Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Radsmats
Minors (Double A)

Nice progress in 9.69

Positive steps:
Play-by-play coming together (although I would eliminate "winger win" from the faceoff descriptions. Been watching hockey since 1964 and have never heard that term).
Also on pbp, it's pretty much essential to get penalties and injuries in there, and we need descriptions of the "dead" spaces between shots/goals/faceoffs but I expect you knew that. Still, it starts to "sound" like a hockey broadcast, which is a huge step forward.

I like the new rating system. Is there a "fog of war" button someplace?

Problems:
I can't see the bottom of the screen, even though I can see the bottom border. The screen cuts off halfway through the "points" line of the player profile box in the lower right of the game screen.

Teams dominate long stretches of periods to often. It's rare to see one team rack up a dozen or more consecutive shots IRL but happens at least once every couple of games so far.

Signing free agents is tricky. I tried and tried to sign Carl Brewer to the 68/69 Leafs, but couldn't get the "submit offer" button to engage. He said it was the best offer and he would likely sign, then without any further contact, a couple of days later he signed with another team for a much smaller, one-year contract instead of the 4-year deal I was offering. (He was requesting an even larger 7-year deal).

Scouting is not working. I can no longer assign my scouts to do anything ... and they're not. Just sitting there.

Overall, good work and looking forward to the finished product.