Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > OOTP 23 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 23 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2022 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 05:21 PM   #1
ehalt
Minors (Single A)

Very disappointing decision 2.0

The previous vent thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...343366&page=10) was closed due to, "people in this and any thread related to this difficult situation decide to continue using it as a reason to attack one another, make xenophobic comments, and all the other bad behavior currently on display." I'm interpreting that at face value to mean that complaining about bad business practices is still perfectly fine, and that OOTP has no intention of shutting down any and all criticism.

So I'm re-opening the discussion of OOTP's decision to damage players' save files. Please continue discussing here without xenophobic comments, which must have been in the part of the previous thread which I didn't read.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
RaUni
Banned

So in case everyone needs a recap...

OOTP decided to damage a product they sold to us, possibly sold it to us illegally, and has not said a word since. BUT we know that they haven't informed the moderators of anything either.

So we got that going for us
Old 01-18-2023, 05:34 PM   #3
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaUni View Post
So in case everyone needs a recap...

OOTP decided to damage a product they sold to us, possibly sold it to us illegally, and has not said a word since. BUT we know that they haven't informed the moderators of anything either.

So we got that going for us
When do we change the name of this thread to "yelling at clouds"?
Old 01-18-2023, 05:46 PM   #4
Kobeck
Major Leagues

deleted

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 01-18-2023 at 05:51 PM.
Kobeck is offline   Received Infraction
Old 01-18-2023, 05:56 PM   #5
Kobeck
Major Leagues

clown show
Old 01-18-2023, 05:56 PM   #6
ehalt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabtron7 View Post
A bit odd to intentionally click on a thread you don't care about only to announce that you don't care about it, isn't it? You could also just...not click.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:58 PM   #7
RaUni
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabtron7 View Post
I would consider stopping if OOTP considered compensating me for my time lost in my custom creation they chose to destroy. As a self proclaimed xenophile, I would consider an all expense paid trip to South Africa to learn even more about the culture my leagues are forced into.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2023, 06:00 PM   #8
coyotedelmar
Bat Boy

At this point I'm pretty much waiting for the devs to say something. Thankfully my save could be fixed if I put in the time, but had it been in challenge mode it'd be dead (to me). Thanks to moving the league to South Africa and now flooding my game with more MLB ready South African players than SA players in MILB.

Why South Africa? Second, was the randomizer suppose to change players or was that a side effect? Again if I was in challenge mode this would have even broke some MLBPA guys due to being in Japan in my save.

Further is the scrambling players staying, is it fixed, or just anything about that?
Old 01-18-2023, 06:01 PM   #9
Kobeck
Major Leagues

I dont see how it could be undone... and even if you took the time it would/could be scrambled again at OOTPs whims
Old 01-18-2023, 06:04 PM   #10
MathBandit
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotedelmar View Post
Again if I was in challenge mode this would have even broke some MLBPA guys due to being in Japan in my save.
My experience with it is the MLBPA guys currently playing in Japan have not been scrambled, and are their normal selves happily playing baseball in South Africa.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:20 PM   #11
kurzov
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Might as well drop my $0.02 here...

Personally it is a shame that this went down the way it did.
I understand getting rid of the [BANNED LEAGUES] built-in data completely.

My savefiles have been complete fictional leagues or MLB-only up to this point, so I'm not particularly affected by these changes.

The scrambling and save lockout is considerably more questionable compared to built-in data. Really? Existing offline single-player leagues locked out? Possibly years-old (in real time, mind you) saves left partially to completely unusable due to some licensing issues or whatnot?

What is OOTP these days, a baseball simulator or a mobile game ran off of someone else's servers?

(P.S. How much would it take to buy OOTP Developments back from COM2US?)
Enjoy your reward of nothing. Put that nothing on your roster. Spend that nothing for some packs.

Old 01-18-2023, 06:20 PM   #12
RaUni
Banned

I do have a question for any mod if they're roaming. I know you said you had no more information than us, but has the dev team reached out about anything since they ruined our product? Or have they abandoned the forums completely?

Old 01-18-2023, 06:20 PM   #13
coyotedelmar
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
I dont see how it could be undone... and even if you took the time it would/could be scrambled again at OOTPs whims
From what I saw in my testing, it would be fine as long as I didn't try to bring back the forbidden league name and maybe team names.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:33 PM   #14
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaUni View Post
I do have a question for any mod if they're roaming. I know you said you had no more information than us, but has the dev team reached out about anything since they ruined our product? Or have they abandoned the forums completely?

Just a reiteration of what Markus told everyone here. https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=342760

Other than that, just a few discussions about saving mod threads with mixtures of information. One mod (tnfoto) spent hours salvaging the negro league photos in the mod section by parsing out all the 'offending' posts from over the years.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:37 PM   #15
ehalt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Just a reiteration of what Markus told everyone here. https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=342760

Other than that, just a few discussions about saving mod threads with mixtures of information. One mod (tnfoto) spent hours salvaging the negro league photos in the mod section by parsing out all the 'offending' posts from over the years.
I appreciate you chiming in, thanks. I hope you guys are using whatever scraps of influence you have to fight the good fight. I know you all care a ton about the game and its future, too.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:37 PM   #16
DJ_Jak_32
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
clown show
The opening of new threads to beat a dead horse is the definition of that.

Please close this one too, it will only spin out of control.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:40 PM   #17
ehalt
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Jak_32 View Post
The opening of new threads to beat a dead horse is the definition of that.

Please close this one too, it will only spin out of control.
A bit odd to intentionally click on a thread you don't care about only to announce that you don't care about it, isn't it? You could also just...not click.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:41 PM   #18
RaUni
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post

Do you mean mod threads as in moderation threads or actual game mods threads.

Old 01-18-2023, 06:52 PM   #19
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Actual game mods thread.
Old 01-18-2023, 06:56 PM   #20
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

I can't even begin to tell you how upsetting it is to have the *** save I've had going for quite a few years and versions changed like this.
Closed Thread