Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Too many perfect leagues

By my count there are 49 perfect leagues this week. This is too many and my team routinely wins 125+ games each week which turns out to be boring. The only real question is if I can win my division or be a wildcard because its my bad luck to seemingly be placed in the same division with a team equal to my own every other week.

It's too late to fix this, but hopefully in PT21 we can see ONE "league of champions" above perfect. That means a maximum of 24 perfect leagues with only the champions promoted to the league of champions, to be joined by the top 6 playoff teams from the previous week. This means the "league of champions" would have 24 teams relegated. Since there are likely to be far more diamond leagues promoting 4 teams, the perfect leagues would relegate 12-14 teams back to diamond. Also, the "league of champions" division series losers, would square off in a best of 7 series to determine teams 5 and 6 that don't get relegated rather than being determined by an artificial tiebreak method. I think it would be cool to have 1 league at the very top of the heap.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I had no idea there were 49 Perfect Leagues, that does sound like too many. My team that isn't in OL was surprised at how weak the competition is in their first season in Perfect League, where I'm doing well despite a pretty mediocre starting rotation. I'm sure it's now pretty watered down, as the general population probably grows faster than the whale population.

OL Perfect .420 is incredibly competitive, as are any organized whale leagues.

I agree with the Champions League concept, as do many on the boards. They should really do this in OOTP21. I'm not convinced that it needs to be as complicated as you lay out. Just have 29 Perfect Leagues and the winner stays in Champions League, or 28 Perfect Leagues with the Conference winners staying, or 26 Perfect Leagues with the Final Four staying.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I fully endorse the first post in this thread, increased turnover and churn would be very welcome
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

PT is set up like a pyramid structure but in reality it should be more like a diamond. Any other game like this follows close to a normal level distribution where most teams are in the middle at some silver equivalent, then there are basically sub-levels within the top for the very highest tier.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

The more perfect leagues the more chances people will pay real money to get a Ruth or Cy Young to compete which means more money for the developers.
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
By my count there are 49 perfect leagues this week. This is too many and my team routinely wins 125+ games each week which turns out to be boring. The only real question is if I can win my division or be a wildcard because its my bad luck to seemingly be placed in the same division with a team equal to my own every other week.

It's too late to fix this, but hopefully in PT21 we can see ONE "league of champions" above perfect. That means a maximum of 24 perfect leagues with only the champions promoted to the league of champions, to be joined by the top 6 playoff teams from the previous week. This means the "league of champions" would have 24 teams relegated. Since there are likely to be far more diamond leagues promoting 4 teams, the perfect leagues would relegate 12-14 teams back to diamond. Also, the "league of champions" division series losers, would square off in a best of 7 series to determine teams 5 and 6 that don't get relegated rather than being determined by an artificial tiebreak method. I think it would be cool to have 1 league at the very top of the heap.
What happened to the whale league?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post

I agree with the Champions League concept, as do many on the boards. They should really do this in OOTP21. I'm not convinced that it needs to be as complicated as you lay out. Just have 29 Perfect Leagues and the winner stays in Champions League, or 28 Perfect Leagues with the Conference winners staying, or 26 Perfect Leagues with the Final Four staying.
I like keeping 6 teams, 1 or 4 is too few and 8 too many, but there are bragging rights to see how long you can remain in the top league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
The more perfect leagues the more chances people will pay real money to get a Ruth or Cy Young to compete which means more money for the developers.
Nothing changes, if it is harder to get into perfect, the more likely to invest, in expensive players, IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
What happened to the whale league?
Nothing, as far as I know. My suggestion makes a whale league "official" and gives Kris Jardine something to talk about on his show.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #8
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

I would really like a top league that is invite only and you have to win a perfect league. And since there are so many perfect leagues, if you do not win top league then you drop back down to the loser perfect league. :P
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #9
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Got to imagine that they'll include a Champions League for PT21. It just makes too much sense.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #10
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

I would love to see a champions league above Perfect. There should be a Sunday stream covering the Champions league playoffs.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote