Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 03-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #61
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Out of curiosity what is the split between fictional / historical / modern for FHM?
We don´t give out the exact numbers but a very high % plays modern, historical is in second place (but with a big gap to modern) and fictional is about 2/3 of historical.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:04 PM   #62
redtiger7
All Star Starter

The ability to trade draft picks for the current season, not just future seasons.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:01 AM   #63
SR002
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Improved stats but I'm sure that is already in the works. Easier readability of stats (in the player screen you have to switch back and forth because only one has TOI. Also the ability to see last year's stats during free agency. Currently they are wiped out July 1.
SR002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:10 PM   #64
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

I'd like for a better ability to customize our General Managers prior to starting a new game.

I know this can already be done with editors, but I mean implemented better. For example, we get a number of attribute points to start off to distribute to the different categories. And this number can be linked to whatever reputation we choose to start off with, the higher the more we get. This way we can kind of develop as general managers (or coaches). Also, choosing play style and other small things like that.

I think it would add more immersion to the game.

2) Counter offers in trades.

Rather than a club saying "NO WAY!!!!!" and then demanding we send them a new offer, what if they send us a counter offer (if the original offer is close to being accepted).

3) I agree with the draft rankings request.

4) More control of the team during games.

Something like choosing lines to match up if you're a home team, benching player x, mixing up the lines. This is probably the biggest change I'd like to see in terms of altering the game already. Something along the lines of FHM. It would make actually playing the games more enjoyable. I'm not asking for a 3D match engine (I run this on a laptop without much horsepower lol).

5) Player interaction. FM excels at this, IMO, and it would be awesome to have it in a hockey game. Since morale is already implemented, it would be nice to be able to interact more with players.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:29 PM   #65
GMO123
Major Leagues

Some random ideas:

More interaction with owners, fans, media and the city officials.
This would/could affect morale, money available for player salaries, good/bad publicity affecting how many fans go to games and how much they affect player morale.

e.g. Media gives constant bad publicity to player A, Fans agree or disagree with media. If fans agree they constantly give a bad time to a player when on the ice and then player's morale plummets and wants a trade.
It could also apply to visiting team player who would then, depending upon his temperament, either play worse, the same or better.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #66
djskek
Minors (Single A)

1.)International play & managing, World Championships, Olympics and World Junior CS.

2.) CHL

3.) better and precise rules implementing in the national leagues.

4.)The training would again be revised. Difficult to understand and unclearly. Training should get a own page / heading and not be included in the roster outline.

Last edited by djskek; 03-21-2016 at 10:38 AM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #67
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
1.)International play & managing, World Championships, Olympics and World Junior CS.

2.) CHL

3.) better and precise rules implementing in the national leagues.

4.)The training would again be revised. Difficult to understand and unclearly. Training should get a own page / heading and not be included in the roster outline.
Yeah, I'd also like to be able to train specific attributes rather than having it done randomly.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #68
no way
Minors (Triple A)

I'll Add my 2 cents,
I'd like little improvements to csv exports:

1) Player (goalies) stats are good as it is, just one minor inconvenience, all playoff rows have league id "9999" which is making it annoying to sort out.
2) Schedules.csv: here I'd increase data output by summary stats you have on match report (attendance, shots, face offs, hits, powerplay stats, basically top and bottom of match report) plus type of the result would be nice (regular, over time, shotout), or have it as separate csv file
3) Would be nice to have csv file for goals, penalties and player summary stats from games so it would be possible to make web reports by using sql database or some other tools (I know only little bit about sql/php+html but it's doably using those 2)
That I hope wouldn't be too much work to implement.

Also one minor error I noticed in the match reports on the bottom power play opportunities are wrong, what's done there is when there is fight or personal penalty (10 minutes) it does count that as an powerplay opportunity aswell so for example:
Team A has 2x 2minute penalties, Team B has 3x 2 minute penalties and there is 1 fight without any pp goals. Team A should be 0-3 and Team B should be 0-2 but game shows it as Team A 0-4 and Team B 0-3.

Last edited by no way; 03-22-2016 at 05:38 AM.
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #69
MXD
Minors (Double A)

- Better "league integration" for young players in historical mode (AKA, not have the young players pissed because they're on the reserve roster when they're nowhere close to being NHL players). Can be made thru various means, including creating some "generic" farm teams. It's not realistic, but reserves not playing at all isn't more realistic either.
- While we're at it, the option to have no draft in historical leagues.
- The possibility of having no draft in custom leagues.
- Something like ISS rankings
- Something like Organisationnal Depth Charts
- Completely rework trading as to make it a little more customizable and look a little less completely random
- Random rules changes proposed (to which you can agree or not) and having various effects. That's kinda like the "story mode" point proposed.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #70
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
I'd like for a better ability to customize our General Managers prior to starting a new game.

2) Counter offers in trades.

Rather than a club saying "NO WAY!!!!!" and then demanding we send them a new offer, what if they send us a counter offer (if the original offer is close to being accepted).
Absolutely agree with one.

As to two, either this or a "Make this trade work" button to indicate what players or picks the team would accept to have the deal work.
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #71
ZBGuy
Minors (Single A)

1) Better use of the non-playable leagues in the game. I see many teams in lesser leagues either completely empty or filled with inappropriate players (the French U20 league has entire teams full of Russian and Slovakian prospects, for example). Would help make the game feel more "alive" and give the tons of free agents something to do other than rot on the UFA list.

2) Targeted training for players so you can raise certain attributes,

3) A better ratings scale. 0.0-8.0 seems too constricted and imprecise. There should be a better way to represent a player's ability, or at least a better scouting system to suggest what kind of attributes a player has without relying on a vague star-based overall/potential scale. This also seems to putting a drag on non-NHL leagues which are filled with 0.5 or 1-star players. I don't see the point of including Ligue Magnus and the British leagues when those teams are filled with players who are worse than Serie A players, at least in my experience.
ZBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #72
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Lot´s of cool ideas so far, many things we have on our list.

I want to repeat a general note: only 11.5% play fictional in FHM 2. We will continue to improve that mode (same with historical) but I think everybody should understand that e.g. working on international teams and tournaments or real world rules/leagues makes more sense for us then using all of our resources on fictional mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
What I said: The only thing I want people to understand is that fictional play is something only a very minor group of people uses. They are important to us and we will add to that mode with every new version but we have only limited resources and of course we have to use the majority of time for stuff that the majority of user wants.
Sebastian, thank you for your honest feedback in regards to FHM 3. In particular your plans for fictional leagues. As a fictional player across various text sims, I'm really disappointed to hear so few people play fictional which will result in less time spent on new features for fictional. I'm a person who enjoys smaller league setups.

My requests:
1) Schedule improvements for fictional leagues. It appears that an
in-game schedule generator may not be possible. Would love to see a schedule editor so we can create schedules that match some of our OCD tastes. If that's not an option than maybe hard coding a balanced divisional schedule for one or two of the fictional leagues (maybe 12 team or 16 teams).

2) Customizing playoffs. I really would like to have the option where the playoffs don't have 50% or more of the league making the playoffs. Especially with smaller leagues.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:37 PM   #73
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

-Team depth chart

-Team grades. How the game ranks teams in regards to defense and offense

-Player comparisons.

-Wild card standings

-Trade center. Full league page dedicated to just trades with a drop down menu to show other things such a contract extensions, player movement. We have something similar now but it's a small little box. It should have its own page. I'd like to see each trade separated from each other. When you get multiple trades on one day (trade deadline) they are all cluttered together and it can be confusing.

-League Injuries. List should be by default grouping players with their respective teams. Right now you just have a long list of players.

-More stats on standings page. There is plenty of room for more stats but it doesn't need to be cluttered either. Two stats i would like to see added are Current streak and last 10 games. Get a better idea of a teams current situation.

-Team logos. I'd like to see the team logos next to the players names in the league players stats section. Looks much nicer than just the team name abbreviated in brackets. The league leaders page has it and it looks great.

-Calendar Schedule. Way more visually pleasing in my opinion.

-Ability to save your lines

-Main league page that shows every teams current Cap situation.

-Team advanced stats (Puck possession) Some of these stats would give a better understanding if a team is playing good or just getting lucky

-The ability to shop a player

-The ability to change anything on August 15th that you can change on July 1st. If I want to change the salary cap for example or point structure I should not have to wait a whole season to make changes.

-Awards. If a player has won a Stanley cup or any other kind of championship there should be a little cup icon next to his name or at the very least some kind of history of him winning a cup/championship in his history page. This would be very helpful if you were doing a historical game from the beginning all the way up to present day. You would be able to easily see which players won the most cups.

Coach of the year award should be added among other ones but this is one I’m most looking to see.

If a player wins player of the month or whatever it is they should say why in the news feed, I’d like to know exactly why they won. Right now it does not give us the reason why they won.

-Rookie leaders in the league player stats page. I’ve been told this isn’t an easy one to do but I still hope to see it at some point in the future as it’s nice to see how the rookies are doing vs each other in any given season.

-Full league news page.

-League power rankings.

Finally when you're years into a game and you're on the league news page and you want to look at current transactions and you have to scroll through all the transactions that have happened in the game every year before you can get to the current ones. There is no quick way to do this either as you have to scroll past every single transaction. There should be a quicker way or newer transactions need to be at the top.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:13 AM   #74
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

The ability to import and export in an online league directly in the game as ootp series has is the single biggest thing needed in my mind.
Also improved prospect rating system and depth chart would be great
Amateur / Pro Scouting system and scouts
Interim Coach Hiring
Greater control of your farm team (management hirings)
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #75
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Don´t be disappointed, the number of fictional and historical users is small compared to modern users but both groups (historical/fictional) are still a significant number of player we don´t want to lose. So we will not ignore them but work on both modes as well, just not as much as on the modern mode. And one thing always to remember: almost all modern features will be part of fictional/historical leagues as well, so they will also see great improvements.

With your two wishes: that are perfect examples for my point above, both will be looked into for the modern game (better schedule generator and more flexible PO) and if they make the cut, they will be available in historical/fictional as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Sebastian, thank you for your honest feedback in regards to FHM 3. In particular your plans for fictional leagues. As a fictional player across various text sims, I'm really disappointed to hear so few people play fictional which will result in less time spent on new features for fictional. I'm a person who enjoys smaller league setups.

My requests:
1) Schedule improvements for fictional leagues. It appears that an
in-game schedule generator may not be possible. Would love to see a schedule editor so we can create schedules that match some of our OCD tastes. If that's not an option than maybe hard coding a balanced divisional schedule for one or two of the fictional leagues (maybe 12 team or 16 teams).

2) Customizing playoffs. I really would like to have the option where the playoffs don't have 50% or more of the league making the playoffs. Especially with smaller leagues.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #76
dmytron

Sebastian Palkowski, please stop apologizing.

From my general experience of playing in sport management games (and almost none in FHM), I'd add one suggestion that strongly boosts the immersion in the game. It is the suggestion that was mentioned on the first page:

Fans and fanclubs

Anybody who've played FIFA Manager can remember it was the awesome screen to look at. It gave the impression that you don't just play numbers and that you don't work as a manager just for the team owner. You felt that your team was interesting to the ordinary people who watch you on TV. And fans' phrases helped to understand what is wrong or good with the team.

And, stealing the idea from Football Manager, if things go wrong, your fans could be begging the team owner to fire you.

I think it would help to immerse in the league greatly, moreso with the fictional leagues, where you don't have a clear image and emotions connected with you team at the beginning at the game.

Thata's my two kopecks.

Last edited by dmytron; 03-26-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #77
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Not sure if the following have been mentioned already, but these would be my personal suggestions in terms of improving immersion:

* Storylines with decisions and consequences like you find in OOTP

* Unhappy players not wanting to sign contracts and / or asking for trades. Too often I've had a disgruntled player due to lack of ice time or being sent down to the minors who's just happily signed the next contract I've placed in front of him.

* A better negotiation process with players. They rarely if ever deviate from their salary or term demands and there's very little by way of explanation for the logic / motivation of a player in terms of what they're asking for.

* Linking to the above I'd want to see more realistic salary demands in general. Short-term bridge deals on low-cap hits make it easy to hoard talent, either making solo-play too simple or unbalancing multi-player leagues.
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #78
redtiger7
All Star Starter

- A league wide search function and expanded filters, where in one screen I can see all the centers in the league with high checking and a defensive read over 14. (for example)

-Report cards and grades for players in several categories. Right now the scouting reports are a little weak. Yes, I know player A is strong at play making and weak in avoiding injuries, but what about everything that's neither strong nor weak? I know player A's not a beast defensivly, but just how bad is he?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #79
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

My friends and I are doing a fictional league, and we wanted to use FHM 2 as the simulator for it. However, we are using only non-NHL players. The only problem is, in FHM 2, non-NHL players cannot be used in custom leagues, even with the "use real players" option selected. My request is that the ability to use players from European leagues like the KHL, SHL, SM-Liiga, etc. are available in custom league play. Thanks!
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:16 AM   #80
gosens
Minors (Single A)

For me, there are a few things that would improve my enjoyment of the game a great deal.

1) Like scootermojo said on pg 3 of this thread, some variance of stats over time would make simming into the future much more interesting. And yes I'm part of the "only 11%" that does this but the point is, the game does this so why not make it as good as possible?

Playing forward from 2016 you get only a handful of players scoring 50 goals or 100 points over the next 100 years - simply not inspiring to play the game.

This should not need a huge new area of functionality. It would need two things:
1 - for the average goals per game setting to trend upwards and downwards over periods of time (set in the background by the game with some random element too)
2 - similarly, for the average player stock for newly generated forwards, defense, and goaltending - or simply for skaters and goaltenders - to each improve and decline in a similar fashion over time.

That can lead to defensive eras, high scoring eras, times with great goalies or dead puck eras etc. Ie in the 80's, average goals/game was up, forwards were better and goalies were worse. These days we have great goalies, pretty good forwards, and medium goals per game.

2) Generational players to actually be generated maybe once or twice every ten years. Real, top hall of fame players who dominate. And, more range between the top players and the regular player stock, so there can legitimately be "stars" instead of a heap of middling players with little difference.

Apart from that I feel that there is a lot of improvement that can be done on navigating in the game, viewing stats, looking up past seasons, team rosters, etc. Right now it is frustrating to navigate as it is simply not intuitive. Having to click three, four, five times to just see a team's scoring (ie the main scoring categories), the difficulty in finding the scoring leaders from past seasons, etc all can be improved.

(hockeydb.com is a good example of how easy it should be to navigate stats, seasons, teams, players)

And finally Real News. First of all, seeing news come up on the simming screen, when you stop simming to read it, you can't find it. So the navigation again needs work. But how about some interesting news stories, like "so and so had a five goal game", "team is on a winning streak", "took over first place", "had high hopes but things are falling apart" etc. To add some character and interest in what's happening.

... Oh yeah, and how about counting Championships on a player's awards/stats!

It's been great seeing the game evolve from the early pre-release of FHM 1 until now and I will continue buying new versions as long as it continues to improve. The things above would really help make the game more enjoyable to me. Thanks.

Last edited by gosens; 04-01-2016 at 04:23 AM.
gosens is offline   Reply With Quote