Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #81
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Sam Thomspson of Philadelphia Stars is Caucasian instead of African.
He is listed as African in the database. There is a MLB player of the same name who is a caucazoid. You do not specify why you think he is not of African descent. Is it a facegen thing, a player editor demographics thing? Your note carries no actionable specifics.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-30-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:29 PM   #82
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
RP Dan Collins (collida01) always seems to import as a RP with really good ratings, especially Stuff.
Whether his minor league stats factor in depends on the way you have your game set up. Since you leave all this information out there is nothing that can be checked.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:34 PM   #83
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ederemer View Post
Apologies if this isn't the correct thread for this or it has already been mention, but I am not seeing historical fielding stats for minor league players in the MLB quick start.
The quick starts are their own thing. I do not know how they are made. This is not the correct forum for this bug report.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #84
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywaydimag View Post
Hello--unfortunately this didn't work. The historical teams still have the opening day rosters, rather than the End of Season rosters when placed in a custom season. Do you have any other suggestions or any threads I might be able to post on? Thanks!
The game does not come with end of season rosters posing as opening day rosters in any mode other than historical exhibitions. I believe PStrickert made those so I'd contact him and ask him to make what you are looking for. It would be a Mod.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:46 PM   #85
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean View Post
As to finding the information its really not that hard, an entire cottage industry exist in pursuit and recordation of the data.
Perhaps you could gather this information that is important to you and post it here. It could then be added to the OOTP database and used in future versions?
Old 03-31-2018, 09:07 AM   #86
mywaydimag
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The quick starts are their own thing. I do not know how they are made. This is not the correct forum for this bug report.
Here’s my question though—why would it be a mod? In past years these teams would have all players from the whole year when added to a custom season. Why the change this year?
mywaydimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:39 AM   #87
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Here’s my question though—why would it be a mod? In past years these teams would have all players from the whole year when added to a custom season. Why the change this year?
I have no idea what a custom season is. You should be able to import players and/or teams from the historical database ad nauseum.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the question. It is also possible the importer is still partially broken.

The EOS and OD rosters BigRod pointed you toward have nothing to do with the database nor importing players. The database has no idea about who is on what team when but it does have stint numbers for when players change organizations. If you import the 2017 Mariners to a league you should get nearly 50 pitchers.

I'd put this concern one level up as it is not a database issue, it is a importer or custom league issue. Be very specific on how the development team can reproduce the challenge you are having as that is step one to getting it fixed.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #88
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

the importer function worked perfectly for me this morning, as i mass imported 1872 players. i don't think it's broken. it's easy to misuse if you don't point to the correct database though .... as i know all too well.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #89
mywaydimag
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jorge Posada seems to be missing from any Yankee team (I checked 1998, 2000, and 2004). I can import him, but he's not on the default rosters in either exhibition or when adding the teams to a custom season.
mywaydimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #90
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1918 Pete Kilduff doesn't have a position rating. He started 28 games at 2B for the Cubs that year.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #91
jscott
Bat Boy

Service time set to zero for pitchers

When creating new historical game (without loading complete minor league historical database) most pitchers have their service time set to zero. When starting a game in 1998 for example, even Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, etc, have six years to free agency.
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #92
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
When creating new historical game (without loading complete minor league historical database) most pitchers have their service time set to zero. When starting a game in 1998 for example, even Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, etc, have six years to free agency.
Fixed in patch
Old 04-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #93
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
1918 Pete Kilduff doesn't have a position rating. He started 28 games at 2B for the Cubs that year.
He was not a good enough second baseman to get a rating there. He has a -3 defensive runs saved in those 28 games which is very very bad.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #94
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Jorge Posada seems to be missing from any Yankee team (I checked 1998, 2000, and 2004). I can import him, but he's not on the default rosters in either exhibition or when adding the teams to a custom season.
Neither of the blue marked items have much if anything to do with the historical database. I'd post this one level up.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:34 AM   #95
Skrabec1
Minors (Single A)

Hi,

When creating a fictional league and adding historical teams, adding the 1998 New York Yankees and Jorge Posada is not on the roster-

Thanks

Neil
Skrabec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #96
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Please read the two previous posts to yours.

Reading is an important tool. Try it out?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #97
Andy
Hall Of Famer

With all due respect, he posted it originally in the current rosters thread and was told by a member of the roster team to post it in this thread.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #98
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
With all due respect, he posted it originally in the current rosters thread and was told by a member of the roster team to post it in this thread.
I think he meant to create a post here

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3937

Not in the Roster/Quickstart thread....that thread is for the current season's rosters.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #99
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Looks like there are still a few mid-2010's debut players whose nationality is listed in the database as American when it shouldn't be. One I just came across is Miguel Castro (castrmi01), who is Dominican (no second nationality listed). I have seen a few others, but biffed on writing them down .

ETA: Found another one with Elias Diaz (diazel01), listed as American but actually Venezuelan.

ETA2: Also Wilmer Difo (difowi01), listed as American, actually Dominican.

Last edited by dewelar; 04-10-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Found two more
dewelar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #100
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
Looks like there are still a few mid-2010's debut players whose nationality is listed in the database as American when it shouldn't be. One I just came across is Miguel Castro (castrmi01), who is Dominican (no second nationality listed). I have seen a few others, but biffed on writing them down .

ETA: Found another one with Elias Diaz (diazel01), listed as American but actually Venezuelan.

ETA2: Also Wilmer Difo (difowi01), listed as American, actually Dominican.
This is unfixable. The database agrees with your findings but the world.dat file does not. The development team cannot currently display the cities/countries in the database if they do not also exist exactly as in the world.dat file. As the world.dat file is hardly inclusive of the world as it is now it stands to reason the farther back in time one goes or the smaller a city is the less correct the player demographics are.

This challenge began when the world.dat file was changed from a csv to an xml file five or six years ago and should now perhaps be viewed as a legacy bug. It has been brought up every version lately and shot down until all that is left is the smoldering ruin of historical player demographics.