Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #61
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

ridgwja01 (Jack Ridgway) imported with no RL stats in my game.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #62
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
When I create a 2017 historical league with real lineups & transactions, I see none of the players who debuted in real life in 2017. So, there's a snafu somewhere.
I'm seeing this as well. To wit, none of these fine gentlemen are in a game if you start an historical game in 2017.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #63
Dr. Strangelove
Minors (Double A)

1. Heinz Becker is listed as American instead of German and his city of birth is listed as Berlin, NH instead of Berlin, Berlin.
2. Eric Erickson seems to be missing from the database.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 03-25-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #64
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

RP Dan Collins (collida01) always seems to import as a RP with really good ratings, especially Stuff.

IRL he started 2 games, pitched 11 IP, and had 18 K vs. 2 BB while hitting 40 PA and a 0.125 BA. Are there minor league numbers not featured in his RL Stats?

Is this an error in that he gets massively bumped for some reason? Been the case since OOTP17 I think and he's always stood out since he usually becomes an elite RP as a result of this as opposed to even a SP.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:03 PM   #65
Dr. Strangelove
Minors (Double A)

Sam Thomspson of Philadelphia Stars is Caucasian instead of African.
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #66
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOrange View Post
But list i get to import comes/scrapes right from bbref.

Therefore, if the list with ID directly from bbref don't import to OOTP19 (who uses bbref id) then how can the bug be with bbref?

Are you saying bbref id list they give OOTP could differ from the ID on their web site?
bbref doesn't give us anything....I gather the stats and info each year and pass them on to the powers that be.
This year others got the info for the historical dbs, I only added what was needed to the roster editor which has nothing to do with historicals.
I do have the Debut data for 2017 though.
I'll check and see what's up with it.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #67
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

I checked my master file and all these missing debuts are in there. 262 of them. Also, everything looks correct to me as far as anything preventing these from importing, formatting, correct ids...they are all fine.
Looks like we've got some sort of importing bug or the master.odb file didn't get updated..this is always a possibility.
I created the 2017 historical..with full minors and they do appear on the minors rosters.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-25-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #68
mywaydimag
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello--I've been playing the game for years, but have never had the need to post here before, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the right place.

I'm playing a season with historical teams from throughout the history of baseball. I'm having 2 issues, one of which is definitely a "bug" and the other is probably just a question.

1. Is there a way to have the roster for the historical team added be the end-of-season team as opposed to the beginning-of-season team? I know that there's an option for this in exhibitions but I don't see this in the custom seasons. Does anybody know?

2. In this same custom season, many of the more recent teams (2017, 2016) have duplicate players on the roster (see attached) screen shot. Is this simply a bug in the game or is there a way to fix this other than simply deleting the duplicate players?

Thanks!
Attached Images
mywaydimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #69
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

I didn't see this when I did my test of the 2017 season..however we did have problems with importation. these have supposedly been fixed for next patch later this week. We haven't gotten the beta of it yet to test and make sure. Once I get it, I'll test it and see what happens and let you know.
Thanks for reporting. It's always much appreciated.

In answer to your question about keeping opening day rosters..I've no clue, but you can try this...in ootp's stats folder you'll see 2 files. OD Rosters.csv and EOS Rosters.csv. I think thiese are what determines who's on what team at the start and end of season.
If so, then try this....make a copy of the EOSRosters.csv FIRST!! and rename it to EOSRosters.old or whatever you wish, then make a copy of the ODRosters.csv and rename it to EOSRosters.csv.
Your not going to hurt anything doing this. Theoretically teams should now keep the opening day rosters for the entire season. Now you might lose any debut players if they weren't in the original ODRosters file. If your ok with that, then go for it.
After making the above changes, restart ootp and create a test lg. and see if it works. If it doesn't then replace the EOSRosters.csv with the original copy.
Good luck and let us know if it works.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #70
mywaydimag
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for that info. I'll keep an eye out for the patch.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #71
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Just got the patch...Cody Bellinger is fixed and is on Dodgers.
Still checking on the missing 2017 debuts. I checked a few and they're in there usually with the team they started the season with (Minors).
I'll edit this post with my findings if I find any errors.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #72
computerbaseballgeek
Bat Boy

2017 MLB Debut players

I haven't tried more than a handful, but none of the players who made their MLB debut's seem to be available to import into an existing game. For example, Austin Adams adamsau02, 2017. I imported another random player who was active in 2017 but made his debut a few years later and there were no problems, but none of the players who debuted in 2018 showed up. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but...
computerbaseballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #73
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbaseballgeek View Post
I haven't tried more than a handful, but none of the players who made their MLB debut's seem to be available to import into an existing game. For example, Austin Adams adamsau02, 2017. I imported another random player who was active in 2017 but made his debut a few years later and there were no problems, but none of the players who debuted in 2018 showed up. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but...
This problem is fixed in the upcoming patch.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #74
mywaydimag
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello--unfortunately this didn't work. The historical teams still have the opening day rosters, rather than the End of Season rosters when placed in a custom season. Do you have any other suggestions or any threads I might be able to post on? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #75
Tim Tellean
Minors (Triple A)

Not sure if this is actually a bug but I am replaying the 1963 Dodger season.
The attendance and weather don't appear to be accurate but random.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:42 PM   #76
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean View Post
Not sure if this is actually a bug but I am replaying the 1963 Dodger season.
The attendance and weather don't appear to be accurate but random.
That would be because weather and attendance are randomish things. They're kind of interlinked, but they're definitely random. In the case of the weather, OOTP draws from the weather.txt file in your database which uses average temperature, average probability of precip, average wind speed for each month. In the case of attendance that comes from the total attendance for that particular season, but there will be fluctuation depending on how the team performs under your direction.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #77
Tim Tellean
Minors (Triple A)

That's odd since it is a historic replay, weather and attendance are in the real boxscore.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:36 AM   #78
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean View Post
That's odd since it is a historic replay, weather and attendance are in the real boxscore.
215,737 games in the history of baseball. More to come starting tomorrow. Should the priority be on getting the weather and the attendance correct to the exact degree and person, or should it be on getting a rough estimate based on historical averages and weather tendencies, considering that once you start replaying it, you are re-writing history anyway? If you don't perform as well as Walter Alston did, should the fans continue to come out in droves anyway? Or should there be consequences for a lack of performance? Should there be rewards for winning 100+ games and LA's first world championship? Yes, but should they be exactly the same as they were in real life down to the penny? Be careful what you wish for. It's not as easy to find all of this stuff as you might think. This is a simulation. It will have different results from RL no matter how much you try to bend it towards what happened IRL. You're only going to frustrate yourself if you try to make everything turn out exactly how it did in the box score. And where's the fun in that? Try to let go of RL baseball and immerse yourself in the world of OOTP baseball.

They are two different worlds, and although confusing them will happen to you once you really get into it (Ask me about my Victor Martinez for the HoF chat with a Tiger fan at a Jays' game one time: Whoo boy! I was confusing OOTP Victor who sailed in in one of my games with RL Victor, who while a good player, should always have to buy a ticket), keeping them separate will serve you best. Have fun, enjoy the games, and don't sweat it if your Dodgers end up suffering through brutal injuries and end up 87-75 instead. These things can happen and do happen to teams every season IRL. Why shouldn't they happen in OOTP? You want a simulation? You've come to the right place. You want to learn about real-life baseball? You've also come to the right place because you'll be looking up tons of stuff about players that you never would've cared about had you not bumped into OOTP. But if you want a boxscore, go look at a boxscore.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:23 AM   #79
Tim Tellean
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
215,737 games in the history of baseball. More to come starting tomorrow. Should the priority be on getting the weather and the attendance correct to the exact degree and person, or should it be on getting a rough estimate based on historical averages and weather tendencies, considering that once you start replaying it, you are re-writing history anyway? If you don't perform as well as Walter Alston did, should the fans continue to come out in droves anyway? Or should there be consequences for a lack of performance? Should there be rewards for winning 100+ games and LA's first world championship? Yes, but should they be exactly the same as they were in real life down to the penny? Be careful what you wish for. It's not as easy to find all of this stuff as you might think. This is a simulation. It will have different results from RL no matter how much you try to bend it towards what happened IRL. You're only going to frustrate yourself if you try to make everything turn out exactly how it did in the box score. And where's the fun in that? Try to let go of RL baseball and immerse yourself in the world of OOTP baseball.

They are two different worlds, and although confusing them will happen to you once you really get into it (Ask me about my Victor Martinez for the HoF chat with a Tiger fan at a Jays' game one time: Whoo boy! I was confusing OOTP Victor who sailed in in one of my games with RL Victor, who while a good player, should always have to buy a ticket), keeping them separate will serve you best. Have fun, enjoy the games, and don't sweat it if your Dodgers end up suffering through brutal injuries and end up 87-75 instead. These things can happen and do happen to teams every season IRL. Why shouldn't they happen in OOTP? You want a simulation? You've come to the right place. You want to learn about real-life baseball? You've also come to the right place because you'll be looking up tons of stuff about players that you never would've cared about had you not bumped into OOTP. But if you want a boxscore, go look at a boxscore.
I'm an OOTP player since the .400 Software Studio days. A tester from that time so I completely understand how the game works.
Wanting accuracy in details albeit no matter how small should not be an issue. Historic lineups are included, should they be removed? Historic stats are included, DIPS is used, should that be removed? Your argument suggests the entire game engine is invalid because it uses historic data to build the world the player chooses to play in. Historic or fictional.
I've played thousands of OOTP seasons and thousands more on other games computer and C&D so please don't tell me how to play the game.
As to finding the information its really not that hard, an entire cottage industry exist in pursuit and recordation of the data.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:20 PM   #80
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
1. Heinz Becker is listed as American instead of German and his city of birth is listed as Berlin, NH instead of Berlin, Berlin.
2. Eric Erickson seems to be missing from the database.
1. Mr Becker has birth country listed as Germany as do 46 other MLB players. I'd check in with the keepers of the world.dat file on this.

2. There are a number of Eric Erickson's in the game so you might need to be a tad more specific.