Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

MLB Manager 2018 is out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

I'm not buying until we see if there are any changes beyond a roster update/cosmetic update. We've been promised big changes for three years now, and each time we don't get them.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #3
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Chamber View Post
I'm not buying until we see if there are any changes beyond a roster update/cosmetic update. We've been promised big changes for three years now, and each time we don't get them.

One nice feature I like is the 800+ fictional logos

Old 03-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

That's a cosmetic update. They've promised true game updates and changes for three years now, and each year we get "Sorry, but..."
Old 03-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #5
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Considering getting it for the 800 logos. But I really dont like the idea of rewarding this. There were certainly minor changes which could have been implemented (season projections, better contract system, league/team history tab) if the phones truly can't handle minor leagues, expansion and relocation yet. Just seems like theyre ignoring a massively growing mobile market as people move from computers. Dont get me wrong, will always love this game (thats why i care enough to write this) but it seems like a whole area thats growing fast is being ignored in favor of working on small improvements on a game thats near perfect at this point
Old 03-28-2018, 10:09 PM   #6
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

EXACTLY. We SHOULDN'T reward this.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:45 PM   #7
wodi
All Star Reserve

This year they didnt even give us any insight, no words from the devs, nothing

Silence
Old 03-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

Has anyone been silly enough to actually buy this?
Old 03-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #9
wodi
All Star Reserve

I did, I had to see what a new paint job on 2017 looked like....

I have no idea what these”totals” are for....

Things dont fit on the screen...

Looks like a glorified mess
Old 03-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #10
wodi
All Star Reserve

First amateur draft, 3 total relief prospects....

Looks like were headed for another year of aces and then pitchers who osculate between reliever and starter, ugh

Old 03-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #11
wodi
All Star Reserve

All star scrolling still broken...

Thanks guys, this game is a joke
Old 03-28-2018, 11:34 PM   #12
mlefkee2
Minors (Single A)

Sad

Last year the game took a step back. It’s the same garbage as last year. I really wanted a great sim but I am done buying products from them. Last year they PROMISED a new engine and nothing has come of it.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:41 PM   #13
wodi
All Star Reserve

I think theyre done with the game, every year less and less chatter less and less time put in.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #14
AlexA
Bat Boy

Unbelievable

Why can’t these simple issues be fixed, OOTP? This is outrageous and it does not reflect well on the workmanship of the company. It is not a top earning game, we get it. But to release a game as unpolished and unfinished as this, when the version 4 years ago performed better is crazy.

On another note, is the game optimized to fit the iPhone X screen? I have been playing this game since iOOTP 2011 and this will be the first year since in which I will not purchase the game if it is not optimized to fit the entire iPhone X display.

Last edited by AlexA; 03-28-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:38 AM   #15
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexA View Post
Why can’t these simple issues be fixed, OOTP? This is outrageous and it does not reflect well on the workmanship of the company. It is not a top earning game, we get it. But to release a game as unpolished and unfinished as this, when the version 4 years ago performed better is crazy.

On another note, is the game optimized to fit the iPhone X screen? I have been playing this game since iOOTP 2011 and this will be the first year since in which I will not purchase the game if it is not optimized to fit the entire iPhone X display.

It is not at this time optimized for the iPhone X. Pretty sure Apple was making that a requirement at some point but I don’t know when. Love this game but again disappointed like many of you. I think part of the problem is that we may be the ones that post in the forum, very few do, so our voice doesn’t seem like it’s being heard, idk. Sad though. So much potential. Raise the price to $10 and make the changes that were promised. I would pay the $10.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:41 AM   #16
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Also just saying I shouldn’t have had to announce that the game was released. Just saying.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:09 AM   #17
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I did, I had to see what a new paint job on 2017 looked like....

Things dont fit on the screen...

Looks like a glorified mess
It looks like this will be the first year since I first bought their iOS product in which I won't be buying the new version. It's just too many years with no significant improvements. The one "cosmetic" improvement that would change my mind would be the addition of L/R information when managing a game on the iPad (iPhone with smaller screen has it). I do not have the inclination to spend $7 to find out. And that's an enormous shame.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:39 AM   #18
Mr_Devil_Dog
Minors (Single A)

This game is the same as 2017, which was the same as 2016. It’s become obvious that OOTP has no interest in the mobile market space and they are trying to rip off their loyal customers. This should be a free upgrade. For goodness sakes they don’t even properly support the iPhone X. Last year I purchased the app even though I knew there was no changes, because I wanted to support their development efforts, but no more. I have supported this game from their first release, but now they have lost my support. For several years they have promised significant change to this game. Well that all adds up to nothing but lies.

Last edited by Mr_Devil_Dog; 03-29-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #19
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnoodles View Post
Also just saying I shouldn’t have had to announce that the game was released. Just saying.

Exactly
Old 03-29-2018, 08:08 AM   #20
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisnoodles View Post
It is not at this time optimized for the iPhone X. Pretty sure Apple was making that a requirement at some point but I don’t know when. Love this game but again disappointed like many of you. I think part of the problem is that we may be the ones that post in the forum, very few do, so our voice doesn’t seem like it’s being heard, idk. Sad though. So much potential. Raise the price to $10 and make the changes that were promised. I would pay the $10.

I’d pay any amount, hell I’d donate $100+ if it meant real changes.

I used to love this game, I cant get through a season anymore these days, take my $5, I doubt I’ll ever play it.
Closed Thread