Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #1
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NCAA Universe

Playing the game for years but have only recently wanted to try to have an NCAA world/universe. So, does anyone know of a mod that would have the D1 conferences/schools set up? Does it include logos or will I need to deal with that separately?

And, being relatively new to the mods thing...how would I get that installed (if it does already exists)?

Thanks.
mnyakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

I don't know of an NCAA mod. There's a college baseball schedule that gmo created some years back. You can find it here (read the whole thread, there might have been some problems with the schedule that was originally posted). There are a number of threads in the logos, graphics, & HTML subforum where members have posted collegiate uniforms, including Robo's thread.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #3
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So, let's pretend I really have no idea what I am doing. After I set this up (and based on the thread it looks like there was some success putting the schedule into OOTP 2016) how do I make it available to import as a feeder league for future leagues I set up?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:26 PM   #4
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea. I've never used feeder leagues.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I don't think they ever finished the one for 2015... There may still be one out there for 2014... Try doing a search in the Quickstart forum for NCAA, you will get quite a few results...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I did logos & jerseys a few years ago. They're obviously not up-to-date, but they may get you started:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...on-i-team.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...vision-ii.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ision-iii.html
Old 01-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #7
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the link to your logos. That helps a ton. I gave up looking (not that I put a lot of effort into looking) and started to create an NCAA universe.

What I have at this point is 300 teams (I left out the one 2016 independent of NYIT). 2 sub leagues with 16 divisions in one and 15 in the other. The divisions are strictly the NCAA Conferences and I did not mess with the divisions within the actual NCAA Conferences. The 2 sub leagues each have 150 teams.

The way I divided the Conferences was based on the NCAA Regions and arbitrarily put 4 Regions into the 2 Sub Leagues (which I named National League of Schools and American League of Schools).

I tried to use the proper names of the schools (sorry Ole Miss, you are Univ of Mississippi) and use abbreviations that were unique. So, not all of the traditional ones were used. Ohio State Univ and Oklahoma State Univ, for example, are not both OSU.

So, that is where I am at. What I realized last night is that the logos and colors is going to be a larger undertaking. Step one will be either renaming each logo, jersey and cap file to match the names in this file OR just manually doing the matching. After that all of the team colors need to be set.

So, all of that to get to three questions.
1. Any shortcuts to these steps would be greatly appreciated.

2. I need to know this before I decide how to proceed with the logos, jerseys and hats. If I manually match them and then create a template from there will the manual matching be a part of that?

3. Any suggestions on the Development Settings so that players will develop in 4 years? Would the settings need to be different if someone was wanting to make this a feeder into an MLB setup?
Old 01-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
txranger
Hall Of Famer

For the color codes on the logos, I have used a free program called Pixie... You can hover the cursor over any color on the screen and hit ctrl alt C to copy the code, then paste it into your filename... Still will take a little time but imo its faster than typing those codes...

Pixie / Nattyware

Old 01-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #9
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, I just remembered another question.

4. Hall of Fame, auto induction...those numbers are insane for a 4 year career. Any suggestions for adjusted "stand out" HoF numbers based on 4 years would be great.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #10
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
For the color codes on the logos, I have used a free program called Pixie... You can hover the cursor over any color on the screen and hit ctrl alt C to copy the code, then paste it into your filename... Still will take a little time but imo its faster than typing those codes...

Pixie / Nattyware
Awesome...thanks.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, I feel kind of silly, but I just discovered the League Association feature. I know absolutely nothing about it. Would this be a better option or worse option for an NCAA setup?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:29 PM   #12
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I just setup a 40 team Southern Collegiate League... I was going to set it up as separate leagues and then associate them then decided not to when I found a college schedule that would work for what I had in mind... 40 teams total, 2 sub-leagues of 20 teams each, consisting of 4 - 5 team conferences...
I have used the association before with success, but not with that many teams...

Here is a screenshot of how I set mine up...
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2016, 06:28 PM   #13
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
I did logos & jerseys a few years ago.
Update...
It has been slow going with adding actual logos, primary colors, text colors and background colors. I have completed 162 of the 300 teams. I have been using the caps, jerseys and most of the logos from @eriqjaffe.

Once I finish the other 128 team logos and main colors I will upload the saved game (and try to figure out how to make it a template to upload also).

After that I will need schedules (if anyone is interested...I can give the format if someone needs a head start). I have been thinking of a shortcut but it will result in no non-conference games.

I do plan on creating an NCAA universe where the conferences are their own leagues and the associate them all. I'm not sure which of those two models I really like better yet.

My original self-imposed deadline of Feb 1 will not be met so I am hoping to have this uploaded by Feb 15.

Any assistance is welcomed.

Thanks for your interest!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #14
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

ULA = ULL
University of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns.

Last edited by anthonywvalentine; 02-16-2016 at 04:28 PM.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #15
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

This site will help you with your colors. They've got more than anyone needs and their associated Hex values.
HTML Color Names
Any other help you might need just pm me.
I've done all the NCAA D1 a few times

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-14-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the offer.

Here is the updated update...
I was importing each conference as its own league and was going to associate them all. On all three attempts I was able to get no further than 10 associated leagues before crashing the game.

I am trying to figure out the best and most stable way to get all of the conferences in.

Last edited by mnyakko; 03-14-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #17
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnyakko View Post
Thanks for the offer.

Here is the updated update...
I was importing each conference as its own league and was going to associate them all. On all three attempts I was able to get no further than 10 associated leagues before crashing the game.

I am trying to figure out the best and most stable way to get all of the conferences in.
Considering how massive an NCAA baseball universe would be, my suggestion would be to create four "Associations" North, South, East, West. Slot each conference into one of those four associations. From there you create your subleague setup ie 6 conferences equals 6 sub-leagues, 1 division each. Once the season ends you have a regional "playoff" where the winners from each conference in a specific region battle it out to become regional champion. Once you have your four regional champions, they can square off for the National Championship. That's what I would do. Of course it's not 100% realistic, but it certainly sounds fun.

Last edited by PhillieFever; 03-24-2016 at 11:29 AM.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:05 PM   #18
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great idea. That might also make the schedules a little more able to do non-conference games!!

Thank you.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #19
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Considering how massive an NCAA baseball universe would be, my suggestion would be to create four "Associations" North, South, East, West. Slot each conference into one of those four associations. From there you create your subleague setup ie 6 conferences equals 6 sub-leagues, 1 division each. Once the season ends you have a regional "playoff" where the winners from each conference in a specific region battle it out to become regional champion. Once you have your four regional champions, they can square off for the National Championship. That's what I would do. Of course it's not 100% realistic, but it certainly sounds fun.

but you can only have 2 subleagues in a league... I like the idea of regional "associations" but they would have to be divisions not leagues, or 2 subleagues and then 2-3 divisions per subleague.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #20
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I'm planning to do something like this as well.

A couple things I'm stuck on. Not sure if I want to deal with Assocatiations, or if I'm just going to do 8 divisions (1SL) of 12 teams each. Then have an 8- or 16-team playoff at the end.

I also haven't figured out how I want to handle the draft (which will, in essence, be the recruiting). Since high ranked schools get the best players, it certainly won't be a bottom-up type draft. I'm thinking the top teams will draft in R1 and 2, and work their way down.

Curious about how to alter the aging and dev speed too. Want guys to max out around age 20-21.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote