Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:35 AM   #1
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Save File Not Loading - Requesting Assistance

I believe I have a corrupted save, but I'm not sure how to properly diagnose and fix that. I traced the crash as instructed but am not sure how to decipher the info. When I've created and loaded a fresh save game, it works perfectly, but when I try to load my main save, OOTP stops loading at 75% then simply closes. Any input?

Trace file is attached.

1. PC
2. Windows 10, 64 bit
3. Game is through Steam
4. N/A
5. Processor: i5-3570 @ 3.40GHz. RAM: 8 GB. Video Card: GTX 1050. SSD: Samsung 960 with 155 GB free of 465 GB
6/7. Game crashes upon loading one specific saved game. Other saved games are fine. When loading the game, it appears to be loading, but when it reaches 75%, the game simply closes with no dialog boxes or other information. Link to league files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oo9nqbq8g...Q3OJvc6Pa?dl=0
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (46.0 KB, 55 views)
GGGUNSLINGERRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There appears to be an issue in some cases loading save files with games in progress. If you delete your games_in_progress.dat file prior to loading, it should resume. However do note that if you do that, there is a chance that you may experience some issues with the games that were in progress. There may not be an issue, but there's a chance that either games that were in progress will resume from the beginning, but with a score already in place, or that players who have played or pitched in the game will not have their fatigue reset, or that player stats from the previous time of the game may already be tracked in player stats, and thus end up counting a potential game in progress.

You may not have issues there, or may feel they're a minor concern, in which case as I said you should be able to simply delete the file and load up your game. If those are a problem, then you can try restoring from the auto-save or a backup.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #3
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There appears to be an issue in some cases loading save files with games in progress. If you delete your games_in_progress.dat file prior to loading, it should resume. However do note that if you do that, there is a chance that you may experience some issues with the games that were in progress. There may not be an issue, but there's a chance that either games that were in progress will resume from the beginning, but with a score already in place, or that players who have played or pitched in the game will not have their fatigue reset, or that player stats from the previous time of the game may already be tracked in player stats, and thus end up counting a potential game in progress.

You may not have issues there, or may feel they're a minor concern, in which case as I said you should be able to simply delete the file and load up your game. If those are a problem, then you can try restoring from the auto-save or a backup.
I deleted the games in progress folder and the save works perfectly. Thanks so much!
Old 09-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #4
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGUNSLINGERRR View Post
I deleted the games in progress folder and the save works perfectly. Thanks so much!
Well, it appears I spoke too soon. I am not able to progress at all now - the game crashes immediately upon trying to either advance forward via simulating a day ahead or entering a game (I'm in the middle of a season).
Old 09-10-2019, 05:54 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There's probably something else going on here, then. The files you uploaded above don't appear to be the complete set - if you can copy up all the .dat files from your save game folder again(we don't need news or jerseys or any of that other stuff), we can have a look to see what might be going on.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #6
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's probably something else going on here, then. The files you uploaded above don't appear to be the complete set - if you can copy up all the .dat files from your save game folder again(we don't need news or jerseys or any of that other stuff), we can have a look to see what might be going on.
Here is a link to a dropbox folder with the .dat files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5swx7w0ml...wk9srxv_a?dl=0
Old 09-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

You may need to delete the game_864.game file from your replays folder as well. That will also trigger reloading the game in progress which seems to fail.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #8
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

That seems to have done it. Progressing with no issues to report. Thank you!