT means
Fifa Ultimate Team has a mode where you can draft "cards" into a complete team. Then you play against other users who are online in a "tournament", but the matchup system would go like this: people with 0 wins play each other, people with 1 win play each other, and so on, until a player reaches 4 wins. There are no actual groupings for a tournament, the server connects people who have X wins and want to play. The drafting style is a little odd, but you can search for people drafting their teams on YouTube. You would need historical players as well as present players.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #73
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Ha, finally we might get Head-to-Head which was featured in a version many years ago and was scrapped after game release. Yes, I do remember about that.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #74
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

YES a new ITP would be amazing.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #75
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
YES a new ITP would be amazing.
Definitely. Time to start learning C++ & Python I guess.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #76
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
How do you download the full version for free?
I still had my license number and was able to download the game and set it up again.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #77
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I'm not in for any of them either.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #78
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

#1 could be fun. As CMH touched on a few posts up, if the teams were hosted on an ootp server and you selected your team from there that would stop any potential 'cheating'.

Maybe some kind of league ladder system would work hand in hand with that?

#2 would be great but probably impractical. No interest in #3.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #79
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

We run a league that is on a daily schedule, and we'd probably use the H2H play for playoff games or something like that to start with. It would be unrealistic to expect folks to be around for every game in a 162 season, but it would be a travesty to have online H2H play added and it not work with online leagues. It's really the Holy Grail for online leagues, and they'll figure out how to implement in their leagues.

I like the "Play Now Online" version of this, but wow...you guys would be hitting on something very special if you did something like Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show:

Battle Royale - Allows players to draft a team that lasts for a week or for a set number of wins/losses. You'd need to keep an updated roster database, and even include "legends" or heck, just anyone rated at least a "good" player could randomly appear in a draft.

Traditional Diamond Dynasty - You'd need some sort of market setup like MLB The Show, and I'm sure there are other ways to make it unique and not too similar to MLB The Show.

I've said for a good year now, MLB The Show and OOTP are so close in game quality. I actually prefer OOTP Baseball as I feel the Show has turned into the hare in the sports game race. I also believe that OOTP is closer to delivering the total package of baseball to fans (graphics, etc.) than MLB The Show is to bringing the total package (realism).

I guess the last question is what is the market for something like this for a computer game? It's definitely there for console.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #80
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
H2H online would only really be worth if it there was some sort of streaming integration built-in so that it the games could be played live and watched by others. But it would be really cool for playoff games.
Not sure if it would ever be implemented directly within OOTP, but we do live streaming of important games using OBS/YouTube. For instance, here is one from earlier this week:

http://www.simsportsglobal.com/?p=3587