Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 09-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
NeuroticTruth
Minors (Double A)

34 Team 166 Game Schedule

I'm expanding my league to 34 teams in the next offseason and was wondering if anyone had a quick way to generate the schedule(s) I was hoping for. In the past when I expanded to 32 teams I created the schedule(s) by hand, which was not fun to say the least.

I know what I'm looking for is very specific and if its not do-able because of it, I apologize in advance.

My league structure will be SL1_D1_T4_D2_T4_D3_T4_D4_T5_SL2_D1_T4_D2_T4_D3_T4_ D4_T5 and I'm looking for a 166 game schedule.

In terms of schedule structure I'm looking for something very specific.
All games should start at 900.
All-Star break should be day 92, 93, 94, and 95.
Scheduling breakdown per team would look like the following:
Teams 13-17 & 30-34:
Division - 4 x 16 - 64
Sub League - 12 x 6 - 72
Interleague - 5 x 6 - 30
Total: 166

Teams 1-12 & 18-29:
Division - 4 x 16 - 64
Sub League - 13 x 6 - 78
Interleague - 4 x 6 - 24

The idea for interleague is that SL1_D1 would play SL2_D2 in year 1 and then they would rotate so they play each division over the course of 4 years. This does require Teams 1-12 & 18-29 to drop the extra Subleague series when they play the 5 team division in interleague.

In our current schedule everyone shares off days. You play a 4 game divisional series and then two 3 game series against other subleague / interleague opponents. I'd like to keep that structure with the exception of the all-star break which will be sandwhiched between a 3 game series on each side.

I've included a link to a spreadsheet that I'm filling out that will hopefully visualize my ideas to a better extent. It can be found here.

Hopefully someone is able / willing to help me put the 4 seasons into code. I'd even be willing to throw them a cash donation via PayPal for this assistance.
NeuroticTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroticTruth View Post
I'm expanding my league to 34 teams in the next offseason and was wondering if anyone had a quick way to generate the schedule(s) I was hoping for. In the past when I expanded to 32 teams I created the schedule(s) by hand, which was not fun to say the least.

I know what I'm looking for is very specific and if its not do-able because of it, I apologize in advance.

My league structure will be SL1_D1_T4_D2_T4_D3_T4_D4_T5_SL2_D1_T4_D2_T4_D3_T4_ D4_T5 and I'm looking for a 166 game schedule.

In terms of schedule structure I'm looking for something very specific.
All games should start at 900.
All-Star break should be day 92, 93, 94, and 95.
Scheduling breakdown per team would look like the following:
Teams 13-17 & 30-34:
Division - 4 x 16 - 64
Sub League - 12 x 6 - 72
Interleague - 5 x 6 - 30

Teams 1-12 & 18-29:
Division - 4 x 16 - 64 You would only have 3 opponents not 4
Maybe you can change to 3x21 for 63 with an random game added in division, this will change your proposed schedule set up though, I think.
Sub League - 13 x 6 - 78
Interleague - 4 x 6 - 24

The idea for interleague is that SL1_D1 would play SL2_D2 in year 1 and then they would rotate so they play each division over the course of 4 years. This does require Teams 1-12 & 18-29 to drop the extra Subleague series when they play the 5 team division in interleague.

In our current schedule everyone shares off days. You play a 4 game divisional series and then two 3 game series against other subleague / interleague opponents. I'd like to keep that structure with the exception of the all-star break which will be sandwhiched between a 3 game series on each side.

I've included a link to a spreadsheet that I'm filling out that will hopefully visualize my ideas to a better extent. It can be found here.

Hopefully someone is able / willing to help me put the 4 seasons into code. I'd even be willing to throw them a cash donation via PayPal for this assistance.
I have made some points above about the schedule.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:28 PM   #3
NeuroticTruth
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I have made some points above about the schedule.
With the structure of the league I would like the divisions that only have 4 teams in them to play their three other teams and then one random team every year. Its important to our structure and ladder system that the amount of division games stay the same.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #4
NeuroticTruth
Minors (Double A)

The more I delve into this the more I realize that the offdays cant be the same etc like we currently have due to the odd number in division 4. Unfortunate but thats just the way it is.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroticTruth View Post
With the structure of the league I would like the divisions that only have 4 teams in them to play their three other teams and then one random team every year. Its important to our structure and ladder system that the amount of division games stay the same.
When you day random team do you mean another team in the division, giving them 32 games rather that 16?

Also having 21 games x 3 teams with one game added to each team would still give you the 64 games.

I am asking because I need to fully understand this before I can see the solution. The odd division will make it a bit tricky because one team each series would play outside the division so I need to plan out a rotation system for the odd man out. I have done these type of schedules in the past - an example on the boards it the post with the 28 team 7-7-7-7 format or I had a real challenge where I had 25teams/5division/5teams per subleague. It was challenge because I had 1 game out of division each series and 1 team playing outside league each series.

Last edited by SandMan; 09-12-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #6
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Give me a few days to clear some things up here and I will start yours, with a promise it will be done before your next league.