Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #1
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Live Cards Ratings & Roster Update #2

Here is this week's Live Card ratings & roster update which is now available in Perfect Team.
Attached Files
File Type: csv live_update.csv (26.2 KB, 308 views)

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-15-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We have further tweaked the rating algorithm, so you may see slight changes to players who did not even play this past week. From this point on the rating algorithm is final and things will be stable in the future
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So one head-scratcher, Max Fried was a pitcher who was supposed to languish in the minors for Atlanta this season. Instead he has been lights-out so far, with no earned runs in 13 2/3 innings and is now expected to stay in the starting rotation even when the players get off the disabled list. But you have him falling in the ratings from 70 before the season to 66 now. I see other players on the same team that have underperformed but have been rewarded by ratings increases. What are you basing this on then?
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #4
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

thanks for this!
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So one head-scratcher, Max Fried was a pitcher who was supposed to languish in the minors for Atlanta this season. Instead he has been lights-out so far, with no earned runs in 13 2/3 innings and is now expected to stay in the starting rotation even when the players get off the disabled list. But you have him falling in the ratings from 70 before the season to 66 now. I see other players on the same team that have underperformed but have been rewarded by ratings increases. What are you basing this on then?
I can't speak to it 100%, but most likely partly due to his K rate still being pretty low, and as well, the fact that he has both started and relieved this year the automatic update is likely still rating him as a reliever, and so gets depressed in overall ratings.

He might be a good player to buy, though, since obviously if he keeps it up, he'll certainly be moving back up the ratings
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #6
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

Uh why does the Sheet have Eloy as a 94 overall whereas Tatis has been better and is an 86? Also Alonso a 91? You're seriously overestimating these rookies.
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieran View Post
Uh why does the Sheet have Eloy as a 94 overall whereas Tatis has been better and is an 86? Also Alonso a 91? You're seriously overestimating these rookies.
This is not totally based on their performance so far, it's also based on their base ratings/projections as well, and since Eloy's was higher than Tatis, he starts off higher.

As to whether we're overrating them or not, that remains to be seen. We may be overrating them indeed, they do start off pretty high, but you'd have said the same thing if we'd had Juan Soto rated as a high 90's player at the beginning of last year.

Top prospects as rookies the last few years sure seem to be able to hit the ground running in many cases, and some of them have put up pretty amazing performances.

Tatis and Alonso have all started off in the same vein, with blazing hot starts while Eloy has swung a solid bat so far. Plus, all three are elite prospects, with really high expectations.

They might not keep it up, but if so their ratings will fall. If they do keep it up, they're probably rated pretty fairly.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-15-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #8
herbyhancok
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, I'm fine with the rookies being rated whatever. I just wish the updates reflected the on-field performance so guys would move towards a rating that mirrors their real-life accomplishments.
herbyhancok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #9
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

hopefully it's true this is the last time the baseline is readjusted and things will start to make more sense going forward

I get the difference between predictive vs descriptive numbers and someones underlying metrics can be masked by good luck, but right now there are a lot of cases of plain silliness like aj minter's 3 strikeouts and 1 walk over three innings earning a bump from 87 to 92
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #10
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
Here is this week's Live Card ratings & roster update which is now available in Perfect Team.
Much appreciated. This shows rating changes compared to the original, Week 0 value (i.e. Anthony Rendon still shows up as a 100 even though he didn't move over the last week). Is there anything that shows changes just compared to last week?
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #11
herbyhancok
Minors (Single A)

If you have experience with Excel just copy the value column from last week's spreadsheet, insert it then just do a column of cells subtracting the difference.

*Doh, nevermind I forgot that not all players are listed. So the fields wouldnt be the same.

Last edited by herbyhancok; 04-15-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Bad Advice
herbyhancok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #12
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbyhancok View Post
If you have experience with Excel just copy the value column from last week's spreadsheet, insert it then just do a column of cells subtracting the difference.

*Doh, nevermind I forgot that not all players are listed. So the fields wouldnt be the same.
I mean, you could do vlookup and such, but seeing the weekly difference isn't *that* important to me...
Old 04-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Here (I think) should be the version with the weekly difference:
XLsX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp1prab98w...2015.xlsx?dl=0
CSV: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl6a4j424m...%2015.csv?dl=0

Just using a basic vlookup so it's possible that some matches may not work, but if anyone wants the quick lookup of this week's diff here they are
Old 04-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
Stacopanks
Minors (Single A)

Sean Doolittle is 3-0 1 save 0 era and he has gone down 5 overall since the game has started...

aj minter 0-1 4.50 era 4 ip 4 k 1.75 whip he has gone up 5!

Something is wrong with the ratings...
Stacopanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #15
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacopanks View Post
Sean Doolittle is 3-0 1 save 0 era and he has gone down 5 overall since the game has started...

Sean Doolittle's K/9 is down on his projections and his BB/9 is up. HR/9 is down (at zero) but the algorithm is likely skeptical on that. I doubt that Wins/Saves/ERA factors into the rating at all.

I've got nothing on Minter though.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #16
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacopanks View Post

Right or wrong it could be an opportunity to buy someone low and sell someone high. I haven't looked AH Doolittle up but if people are panicking because they see that little -5 red number on their player's card and he's pitching that well it might be a buying oppo.
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #17
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Here (I think) should be the version with the weekly difference:
XLsX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp1prab98w...2015.xlsx?dl=0
CSV: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl6a4j424m...%2015.csv?dl=0

Just using a basic vlookup so it's possible that some matches may not work, but if anyone wants the quick lookup of this week's diff here they are
Thanks for putting this together. It still seems off a little. For example, it shows Chapman and Scherzer with changes of 0 even though they moved to 100. At initial glance my guess is this returned the expected result if a player changed value each of these two weeks.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #18
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Thanks for putting this together. It still seems off a little. For example, it shows Chapman and Scherzer with changes of 0 even though they moved to 100. At initial glance my guess is this returned the expected result if a player changed value each of these two weeks.
Yeah, sorry looks like I had a wrong default value. Just updated again to hopefully fix that.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:00 AM   #19
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Did all the new cards get added to the game? Looks like there were 31 cards on the list that are brand new to the game, but the total count only went from 1037 to 1066 (29). I'm down to 9 more MLB LIVE Cards left to get, but 11 possibilities on the sheet. Did a few guys on the list not make the game?
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:08 AM   #20
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Yes, I'd like to see the list of the 29 new cards myself, I was down to just needing one card in the first week, and I didn't have time to go after many of the 30 cards added in the second week, but at least I have the list y'all posted.

Currently 29 cards short.... all from the 59 added after the season began.

Last edited by 2002halos; 04-16-2019 at 08:40 AM.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote