Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #41
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Reiterating the "old bum" thing... Tim Tebow is now playing leftfield for the mind-boggling Mets against the Astros.

Put the game on. Wow, Syndergaard needs a haircut!
Henric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #42
bborello
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That’s great. Baseball is a great game. You will catch on fast, no doubt. Good luck. Enjoy.
bborello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:09 PM   #43
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henric View Post
Ok, so here's a question. I watched the Cardinals game yesterday, and at one point they got a base hit (Edman maybe? I remember the hitter having a Swedish sounding name) and once the batter got to first base he went into the dugout and was replaced by someone else at first?! What was going on there? Did I misunderstand something?
Also just like in soccer, once a player is removed like this they cannot re-enter the game.
Crazyjoe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #44
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Put the game on. Wow, Syndergaard needs a haircut!
Flowing hair may actually be an advantage to the pitcher if it can camouflage the baseball even for a split second as it is thrown.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #45
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Flowing hair may actually be an advantage to the pitcher if it can camouflage the baseball even for a split second as it is thrown.
I’d love it for that to be true!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:34 AM   #46
Henric
Minors (Single A)

I am really keen on playing now. Ordered the book Baseball Field Guide and have watched quite a few games. I do tend to favour the Csrdinals! Their pre-season game times have been much more accessible to me in Sweden. The game seems sooo far away now!
Old 02-28-2020, 07:00 AM   #47
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

My favourite thing about baseball is it’s full of stories
Old 02-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #48
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do tend to favour the Csrdinals!
Thankfully I bought a few bottles of holy water against that. (unscrews the first one)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #49
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
For a good long time, the configurations of the leagues for Major League Baseball were as follows, for about half a century, once the classic teams were in their classic, and often original, locations:

National League:

Boston Braves (They also had other nicknames, of course [Now in Atlanta])
Brooklyn Dodgers (They also had other nicknames, of course [Now in Los Angeles])
Chicago Cubs (Was a while before they finally adopted the Cubs nickname full-time)
Cincinnati Reds
New York Giants (Among other names, of course [Now in San Francisco])
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals (They had other names earlier as well, before the Cardinals nickname stuck permanently)

American League:

Boston Red Sox (Other names are present in their franchise history)
Chicago White Sox (Other names present as well in their history)
Cleveland Indians (Other names present as well in their history)
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees (Were the Baltimore Orioles, essentially, early on, before moving to New York and spending some time as the Highlanders, if I remember correctly)
Philadelphia Athletics (Among other names, if I remember correctly [Now in Oakland])
St. Louis Browns (Spent some time in Milwaukee before St. Louis [Now in Baltimore])
Washington Senators (Among other names, I believe [Now in Minnesota])

There was a Federal League around in the middle 1910's, but it didn't last long, in truth. And there was an abortive attempt at creating another major league called the Continental League in the late 1950's to early 1960's, but when MLB decided to expand, that attempt died quickly.

That brought on the expansion era, in quick succession. And led to more teams being created and other changes, some of which, many people do not like, of course. For me, I don't like the DH, never have, and never will. Nor the number of odd divisions per league, among others, for sure.

I have many more thoughts about baseball-related things and all to share, I'm sure, if anyone is willing to consider them, and all, of course. I know a good deal about baseball-related things, but there are many other things about baseball or related to baseball that I don't know, obviously, as well.

Feel free to ask more questions, and I'll answer your questions as best as I can, when I can, and all, henric. That goes for any of the rest of you as well, by the way, folks.

Until next time, I'll close this post here, for I have other things to do today, most likely, whatever those might be. Take care, and may God bless you all, as He wills and all, of course. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #50
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
What do you have against the Cardinals, Westheim? Just curious, that's all.

Do you know that even though we have more National League pennants and more World Series titles at present than the Cubs franchise to date, if I remember correctly, that they still have an overall head-to-head advantage over us in our respective franchises' histories, over more than a century's worth of such competition? That's not necessarily the main reason, probably, that I don't like them much, but that may be part of it, in truth. It could also be said, perhaps, that our rivalry with them is the best overall rivalry in sports history, bar none, by some, including me. Of course, others may disagree, but that's the view of this diehard Cardinals fan, at least.

Many players have played for both the Cubs and the Cardinals, even my all-time favorite player, Bruce Sutter. Of all the Cardinals' opponents, I look forwards to games against the Cubs most of all, I think, whenever I can and all. Not saying that the other teams in our league aren't important either, of course, but I consider the Cubs the Cardinals' best overall rival, and have for much of my life, if I remember correctly.

It is my opinion that the Astros should never have left the National League, and that the Brewers should have stayed in the American League. But Selig and others were foolish, and messed up a lot of things while he was in charge of baseball, in my view. Many of you may not agree, but that's just how I feel about certain baseball-related matters, folks.

Will probably write more in this thread later, of course, but don't know just when yet, obviously. Until later, then, I'll close this. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-28-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #51
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thankfully I bought a few bottles of holy water against that. (unscrews the first one)
I can still be convinced!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #52
Henric
Minors (Single A)

I'm not entirely sure I can keep myself from purchasing OOtP 20 as well just to get stuck in today... My wallet is crying.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #53
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure I can keep myself from purchasing OOtP 20 as well just to get stuck in today... My wallet is crying.
Just play the demo and watch YouTube videos of xx to get you ready for 21
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #54
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Didn't realize there's a demo! Thanks! Also, I'm on the phone so accidentaly sent the response via pm.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #55
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
I do tend to favour the Cardinals!

If you want drama and storylines, though, the Red Sox are second to none. They have had heart ache and triumph! The lowest of lows (what should have been an easy play to win the World Series going wrong) to the highest of highs (being the first baseball team ever to come back from down three games to zero in the playoffs).

I love my Red Sox!

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:55 AM   #56
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Why not the biggest losers of all time in all of the world's sports

Your Philadelphia Fightin Phillies

They could certainly use the wins
Old 02-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #57
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Why not the biggest losers of all time in all of the world's sports

Your Philadelphia Fightin Phillies

They could certainly use the wins

Haha, yeah, as a hockey fan (Red Wings) I know all about losing.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #58
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Haha, yeah, as a hockey fan (Red Wings) I know all about losing.
And if I can upsell the Philadelphia Phillies further I know you said you are in Sweden......

Before Philadelphia was Philadelphia it was "New Sweeden". Philadelphia's official city's colors are based on Sweden's colors. The Swedish National Museum is right down the street from where the Phillies Stadium is located.

Philadelphia has a neighborhood/section of the city named Queen Village after Queen Christina of Sweden. And Christian Street is also named for her.

Philly's oldest surviving building is from the New Sweden timeframe aka Swedes' Church building.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #59
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
And if I can upsell the Philadelphia Phillies further I know you said you are in Sweden......

Before Philadelphia was Philadelphia it was "New Sweeden". Philadelphia's official city's colors are based on Sweden's colors. The Swedish National Museum is right down the street from where the Phillies Stadium is located.

Philadelphia has a neighborhood/section of the city named Queen Village after Queen Christina of Sweden. And Christian Street is also named for her.

Philly's oldest surviving building is from the New Sweden timeframe aka Swedes' Church building.
Didn't know about the museum. Really interesting!
Old 02-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #60
Henric
Minors (Single A)

Been looking through Foolish Baseball's video tutorials and they are excellent. Still, will take quite a bit of work for me to be able to put a team together I think.