Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Caporegime
All Star Starter

With begging bowl in hand, I come to thee

Please give us the option in 20 to control the number of, or to exclude entirely, foreign personnel in our leagues.

Nothing puts a damper on immersion for me quicker than trying to set up a realistic contemporary baseball universe which includes MLB, ***, CPBL and the KBO only to see within a couple of years of simming a Japanese GM hired by the Yankees, a Korean manager take the reigns of the Cubs, and Terry Francona bidding "sayonara" to his family & friends in the States to go manage the Orix Buffaloes.

The results have been even more stultifying whenever I've tried to incorporate fictional foreign leagues into historical MLB sims. I mean, can anyone really imagine Billy Martin managing in Taiwan, or the St. Louis Browns hiring a Japanese trainer at the height of WW2?

Pleeeeease give us this option.

Thank you.

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-17-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Rather than making this an option...I would rather see the entire staff system revamped...to the point where languages and culture mainly dictate where the staff works.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Excellent idea - please put it in the suggestions forum http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3866 where development staff is more likely to see it.

Thank you.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

can we only control the player nationalities?

try setting a region for the league? think default is "no region"

no idea if that matters... seems worth a look, if it is important to you though.

OH! we have access to the names file, don't we? you could edit it... or cut and paste to a new file etc and replace original.

may need to search forums... pretty sure this is doable. we can change the names used and their proportions in that file i think?
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #5
TomVeal
All Star Starter

In OOTP 19, foreign managers and coaches will often refuse to work in the U.S. I believe, but haven't checked, that the converse applies. Nonetheless, MLB coaching staffs in the game do seem to have far greater nationality diversification than in real life. This is only a cosmetic issue, but I can see how some OOTP players would find it irritating.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:25 AM   #6
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Excellent idea - please put it in the suggestions forum http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3866 where development staff is more likely to see it.

Thank you.
Done. I wasn't sure if anyone was still checking in there this late in the game. It seems kinda desolate over there. A large number of threads have zero replies.

Besides, isn't Markus kinda like God? I thought he could hear our prayers no matter where we make them.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:34 AM   #7
Caporegime
All Star Starter

U
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
can we only control the player nationalities?

try setting a region for the league? think default is "no region"

no idea if that matters... seems worth a look, if it is important to you though.

OH! we have access to the names file, don't we? you could edit it... or cut and paste to a new file etc and replace original.

may need to search forums... pretty sure this is doable. we can change the names used and their proportions in that file i think?
At one time, there were workarounds of varying length and complexity for just about every option and feature that was eventually incorporated into the game.

And, then, such features (expansion, promotion/relegation, etc., etc.,) actually were incorporated into the game upon user request and the game became more functional and fun. That's what new versions are for.

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-18-2019 at 03:53 AM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:33 AM   #8
Mat
All Star Reserve

It would be great to have an option under the settings > player. And dictate which nationalities are created for coaches.

You can sort of do this now with default player origin but that obviously restricts players and coaches.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote