Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 AM   #1
seven
All Star Reserve

How do you get to see a game played out?

In FHM2 games scheduled for a particular day each had a "View" button allowing one to watch the game... any game. In FMH3, operating in commissioner mode without being GM or Coach of any team, I do not see any such button in either Path to Glory or a Sandbox mode. Is there no way to see any particular game play out??
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:55 AM   #2
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
In FHM2 games scheduled for a particular day each had a "View" button allowing one to watch the game... any game. In FMH3, operating in commissioner mode without being GM or Coach of any team, I do not see any such button in either Path to Glory or a Sandbox mode. Is there no way to see any particular game play out??
If "Show Games" is activated on the "Manager Options" screen you will automatically enter the games with the Play Game / Finish Today button on the top right of your screen.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I'm on day one of the NHL regular season with the 4 games listed. I see the finish today tab but no play game tab. I have the show games checked off. I'm in commish mode.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:40 PM   #4
seven
All Star Reserve

I'm in the same spot as Oriole. The Show games box is checked under Manager options for both the Path to Glory and the Sandbox games that I started and neither offers a view button on any scheduled game.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:46 AM   #5
seven
All Star Reserve

Just to be clear, here is what I mean about not being able to play out a game. My expectation from FHM2 is that there would be a Play or View button where the ovals are in the display below, allowing one to view any of the scheduled games.
Attached Images
Old 10-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

It's been along time since I played FHM2 ,so I can't remember what I did too view the games compared too this year's version. I wonder if it's changed?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-19-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Any word about this problem?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #8
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Just to be clear, here is what I mean about not being able to play out a game. My expectation from FHM2 is that there would be a Play or View button where the ovals are in the display below, allowing one to view any of the scheduled games.
The Play or View buttons on the schedule screen don't exist anymore. The only way to play a game is to use the Play Game / Finish Today button on the top right of the screen.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #9
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The screen only shows Finish Today. There is a play button ,but I press it and nothing happens. The screen remains the same. I pressed the finish today button and it didn't do anything but finished the day when I wanted too play out the games.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #10
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
Any possibility of bringing this back? It's kind of hard to monitor a team if you have to sim the day, go back, and then click the boxscore rather than click "Play Game" or "Sim Game"
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #11
seven
All Star Reserve

Ryan W makes a good point. From Malte's response, it seems as though there is no way to play out a game. But in another thread, I think I saw someone mention that when they opted to sim to end of period, the simulation stopped whenever a goal was scored. That makes it seem that there is a way to play out a game. But I still have not figured out how. None of the responses by OOTP staff have provided clear enough information so far.

Maybe it's the case that the only games you can watch are the ones played by the team you are managing. Is that so? That seems very restrictive, especially if you are unemployed, and would be a step backward from FHM2.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:07 PM   #12
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ryan W makes a good point. From Malte's response, it seems as though there is no way to play out a game. But in another thread, I think I saw someone mention that when they opted to sim to end of period, the simulation stopped whenever a goal was scored. That makes it seem that there is a way to play out a game. But I still have not figured out how. None of the responses by OOTP staff have provided clear enough information so far.

Maybe it's the case that the only games you can watch are the ones played by the team you are managing. Is that so? That seems very restrictive, especially if you are unemployed, and would be a step backward from FHM2.

Was there a mention anywhere that the game engine was discontinued?

If so, (commish mode,unemployed) they have taken a lot of the enjoyment out of the game. Might as well pull the score of every game out of a hat.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-19-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:35 PM   #13
seven
All Star Reserve

I'm afraid I agree with Orioles 1966. Playing out games was critical for me, and I mean playing out any game, not just the game of a team I might be managing. I looked carefully at the manual and the excerpt below suggests that the only games you can watch are those played by the one and only team that you manage. To test this, I set up a new league, putting myself in as manager for Montreal. Sure enough, on opening day for Montreal, I had the option to play the game against Pittsburgh. But no other game could be played.

For some reason, the OOPT staff responding in this thread did not mention this game-play restriction. Maybe I'm wrong, but the manual strongly implies that this constraint has been put into place in FHM3. This is a major disappointment and I think this is a deal-breaker for me. I would not have bought this version had I known. Hopefully the play-any-game option will return in a future version.
Attached Images
Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 PM   #14
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The Play menu-or if you want to watch individual games being played. That sounds like you should be able too watch any game.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:11 AM   #15
Chomps
Major Leagues

JeffR said in the Live Twitch Stream, that this would be looked into and fixed in a later build, if I understood him correctly.

It would be nice if he will comment directly on this issue.

Last edited by Chomps; 10-20-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:21 AM   #16
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I hope he does comment cuz that option should definitely be brought back.... don't see any reason why it would be taken away
Panthersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:31 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
JeffR said in the Live Twitch Stream, that this would be looked into and fixed in a later build, if I understood him correctly.

It would be nice if he will comment directly on this issue.
Well, I said I think it should be changed back to the way it was before. There may be technical issues preventing doing it exactly that way; I'm not sure at this point. I'm putting it on the request list and we'll have to see what Sebastian and Malte can do.

And there seems to be some confusion in the thread over whether or not you can watch your own team's games. You can always do that, it's just the ability to watch games that involve two teams you're not managing that isn't there now.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-20-2016 at 02:34 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #18
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What was the point of even having that option taken away to begin with I wonder Jeff, any idea? I mean the ability to watch any two teams, I guess behind the scenes there had to be a reason, but for someone who is PC game making dumb like me it only seems like a negative to do so with zero positive reason haha
Old 10-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think there may have been an issue with the order the games had to be played in if your team was active on that day. Can't remember for sure right now, though.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #20
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I think there may have been an issue with the order the games had to be played in if your team was active on that day. Can't remember for sure right now, though.
Oh ok! I was just curious, thanks so much for replying I know you're super busy!