Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Spectre
Bat Boy

Review/Suggetsions For My Lineup?

Hey guys. I've been trying a few different things in my lineup, but I can't seem to find the most efficient batting order. Any suggestions would be great - most of my players are regular starters, save for Left Field.

I prefer to base my lineup on statistics and actual performance, rather than ratings, so I won't bother posting ratings. I'll list my speedy players at the end.

2012 Stats

2013 Stats

2014 Stats (current)

At the moment, the only player excluded from these sheets is my free agent signing Carlos Gomez, who is about to come off the DL from a shoulder injury. I've been playing Mason Williams in his place and he's done fantastic, so I'm thinking about rotating him and J.B. Shuck.

Carlos Gomez

My current batting order (assuming Gomez is in the discussion) is:

1. CF Carlos Gomez - Fast, good hitter.
2. LF J.B. Shuck/Mason Williams - Fast, decent
3. RF Jon Jay - Very consistent
4. DH Jesus Montero - Great power and contact, not so much speed
5. 1B Justin Smoak - Awesome power but struggling right now
6. C- Jackson Williams - Seems to be doing very well for a rookie
7. 2B Dustin Ackley - Decent hitter
8. 3B Kyle Seager - Struggling recently
9. SS Tyler Pastornicky - Seems to have exploded since I moved him back to 9 from 2 in 2013, so I like him here. I don't know if players play better in certain places in the lineup, but the improvement has been insane.

Currently my speediest guys are Mason Williams (98), JB Shuck(80), Tyler Pastornicky(87), and Carlos Gomez

So, I want criticism, suggestions, reviews and advice from all who are willing to give it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Spectre; 08-22-2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Added Stat Headline
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

I can say it seems in almost league that JB Shuck, Justin Smoak, Dustin Ackely and Jon Jay don't quite live up to their expectations. They are good players don't take me wrong....just they never do as good as they should IMO.
Anyways, I'd suggest:
1. OBP- speed nice not necessary
2. OBP- good doubles guy
3. Best overall guy
4. Next best overall guy
5.-8. Just keep moving down to next best guy.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Plug your players into this site and try this for a time. It tends to go after OBP and SLG.
Lineup Analysis

use your splits to get the best lineup. Although I tend to only use my best OBP guys 1 & 2. I have a 34-25 record having my best OBP guy hit 3rd.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Spectre
Bat Boy

Thanks for the replies guys, and especially for the link. I know in general how a batting order is usually set up, but I was looking for how it would BEST be set up. It looks like that link is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm still open to any further suggestions!
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I hate to burst the bubble but there was a long thread on some baseball site, maybe Tom Tango's where it was confirmed that there is a mathematical error in that lineup analysis. I'll try to find it.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote