Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods > TBCB Photos

Old 01-20-2004, 05:29 PM   #21
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

It's been a while since I posted an update so here goes. The database is now 100% accurate through the letter M. The current number of photos in the archive is now 2,147. I've not been able to find only 2 fighters on boxrec so far, out of almost 2,000. Stay tuned.

Cube
Old 01-20-2004, 06:00 PM   #22
Tosti
Hall Of Famer

Top man - keep up the good work!
Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #23
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

Cube I'll keep looking for pictures of fighters you can't find. I've been looking around for photos when I can I've found some many boxers. If you are missing some just post an A.P.B. and we can all help you look. : )
crusadecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #24
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Well, one guy I know he's missing is South African heavyweight Johnny Arthur (See box.rec). I've searched high and low and checked with everyone I know, but the elusive Mister Arthur remains unfound.

Cap
Old 01-20-2004, 11:30 PM   #25
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

Yes I've looked around too. so far nothing here eithier on Johnny Arthur.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:12 PM   #26
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

Another update. Working on the letter S. 2,224 photos so far. Light at the end of the tunnel is nearing. Andreas has told me that my corrected database will be included in a future official patch.

Cube
Old 01-30-2004, 04:31 PM   #27
Kevin
All Star Reserve

Hot diggity!

This looks like it is a huge task. Many thanks for your efforts on behalf of all the players who are patiently (or not) waiting for this.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:34 PM   #28
jrmorgan56
Major Leagues

Thanks for your hard work Cube!
Old 01-30-2004, 04:53 PM   #29
dempsonny
Major Leagues

Cube,
Will we have to change names of fighters to match yours. For instance if you have Flynn_Jim and I have him listed as Fireman Jim as 1st name followed by Flynn for last name will I have to change him back for photo to show up. Also in this instance can I change his name and then download just his photo after.

Gus
Old 01-30-2004, 06:24 PM   #30
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

Since all the photos are listed using the format Lastname_Firstname, you should be able to easily isolate photos that aren't showing up. If you do use my corrected database, every photo will show up. Of course the database will not include your fighter records, etc, but it is a good way to get a fresh start with all the errors corrected.

Cube
Old 01-30-2004, 06:54 PM   #31
PittPanther
All Star Starter

This should be stickied.
Hail to Pitt!
PittPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:11 PM   #32
jabbo
Minors (Single A)

Hey Cube!

I am interested in downloading your awesome photopack, but am fearful that I will eat up all my hard drive space? Can it be segmented by weight division?
And, by the way...
Is that Buddy Rich or Boyd Raeburn's drummer?

Bob
jabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:34 AM   #33
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cubedrum
Andreas has told me that my corrected database will be included in a future official patch.
This is indeed good news. I am glad that your efforts will be utilized by the gamemakers and that everyone benefits from your hard work.

I thank you in advance and look forward to seeing the corrected database be part of the game.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 02:14 PM   #34
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

The new photopack shouldn't be any bigger than 30MB. Splitting it up into weight classes would take me a week at least, so sorry but that won't be happening. That is indeed Buddy Rich, the greatest drummer ever put on God's green earth. Hey Martin, do you have a full sized scan of your Lem Franklin avatar photo? Please send to cubedrum@yahoo.com or post here.

Thanks
Cube
Old 01-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #35
mking55
All Star Starter

Emailed the 2 I have to the address above.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:00 PM   #36
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

Thanks Martin!
I really appreciate all the submissions I'm getting. This will really be a group effort in the end. I felt I should mention a couple things about the database. When a fighter's DOB is not known, his DOB will be January 1, 21 years before his first known fight. Also if a fighter has a comeback at the end of his career after a retirement of 3+ years, will have his comeback lopped off of his career dates, and a notation made on the fighter's biography sheet. Including a couple thousand of these too, although they are small. This is for the autoscheduler, as who would want, say Alexis Arguello in a 1995 tournament, as his career as a world class fighter would be long over. I hope this isn't too controversial an action.

Cube
Old 01-31-2004, 11:55 PM   #37
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to it Cube. Just put out an apb if you are looking for a fighter I keep on going after pics when I can, I've found some off the wall fighters so any that you are missing we will all keep looking. : )
Old 02-03-2004, 09:14 PM   #38
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

This is the final update before release day. Last fighter whose data has been verified: Mike Weaver. Number of photos so far: 2269. I just may pull an all nighter after my band's show tonight and knock it out.

Cube

In case anybody cares- http://cubensis.com/
Old 02-03-2004, 10:33 PM   #39
GeorgeT
Minors (Double A)

See? That's the kind of dedication you only get from a musician ;-)

CAn't wait Cube....thanks!!

George
GeorgeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:48 PM   #40
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Hey Cube
No don't kill yourself trying to get it done we can wait at least another 30 minutes or so :-)
Being serious, a few more days is not going to hurt anyone, and i know myself when your tired its so easy to go wrong when your trying to do something, and the job becomes twice as hard.
Thanks for all your time and effort.
Danny