Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-19-2019, 05:39 AM   #1
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Too many shots on goal

Just had a game in my 82/83 historical season and a team had 64 SOG. I remember this being a problem with other versions too and i thought it was fixed
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

With all the due respect, one game is certainly not enough of a sample to jump to conclusions
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
Just had a game in my 82/83 historical season and a team had 64 SOG. I remember this being a problem with other versions too and i thought it was fixed

It's one game. Ron Tugnutt says hi and raises you a dozen more shots.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
As others have pointed out, one game isn't a big sample size. But there's other factors like your tactics can affect how many shots you're giving up (as well as how good your team is).

But for the record, the average team in the NHL in 1982/83 season gave up 2,444 shots against in the year. On an 80 game schedule, that's a little over 30.5 shots a game.

I'm going to say you'll likely fall in somewhere around there by the end of the year, but if it's drastically higher, we'd probably want to see exactly what's going on.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #5
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

It's not only one game, just had another one with 67, and another with 59. I'm checking only my team (Boston) so who knows what happened in ather games. The examples you made are ALL TIME record in over 100 years of nhl history and in my first run with the game i almost broke it
Old 10-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #6
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

If you played a full season, you can post the season total and the guys can see if there's anything wrong. A few games aren't a sample big enough, otherwise you look like Sabres' GM yelling at the game engine because Kasparaitis scored in OT in the playoffs. Kasparaitis never scores, right?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #7
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

just completed the 83/84 season with the Bruins: the team leader in Shots are the Oilers with 3817, the Bruins had 3018 (38 per game). In real life the Oilers had 2611 shots and the Bruins 2397
Old 10-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

The leaguewide shot numbers for 83-84 aren't too far off, so it looks like this is likely mainly a ratings issue - I've made a few teams too good, and/or some too weak. It can be a little difficult to separate player performance on really good teams from the effect of having good teammates, and if I'm too generous, the effects tend to stack up and make the team even better than it actually was. The mid-80's Oilers and early-80's Islanders in the game are two of the more obvious cases. I'll do some re-rating to try to get them a little closer in line with reality.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #9
GoLeafsGo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In my 86-87 season the Oilers only lost 3 games and had 200 more goals than second best and averaged almost 20 shots more per game than second best. They were pretty good though haha.
GoLeafsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #10
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The leaguewide shot numbers for 83-84 aren't too far off, so it looks like this is likely mainly a ratings issue - I've made a few teams too good, and/or some too weak. It can be a little difficult to separate player performance on really good teams from the effect of having good teammates, and if I'm too generous, the effects tend to stack up and make the team even better than it actually was. The mid-80's Oilers and early-80's Islanders in the game are two of the more obvious cases. I'll do some re-rating to try to get them a little closer in line with reality.
Do you think something could be done in time for the next patch? Started the 84/85 season and after 14 games the oilers are averaging 50 shots per game. This take away all the fun from the game
Old 10-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Do you think something could be done in time for the next patch? Started the 84/85 season and after 14 games the oilers are averaging 50 shots per game. This take away all the fun from the game
I've been working on it, going to test the new data next week. That version will probably be in the next update, if more changes are needed after that I'll keep adjusting.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #12
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I've been working on it, going to test the new data next week. That version will probably be in the next update, if more changes are needed after that I'll keep adjusting.
OK thanks
Old 10-29-2019, 10:08 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Update on this: in 84-85, the rest of the league is a little better balanced now, but the Oilers are still way too far out in front. Most of it seems to be coming from their top guys, so I'm going to have to take them down a little more, probably trading off shot accuracy vs. frequency to see if I can get them to shot less often but keep their G/A totals where they should be. The first round of changes will be in the next update, but those later ones will probably have to wait for the one after that.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:35 AM   #14
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Update on this: in 84-85, the rest of the league is a little better balanced now, but the Oilers are still way too far out in front. Most of it seems to be coming from their top guys, so I'm going to have to take them down a little more, probably trading off shot accuracy vs. frequency to see if I can get them to shot less often but keep their G/A totals where they should be. The first round of changes will be in the next update, but those later ones will probably have to wait for the one after that.
Hi Jeff any news on this after the latest patch?