Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
Mark82
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Football sims?

What are the best football sims on the market today?
Old 09-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

The only options that I'm aware of besides Madden is currently Front Office Football 8 and Wolverine Studios Football game.

I still play a lot of FOF8 to tie me over but the GUI is terrible with outdated rosters.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-02-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Actually there are a few others the best of which is probably Second and Ten from Roo Games in England. Difficult but possible to run careers lots of historical rosters---nice game.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:32 AM   #4
Maruko
Bat Boy

Do you know Action Pc Football of Dave Koch sports game?
It's a very very accurate simulation of football i like so much. Exist in Pro and College version, you can buy the seasons.
The only limit is that you can play only single seasons
Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #5
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

DDSPF 20 from Wolverine Studios just came out and you can run 2 years in the Demo. This has been a huge upgrade from 19.

Edit: Here is a review from Operation Sports.

https://www.operationsports.com/draf...l-2020-review/

Last edited by gbmoore121; 09-04-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

This may be the new go to football sim. It’s a shame FOF 9 isn’t out to create some real competition in this genre.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
This may be the new go to football sim. It’s a shame FOF 9 isn’t out to create some real competition in this genre.
I'd still take FOF8 over the Wolverine Studios game
Old 09-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
I'd still take FOF8 over the Wolverine Studios game
This one isn't looking too bad from what I am gathering.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:52 AM   #9
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Axis Football 2019
Pro Strategy Football 2020 all coming out this month.

I find that pro strategy gives good results for stats, I'm not sure about Axis.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:23 AM   #10
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

Has anyone played any of these. I am finally ready to take the leap. Sick and tired of waiting for fof. Never heard of pro strategy but it looks great
Old 09-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #11
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I think I might pick up DDSPF 2020.....it’s getting very good marks from the few reviews and YouTube videos I have come across. Everyone who has tried it says it’s vastly improved from previous versions, and is very much on par with FOF.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #12
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
I think I might pick up DDSPF 2020.....it’s getting very good marks from the few reviews and YouTube videos I have come across. Everyone who has tried it says it’s vastly improved from previous versions, and is very much on par with FOF.
I tried the demo and liked it a lot. Not surprised that it's getting favorable reviews. I'll be purchasing it in the very near future.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #13
Mark82
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I do think this is the one! Thanks to everyone responding!
Old 09-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm really enjoying it, and I've joined a great online league too which helps as well. There are still openings as well, and it's a long-time league with great people running it that is in 2033 in-game, so it's been around for many real-life years and you know isn't going anywhere.

We are just winding up the 2033 draft, so a good time to jump in... Anyone who has the game let me know if you're looking for a league, there are openings in the one I'm in (Weekend Warriors Pro Football)
Old 09-14-2019, 04:02 AM   #15
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I'm really enjoying it, and I've joined a great online league too which helps as well. There are still openings as well, and it's a long-time league with great people running it that is in 2033 in-game, so it's been around for many real-life years and you know isn't going anywhere.

We are just winding up the 2033 draft, so a good time to jump in... Anyone who has the game let me know if you're looking for a league, there are openings in the one I'm in (Weekend Warriors Pro Football)

Just brought the game so will be joining one soon, just need them mighty Raiders to become available, 1st thoughts on the game is it looks good
Old 09-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #16
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
It's match engine is its biggest strength. I dislike the interface but other than that it's really enjoyable. I think I'll prefer playing FOF9 because if its really a product alike OOTP and FHM, it's depth will be out of this world (just like FOF8's depth is, but the interface makes it hard to find stuff.)

Try the demo out. It might be a good hold over.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #17
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
It's match engine is its biggest strength. I dislike the interface but other than that it's really enjoyable. I think I'll prefer playing FOF9 because if its really a product alike OOTP and FHM, it's depth will be out of this world (just like FOF8's depth is, but the interface makes it hard to find stuff.)

Try the demo out. It might be a good hold over.
Could you expand in why the engine is the biggest strength?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #18
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Could you expand in why the engine is the biggest strength?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Reminds me of Football Manger with all the 2D dots showing the plays.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #19
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Reminds me of Football Manger with all the 2D dots showing the plays.
But that's doesn't demonstrate the engine is strong, that demonstrates that has visual graphics, which is a completely different matter.

A strong engine presents expected results for the ratings of the players, of course with a little variance to make it fun but not a lottery, does this game have this??
Old 09-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #20
sdoug78
Minors (Rookie Ball)

DDSPF20 on Mac

Has anybody tried to play this on a mac using any windows emulator programmes, and if so does it work?

I am looking for something to tide me over until FOF comes out, a sim based game with as in depth franchise mode as possible and DDSPF20 seems to be the best around at the moment.