Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

28-Team, 108-game Schedule Request

I am requesting a schedule not for a major league, but for a minor league for my fictional league.

The concept is 1 subleague and 1 division of all 28 teams, similar to any European soccer league. Each team plays each other 4 times in the season (1 2-game home series and 1 2-game away series), for a total of 108 games for each team. To that point, there's no interleague, nor an All-Star game.

I'd like the league to start on May 1, and have the regular season end sometime in mid-August if possible. If things need to be spread out a little more, that's fine. The top 6 teams would make the playoffs, with the 3-6 place teams playing a one-game "Play-in round", the semifinals being a best of 3, and the finals being a best of 5.

Would anyone be willing to take this up?

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 07-21-2019 at 05:55 PM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Do you always want to start on May 1, regardless of what day of the week that is?

Talking in terms of no doubleheaders since my default is to work that way... May 1 to August 16 is 108 days. So zero offdays fits pretty much exactly in your timeframe. Is that okay? If timeframe was not specified I would probably scatter in 11 offdays to get to 119 days, which is exactly 17 weeks and puts offdays at a rate nearly at that MLB has.

It is completely your call on what you want. However many offdays you want does not affect the build of the matchups. But if you want a significant number of offdays (such as the 11 number I tossed out), you should say if you want to strictly stretch out the timeframe at the end or if you want to start earlier at all.

If you wanted to get to offdays with doubleheaders that would be possible too.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
Do you always want to start on May 1, regardless of what day of the week that is?

Talking in terms of no doubleheaders since my default is to work that way... May 1 to August 16 is 108 days. So zero offdays fits pretty much exactly in your timeframe. Is that okay? If timeframe was not specified I would probably scatter in 11 offdays to get to 119 days, which is exactly 17 weeks and puts offdays at a rate nearly at that MLB has.

It is completely your call on what you want. However many offdays you want does not affect the build of the matchups. But if you want a significant number of offdays (such as the 11 number I tossed out), you should say if you want to strictly stretch out the timeframe at the end or if you want to start earlier at all.

If you wanted to get to offdays with doubleheaders that would be possible too.
Yeah, we could probably throw in some off days, and start on May 1 every year (if that's possible), that would work. Hopefully that doesn't put too much more work on you.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 07-23-2019, 01:54 AM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Yeah, we could probably throw in some off days, and start on May 1 every year (if that's possible), that would work. Hopefully that doesn't put too much more work on you.
No problem. The matchups are laid out, so now it is a matter of just dropping in the offdays. Exactly how many offdays do you want?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
No problem. The matchups are laid out, so now it is a matter of just dropping in the offdays. Exactly how many offdays do you want?
About as many as you mentioned in your previous post, so about 11.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:06 AM   #6
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 28 team schedule, 108 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 1 division of 28 teams
#
#
# 4 games against 27 other teams in division (2H/2A)
#
# balanced schedule
#
#
# Each team plays every other team
# one series in first half of season
# and one in the second half of season
#
# All games in 2-game series
#
# Offdays occur one every 4-6 series
#
# No more than 5 consecutive series played home or away
#
# Season begins May 1
# Season ends August 27
# Season spans 119 days
#
# No specified All-Star Game
#
# Built 2019-07-25
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 28team108_1128_a_gmo.lsdl (75.4 KB, 89 views)
Old 07-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #7
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Thanks so much, man! Appreciate it!

Old 07-25-2019, 10:34 AM   #8
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I don't know why, but I'm getting an error trying to import the schedule, saying the schedule has a different setup as the current league. I don't know why I'm getting the error, I have 1 subleague with 1 division of 28 teams...

Old 07-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #9
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I think the file details are correct. Do you have the "Use Balanced Schedule Format" checkbox marked under Schedule Settings under Options of Game Settings? And the Interleague Play Enabled checkbox unmarked?
Old 07-27-2019, 09:39 AM   #10
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
I think the file details are correct. Do you have the "Use Balanced Schedule Format" checkbox marked under Schedule Settings under Options of Game Settings? And the Interleague Play Enabled checkbox unmarked?
Yep. Both things have been done. Here's the error I get, along with the structure of the league as it is now.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by dishnet34; 07-27-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:31 PM   #11
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Yep. Both things have been done. Here's the error I get, along with the structure of the league as it is now.
I tried it and got the same error. So I employed a back-door approach to diagnosing the problem. I had the game generate a schedule and downloaded it. I then compared the header information from the game-generated schedule with gmo's schedule. The difference between the two is that the game-generated schedule did not have the information highlighted below:

<SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G108_SL1_D1_T28_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="108" start_month="5" start_day="1">

By eliminating that information in gmo's schedule, you can now use it for your league. So either delete that text or else copy-and-paste the following over the existing header:

<SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G108_T28_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="108" start_month="5" start_day="1">

Frankly, I'm not sure why that should make a difference, but it does.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote