Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #21
a87star
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea
That link is the 2004 version of Thompson, before he defeated Bean and Diaz.

MJ
Just showing you he was in the online DB. He's definitely higher than a three. I think he has a shot against Guinn tonight. What do you think Mark?
a87star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #22
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I think he has a shot too though Guinn is on a winning streak. Thompson is a good combination puncher, he is 6'6", and has never been stopped. In addition, you have to have some skill to defeat Vaughn Bean. I'm glad that you mentioned that he is fighting tonight, I'm busy watching the NBA draft.

MJ
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #23
a87star
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea
I think he has a shot too though Guinn is on a winning streak. Thompson is a good combination puncher, he is 6'6", and has never been stopped. In addition, you have to have some skill to defeat Vaughn Bean. I'm glad that you mentioned that he is fighting tonight, I'm busy watching the NBA draft.

MJ
Beating Vaughn Bean is quite an impressive win for any young fighter. I'll probably be watching the fight since my team traded it's pick to Chicago, who then preceded to ship that pick to Portland.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #24
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

* Tony Thompson * update #2

Tony Thompson HW
Rating: weak 6

Isn't really a counter puncher. Works off the jab and has good ring gerneralship.

Last edited by IceTea; 02-23-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #25
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

* Dominic Guinn *

Dominic Guinn
Rating: 4
Post-Prime

Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #26
a87star
Hall Of Famer

I agree on both ratings. That is what I would have given Thompson, also.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:32 AM   #27
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a87star
I agree on both ratings. That is what I would have given Thompson, also.
I try not to look at the final rating but the highest in the current crop are 8s. I was tinkering with Sultan Imbragimov today and I had him around a 9...Yikes. He hasn't faught anyone yet really.

MJ
Old 06-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #28
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

Lets hope he is a helluva lot better than Timur. In general,people say he is the better prospect,still it makes you wary when you see a performance like Timur had against Brock.
lethal liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #29
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

I gave Thompson a couple of 3 point jabs and crosses and improved his cf vs both boxers and sluggers. I think that he is a strong 5 with my improved rating. Mine is very close to yours Ice. I havent tweaked Guinn yet,but your 4 seems about right. I try not to re-rate after one showing,but when a guy stinks up the place as he did last night makes it hard not to lower everthing..lol.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #30
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

I think that the Trunzos could probably make a little money if they would rate a list of new fighters every 6 months or so. I would pay for the ratings. I know they are strapped for time and that Title Bout is the least of their concerns,but how long would it take to create a few new ratings a couple of times a year? I think most on here would gladly pay for their time. I am not bitching,because the guys have been very good to its base customers. I have always been pleased with the way I have been treated. I just think that would be a way for them to make a little extra money on the title bout game.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #31
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
I agree 100% ... now I know the boxrec ratings are a joke ... but every 6 months or so the should go through the top 50 lists and make about 100-200 new fighters and update 100-200 fighters and charge $5-$10 for it. I'd buy it each and every time.

The problem would be finding a way to keep people who bought it from reposting the ratings.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #32
a87star
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal liberal
Lets hope he is a helluva lot better than Timur. In general,people say he is the better prospect,still it makes you wary when you see a performance like Timur had against Brock.
Sultan has been considered the better prospect and to have the higher upside. Timur was considered to be a decent HW going into the Brock fight. We'll know more about Sultan once he fights Ray Austin this fall. He did easily handle Lance Whitaker in his first step up fight, though (not much, I know).
Old 06-29-2006, 11:25 PM   #33
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I gave Thompson a couple of 3 point jabs and crosses and improved his cf vs both boxers and sluggers. I think that he is a strong 5 with my improved rating. Mine is very close to yours Ice. I havent tweaked Guinn yet,but your 4 seems about right. I try not to re-rate after one showing,but when a guy stinks up the place as he did last night makes it hard not to lower everthing..lol.
I'm not going to rerate guys after each fight. It is mainly for rerating fighters after each fight and tweeking those I've already created.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #34
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

anybody interested in actually posting the ratings...so losers like me...well...maybe just me, can use them in TBCB1?

I know the upgrade is well worth it...but for now...I'm still TBCB1...
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #35
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Chazz Witherspoon HW

Chazz Witherspoon (update)
Rating: 4
* Lacks handspeed * Lacks Power * Gets hit
* Is conditioned to go a hard 12 * Keeps busy * Throws lots of punches.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #36
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
probably a good rating, wasn't too impressed. Made Brock look good and that's not easy to do.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #37
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

Hey Rasmuth,I think Andreas is going to put the updated ratings in the online database pretty soon,you should be able to get them from there. Once I figure out who all was rerated in this new db..I would gladly post them for you.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #38
lethal liberal
All Star Starter

Ice,your ratings are very good,actually very close to my ratings. I didnt mean any disrespect,I wasnt implying that you rerate after each fight,I was just saying that sometimes I have to fight the urge to re rate fighters after one fight! LOL. Sometimes,when a guy is rated highly and he goes out and gets whacked in the first round,or just gets dominated for an entire fight,it is very hard not to go in and lower his ratings drastically. I have done that before and the guy bounces back with a huge upset or something..lol. I think you do a great job rating fighters. I always consider everyones rating when I am rating my own fighters. I like to compare,and if its a fighter that I am not real familiar with,I usually will go with someone else rating.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #39
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ice,your ratings are very good,actually very close to my ratings. I didnt mean any disrespect,I wasnt implying that you rerate after each fight,I was just saying that sometimes I have to fight the urge to re rate fighters after one fight! LOL. Sometimes,when a guy is rated highly and he goes out and gets whacked in the first round,or just gets dominated for an entire fight,it is very hard not to go in and lower his ratings drastically. I have done that before and the guy bounces back with a huge upset or something..lol. I think you do a great job rating fighters. I always consider everyones rating when I am rating my own fighters. I like to compare,and if its a fighter that I am not real familiar with,I usually will go with someone else rating.
* I hear ya dude. I like Witherspoon actually.....I think I'm the only one.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #40
a87star
Hall Of Famer

I like Chazz, also. Like Mark mentioned he does need to improve his defense and his hand speed. Does lack power but it doesn't mean you do not have chances in this mess of a HW division (re: Tony Thompson). The positives are his workrate and has great conditioning. He can be a player in the HW division but he definitely needs work.