Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary

Old 06-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Language Specific XML pbp files

Hey all

While at work today playing with the OOTP2006 demo, I thought about what if some folks here would like to have versions of the pbp that are written in other languages like spanish, french, german, and so on.

So hence I"m starting a project where such items will exist. I'll create threads for each language with links found on the first post of this one. Ill also take feedback and requests for additional or proof-readers in this thread as well.

Since the majority of folks here are from the US, and Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US, I've started working on that one. Due to the size, it probably wont' be out for a week or so but I"m working on it

One note. I am not a native speaker, and am translating literally from english to the language, so for folks that are native speakers of said language, they may find that some pharses are a bit choppy or an odd selection of words here and there. Hence why I"m looking for proof-readers.

So without futhur ado, lets hear what you think of this. I'll be doing languages in the following order:

1) Spanish
2) French(Parisian or France)
3) German
4 and on) I leave to you.

EDIT: Also some shoutouts to sites that helped with words that were not easy to find.

Spanish: http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/education/dictionary/ (I wish this was for other languages, this has been a great resource so far.)

PT22

Last edited by canadiancreed; 06-08-2006 at 11:43 PM.
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=119577&page=6

I would suggest that you wait until tysok finishes his assault on english.xml. He's attacking it with a impressive vigor. Perhaps you could contact RBLwebguy, who is implementing many of the edits into the game's english.xml file in order to get a cleaner copy.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #3
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=119577&page=6

I would suggest that you wait until tysok finishes his assault on english.xml. He's attacking it with a impressive vigor. Perhaps you could contact RBLwebguy, who is implementing many of the edits into the game's english.xml file in order to get a cleaner copy.
I have actually been keeping an eye on that thread (damn imrpessive work btw). WHile I havent' hit anything listed yet, I've also just started so that would explain it. Should a clean copy arise soon, I"ll just cut and paste the clean english copy over and continue with that.

PT22

Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

This may be problematic. There are some areas of the PbP that are still hard-coded in English.

I think that these will ultimately also be in the XML, but in the interests of getting the product out, it just couldn't happen... (Just my opinion though.)
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists
This may be problematic. There are some areas of the PbP that are still hard-coded in English.

I think that these will ultimately also be in the XML, but in the interests of getting the product out, it just couldn't happen... (Just my opinion though.)
i was wondering that as well like say, pitches, fielding positions, and other areas.

I havent' ran across this in the XML yet, but the month is young. And if worse comes to worse jsut an XML update should resolve that.

PT22

Old 06-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
i was wondering that as well like say, pitches, fielding positions, and other areas.

I havent' ran across this in the XML yet, but the month is young. And if worse comes to worse jsut an XML update should resolve that.
Right, but I guess my point is, there is text in the PbP that comes from the game's code and not the XML, so no amount of XML updates can fix that.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Right, but I guess my point is, there is text in the PbP that comes from the game's code and not the XML, so no amount of XML updates can fix that.
not yet at least. From the list that you posted it's a small number that can be fixed! And most of the work will already be done by then

PT22

Old 06-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
not yet at least. From the list that you posted it's a small number that can be fixed! And most of the work will already be done by then
Well, I think it's more than you think. There are hard-coded values other than those in the spreadsheet I just posted. For example, the "end of inning" calls are all hard-coded, as are some things like 'back to back homer' announcements and the little stats announcements like 'That was his 5th homer of the year.'

But let's be optimistic!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:03 AM   #9
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I think it's more than you think. There are hard-coded values other than those in the spreadsheet I just posted. For example, the "end of inning" calls are all hard-coded, as are some things like 'back to back homer' announcements and the little stats announcements like 'That was his 5th homer of the year.'

But let's be optimistic!
fair enough. But hey this is leagues better then the damn .dat files (how I loathed them), so indeed I"m trying the optimism thing.

I hope the IT licensing board doesn't find this out. I'll lose my membership

PT22

Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
enquantuva
Bat Boy

Looking For

Hello CanadianCreed where can i found a text file in spanish?

if you have a link please..

Language Text file XML in spanish
Thanks
enquantuva is offline   Reply With Quote